Author Topic: Mafia II: Day Four  (Read 19954 times)

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 98
    • View Profile
RE: Mafia II: Day Four
« Reply #25 on: February 23, 2006, 02:35:27 PM »
Wait, what happens if there's a tie?
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline MysticGohan

• I have a large position in nVidia.
  • Score: 12
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 23, 2006, 02:36:53 PM »
Then I guess there's a Tie breaker or they both die or something...
Everytime you open your mouth you prove you're an idiot. ~Vegeta

Never argue with an idiot he'll bring you to his level and beat you with experience.

"I'm doing this because I'm PISSED! Why the hell didn't you ask for my help!?!?" `Roy Mustang  FMA

I could go into a Wendy's res

Offline Pryopizm

• Staff Jedis-Are-Evil
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 23, 2006, 03:00:21 PM »
I'm going to sleep right now.  So, whenever I wake up, that's when polls close.
"Bullets, my only weakness.  How did you know?"

Offline Sir_Stabbalot

• Score: 1
    • View Profile
RE:Mafia II: Day Four
« Reply #28 on: February 23, 2006, 03:18:45 PM »
Alright, looks like I'll have to spill the beans a little early.

Stab noticed it was a tie. Stepping out would make him an instant target for the Mafia. but he had to act...  It was do-or-die time. He walked into the crowed and shouted.

"People, Wandering and I know of what is perhaps the last members of the Reggie Mafia! Earlier today, he private messaged me, asking if I had recieved a PM from UncleBob about Vudu. I had not; Wandering said that UncleBob told him that he though Vudu was mafia, but asked Wandering to start the vote. Fishy, wasn't it? He and I (but mostly he) figured out that UncleBob may be mafia with Vudu and trying to trap Wandering.

And so we decided that he would start the vote, and I would try to not get myself killed. We would see if the bandwagon worked. If it did, Vudu would be exposed and Wandering would be targeted by the mafia. If he was, UncleBob was also Mafia. I would merely let the word get out.

But now the trap will be sprung early! UncleBob, with no reasoning, has voted for Wandering after he started the vote! Why? He is Mafia with Vudu! Vote for Vudu and if he dies, I assure you he will be Mafia!

UncleBob's fate can be decided by the Vigilante. Perhaps."
"I am going away, but the State will always remain" - Louis XIV, on his deathbed.

"Chimps are like fine wine: I drink them both." - A friend of a friend of mine.

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 23, 2006, 03:22:35 PM »
Man, all the townies are going to die the way this group is going...

I would like to point out that wandering started messaging me first and also offered to start the vote to kill vudu after wandering saw my random shot in the dark the other day.
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline Sir_Stabbalot

• View Profile
« Reply #30 on: February 23, 2006, 03:25:52 PM »

Originally posted by: UncleBob
Man, all the townies are going to die the way this group is going...

I would like to point out that wandering started messaging me first and also offered to start the vote to kill vudu after wandering saw my random shot in the dark the other day.

Then why'd you vote AGAINST Wandering?
"I am going away, but the State will always remain" - Louis XIV, on his deathbed.

Offline MysticGohan

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 23, 2006, 03:29:26 PM »
Because he's gone Awhol

I'm confused lol, who started what?

Never argue with an idiot he'll bring you to his level and beat you with experience.

"I'm doing this because I'm PISSED! Why the hell didn't you ask for my help!?!?" `Roy Mustang  FMA

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 23, 2006, 03:30:25 PM »
Same reason I voted against vudu the first time...

I don't have the slightest clue what I'm doing

Offline Sir_Stabbalot

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 23, 2006, 03:32:24 PM »

Originally posted by: MysticGohan
Because he's gone Awhol

I'm confused lol, who started what?

Bob PM'd Wandering saying he suspected Vudu and asking him to start the vote, and said he had been asking others about it. Wandering PM'd me asking for confirmation of the PMing others, but I hadn't been PM'd. Then Wandering and I came up with our plan, then uncleBob voted against Wandering after seeing his Mafia Partner in danger. I'm sure eithe rWandering or I will not live to see tommorrow because of the mob.

Offline Sir_Stabbalot

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 23, 2006, 03:34:03 PM »

Same reason I voted against vudu the first time...

I don't have the slightest clue what I'm doing

Still, you had an ally. You BACKSTABBED him for no reason other then he voted for Vudu. That's good enough proof for me.

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 23, 2006, 03:38:34 PM »
Now see, this is where it gets interesting.  wandering PM'd me *first* - out of the blue...

This probably won't help anything, since I deleted everything in my 'sent' box (see the thread I posted on the PGC Discussions forum)...
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v180/TheUncleBob/wandering.jpg

I had no proof that I had an ally.  For all I know, wandering could very much be mafia trying to use me to help kill his competition....

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 23, 2006, 03:45:15 PM »
Wait... how do you know wandering isn't using you?

Offline Sir_Stabbalot

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 23, 2006, 03:46:21 PM »

Now see, this is where it gets interesting.  wandering PM'd me *first* - out of the blue...

This probably won't help anything, since I deleted everything in my 'sent' box (see the thread I posted on the PGC Discussions forum)...
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v180/TheUncleBob/wandering.jpg

I had no proof that I had an ally.  For all I know, wandering could very much be mafia trying to use me to help kill his competition....

...Nice job shooting yourself in the foot. Apparently, Wandering sent you what, five messages that seem to be responses. If you had written five responses to him, that's only 10 out of 25. What were those 15 used for, and why did yopu need space so badly?

To PM your mafia members! Heck, last game when I was mafia I filled up my PM box really quickly. Just like you did.

Offline Sir_Stabbalot

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 23, 2006, 03:50:25 PM »

I don't. But it seems you're protecting Vudu.

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 23, 2006, 03:52:43 PM »
You still fail.  Right now in my inbox is 11 PMs from wandering, 3 from 'Big Brother', two from the last round that I'm saving for reasons and one from vudu that I sent to feel him up (err.. out, that is).  Replies to those easily sent me over (not to mention that I had to delete all previous PMs just for this...)

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 23, 2006, 03:54:06 PM »

Originally posted by: Sir_Stabbalot

I'm not protecting him, I'm simply not going out of my way to kill him.  I've never once said anything about not voting for vudu.

Offline Sir_Stabbalot

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 23, 2006, 03:57:06 PM »

Originally posted by: Sir_Stabbalot

I'm not protecting him, I'm simply not going out of my way to kill him.  I've never once said anything about not voting for vudu.

But why did you vote AGAINST Wandering, who was apparently your ally, only after he voted against Vudu?

Offline MysticGohan

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 23, 2006, 03:59:50 PM »
We can go in circles about this. But it's obvious someone has an agenda, but who is gonna make the stand?

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 23, 2006, 04:01:06 PM »
Right now, the vote is:
VUDU - 2
DEGUELLO - 2
STEVEY - 1
WANDERING - 1

A simple vote could make the difference between three people possibly dying or just one...

Anywhoo, what reason was I given to believe that wandering was my ally?  After all, all he did was want me to do stuff that could very possibly just get someone killed that would work into wandering's hands.

And the funny thing is, after tonight, someone's likly to kill either Stabby or me, just to make it all even more confusing.

Offline MysticGohan

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 23, 2006, 04:02:29 PM »
Walksup to Wandering's Cheezerium, Wandering what's going on? we got several guys at each others neck, who's in the right? Also, anymore Cheese crackers with the vintage cheddar? I'm starved

Offline Sir_Stabbalot

• View Profile
« Reply #45 on: February 23, 2006, 04:08:07 PM »

Right now, the vote is:
VUDU - 2
DEGUELLO - 2
STEVEY - 1
WANDERING - 1

A simple vote could make the difference between three people possibly dying or just one...

Anywhoo, what reason was I given to believe that wandering was my ally?  After all, all he did was want me to do stuff that could very possibly just get someone killed that would work into wandering's hands.

And the funny thing is, after tonight, someone's likly to kill either Stabby or me, just to make it all even more confusing.

None of those PMs had him asking you to do anyting. Heck, it looks like you agreed about Vudu being Mafia, so why don't YOU swing the vote against someone you though was Mafia?

Anyway, I'm going to have go to bed. G'ning all, I have spoken.

Offline wandering

• BABY DAISY IS FREAKIN HAWT
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile
    • XXX FREE HOT WADAISY PICS
« Reply #46 on: February 23, 2006, 04:12:21 PM »
I'm going to save face here by trying to do something really outrageous: I'm going to tell the truth.

Unclebob probably isn't mafia. Vudu is.

Unclebob voted for vudu. I thought he'd be willing to help take him out. Here was the plan: he'd start sending pms to people. Our ruse would be that he was the initiater - because he already was, in a sense, for voting for vudu. I didn't want to assume unnecessary risk. I finally got him to agree by promising I would be the one who made the first vote.

Then I contacted people. I asked them if they had gotten pms from bob. They hadn't. I began to suspect bob wasn't really on my side. Here's what I told stab:

Hey, did you get a note from unclebob about vudu?

(stab said no, asked what the note said)

Just that he suspects vudu and is planning on voting for him. But he wants me to vote on him first.

When I pmed him back, he said he was telling a bunch of people, so I thought it'd be okay to just get a second opinion. Interesting that he didn't pm you, though.

I'm kind of suspicious. I think he might be trying to set me up somehow.

But...vudu has been #1 on my suspects list for quite a while. What do you think?

Apart for the bit about unclebob contacting me/wanting me to vote first instead of the other way around, what I said was true. I did think unclebob had decided I wasn't trustworthy and was probably plotting some sort of bandwagon against me. (Based on his vote agasint me just now, I'd say I was right...although he says the vote against me was just another ruse.)

I never told stabby I thought unclebob was a mafia member. That was all him.

Well. That's the story. Everything's pretty much backfired on me. I think we're all pretty much dead now.

But maybe not. Here's the situation: Deguello is the latest patsy of the mafia. Vudu is a member of the mafia. And UncleBob....I have no idea what the hell UncleBob's doing.

Vote your conscience.
“...there are those who would...say, '...If I could just not have to work everyday...that would be the most wonderful life in the world.' They don't know life. Because what makes life mean something is purpose.  The battle. The struggle.  Even if you don't win it.” - Richard M. Nixon

Offline vudu

• You'd probably all be better off if I really were dead.
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: -19
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 23, 2006, 04:48:13 PM »
Wow.  A lot of people seem to be against me, even though not many are voting against me.  It seems a very vocal minority wants me dead.  

Well, let me tell you what I think.  I think either UncleBob or Wandering are mafia.  Maybe they both are mobsters in different gangs and they don't even know they're working together.

Regardless, I'm pretty sure I know one person who is certainly mafia.  Deguello.  Here are my reason:  Pyro didn't pick our positions randomly--he chose them for us.

There were four people who survived the original game--Bill, Pale, IceCold and TVman.  Bill's not playing this game.  TVman turned out to be the cop.  Pale and IceCold were Godfathers.  He gave all the best positions to the people who won the last game.  Mario, a forum favorite, was made the captain.  Ty (a mod) was given the position of Freemason.  None of Pyro's favorites were made townies.

I'm pretty sure I know who the vigilante is and it's not Deguello.

This means that Deguello (also a mod) is probably in one of the two mafias.  It's possible that he's even the Rat.  (Although, since this is his first time playing the game Pyro might not have trusted him with such an important position, "the star of the show" as he referred to the character.)

I guess my ultimate point is, I'm not mafia.  The people who claim I am are either mistaken or lying.  I'll let you decide which.

VOTE DEGUELLO  
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 23, 2006, 04:54:32 PM »
I want to see how this ends... Someone go wake up the sports editor...

Offline vudu

• You'd probably all be better off if I really were dead.
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: -19
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 23, 2006, 04:57:30 PM »
What? There's a sports editor here?  
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!