Author Topic: The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess  (Read 51831 times)

Offline Smoke39

• Smoking is only bad for you if you're not made of smoke already
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile
RE:The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
« Reply #275 on: November 10, 2006, 02:50:16 PM »

Originally posted by: wandering
It's just that I've associated his face with all things bad

Are you implying that my posts are "all things bad"?  You're breakin' my heart. ):
GOREGASM!

Offline wandering

• BABY DAISY IS FREAKIN HAWT
    • View Profile
    • XXX FREE HOT WADAISY PICS
RE: The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
« Reply #276 on: November 10, 2006, 03:18:56 PM »
Aw, don't feel bad. Your posts aren't all bad. Okay, forget what I said earlier. Go ahead and change your avatar.

....No, seriously. Change it. It creeps me out. I swear I saw Kenwhatever blink once or twice.
“...there are those who would...say, '...If I could just not have to work everyday...that would be the most wonderful life in the world.' They don't know life. Because what makes life mean something is purpose.  The battle. The struggle.  Even if you don't win it.” - Richard M. Nixon

Offline Hostile Creation

• Hydra-Wata
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: November 10, 2006, 05:39:10 PM »
Blackplague, you know we have spoiler-text for spoilers, right?
HC: Honourary Aussie<BR>Originally posted by: ThePerm<BR>
YOUR IWATA AVATAR LOOKS LIKE A REAL HOSTILE CREATION!!!!!<BR><BR>only someone with leoperd print sheets could produce such an image!!!<BR>

Offline Smoke39

• Smoking is only bad for you if you're not made of smoke already
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: November 10, 2006, 05:51:22 PM »
There should be a button for spoiler tags, like all the other tags.
GOREGASM!

Offline KnowsNothing

• Babycakes
  • Score: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: December 03, 2006, 10:10:33 AM »
The last post in this thread is from BEFORE LAUNCH.  That is terrible.

Anyway, all the threads round here are about Zelda spoilers, so this thread is going to be the place where you can just come in and scream at the top of your capslock how AWESOME THIS GAME IS.  This game could really be the greatest Zelda ever, even beating out my beloved Link's Awakening D= It's basically OoT, except EVERYTHING is better (except for the music, which while still awesome, does not beat out OoT since oot's soundtrack is teh best ost EVER!!!11!!!)

My favorite area so far is either TEH LAKE or TEH FISHING LAKE.  So omg awesome.  Music rocks too.  Favorite character in game (and possibly EVER) is the fat sad clown at TEH LAKE.  The Gorons look sooooo cool.  Epona runs FAST.  Bomb arrows return for ultimate glory.  Chicken fetus is runner up for best item/character.  Midna is also the best companion ever.  Zelda and Link are the sexiest ever.  

kka wakka wakka wakka wakka wakka wakka wa

Offline IceCold

• I love you Vanilla Ice!
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: December 03, 2006, 10:15:08 AM »
You're grasping at straws
"I used to sell furniture for a living. The trouble was, it was my own."
---------------------------------------------
"If your parents never had children, chances are you won't either."
----------------------------
"If it weren't for electricity we'd all be watching television by the candlelig

Offline Bill Aurion

• NWR Forum Loli
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: December 03, 2006, 10:33:02 AM »
"This game could really be the greatest Zelda ever, even beating out my beloved Link's Awakening D="

Welcome to the club...

Hate clowns, though...How can you like the clown?  Clowns are just........CLOWNS, UGH!  (Midna, Ilia, and Agitha for the win!)
~Former Resident Zelda Aficionado and Nintendo Fan~

Offline matt oz

• APPLES!
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: December 03, 2006, 11:26:08 AM »
I'm 10 hours in, and I'm still in the second dungeon.

I feel that this makes me retarded in some way.

Agree/Disagree?

(For the record, it took me about an hour to figure out how to get that damn cat back to its owner)
Wii Code:  7894 - 4898 - 7716 - 3649

Offline BigJim

• View Profile
« Reply #283 on: December 03, 2006, 11:33:48 AM »
Sorta stuck at a part. Harumph.

Ok, so basically I'm at the part where you have to help the lady and the sick zora kid across the field. Call me a noob, but there is something difficult about controlling Epona, multiple weapons, fending off 5 enemies, and blowing out fires at the same time.   Maybe my B-trigger/Z-targetting technique is just fubar'd. What does everybody else do?  
"wow."

Offline Bill Aurion

• NWR Forum Loli
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: December 03, 2006, 11:39:04 AM »
BigJim: I ran ahead and took care of the Bullblings so they wouldn't set the carriage on fire...Then I stayed a little behind the carriage as the boar riders caught up, and took care of them...Then as you come to the opposite side of the big field, watch for the bomb-dropping Pterasaurs and take them out before they can steer the carriage off-course...  
~Former Resident Zelda Aficionado and Nintendo Fan~

Offline BigJim

• View Profile
« Reply #285 on: December 03, 2006, 12:15:14 PM »
Bill: My problem is basically that I can't seem to effectively z-target while on Epona. I'll been almost right behind the carriage and try to blow out a fire... I pull the B-trigger and try to Z-target the carriage but it doesn't "take" most of the time. Mix and repeat as they get away from me and I have to catch back up again. Grrr. So I thought something was just plain wrong with my technique, which is to say, I apparently have none.  
"wow."

Offline KnowsNothing

• Babycakes
  • Score: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: December 03, 2006, 12:41:42 PM »
Are you pulling the trigger and THEN targeting?  Try targeting BEFORE you pull out your boomerang, so when you hit B you can instantly release it and put the fire out.  Or maybe you are doing that and you just suck >_>  

Also, at one point during the whole ordeal I actually got off Epona and fought the enemies on foot.  I knocked them off their boars while on epona, then I got off and killed them.  Then I hopped back on Epona, caught up with the cart, and continued on.  It was much easier than trying to to do it all on horseback.
kka wakka wakka wakka wakka wakka wakka wa

Offline BigJim

• View Profile
« Reply #287 on: December 03, 2006, 01:06:10 PM »
Wow, I'm a moron. I B-triggered before Z-targetting. Got through handily by z-targetting first. Thanks Knows. What a dumbass thing to get stuck on. lollerz BigJim sux. Thanks Bill, too.
"wow."

Offline Crimm

• Get your unfiltered Bowsette here!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 1147
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: December 03, 2006, 01:16:06 PM »
Hey, don't worry.  I got stuck there too.  I spent a good 10 minutes in a loop because of the damn bombs  
James Jones
Mondo Editor
Nintendo World Report

Offline Hostile Creation

• Hydra-Wata
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: December 03, 2006, 09:16:52 PM »
That part was absolutely awesome.
I didn't use any techique, though.  I just went straight at it. :P
HC: Honourary Aussie<BR>Originally posted by: ThePerm<BR>
YOUR IWATA AVATAR LOOKS LIKE A REAL HOSTILE CREATION!!!!!<BR><BR>only someone with leoperd print sheets could produce such an image!!!<BR>

Offline GoldenPhoenix

• Now it's a party!
  • Score: 42
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: December 03, 2006, 09:55:22 PM »

Originally posted by: KnowsNothing
The last post in this thread is from BEFORE LAUNCH.  That is terrible.

Anyway, all the threads round here are about Zelda spoilers, so this thread is going to be the place where you can just come in and scream at the top of your capslock how AWESOME THIS GAME IS.  T

Check out my thread, it kind of got buried with the onslaught of Wii posts, it was created especially for avoiding spoilers!
Switch Friend Code: SW-4185-3173-1144

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
  • Score: 39
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #291 on: December 04, 2006, 03:26:30 AM »
I think this is definately the BEST 3D Zelda game created, without a doubt.  And it may be my favorite Zelda game period.  The vast variety of play options is incredible.  Though, the size of the game may be intimidating for repeat play throughs...with will make Link to the Past potentially the ultimate Zelda experience...as repeated play throughs aren't completely time consuming and always enjoyable.

The best part of this game, is the story telling direction.

The game begins with a more linear focus with strong story arc elements, directing the player on a very specific path.  These leads to some of the coolest moments in video game history, and allows players to push forward and get additional weapons and items to play with.

Then, once the player has enough options to truly play around and explore, the game seems to take a step back from the story elements and open the entire world to play in.  The field seems to have a nice variety of enemies to kill and practice, and the secrets as vast and worth exploring the entire world for.

Truly one of the best paced games ever created.