Author Topic: Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots  (Read 43640 times)

Re: Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots
« Reply #125 on: June 14, 2008, 03:48:23 AM »
Can you at least save your cutscene-viewing progress so you don't have to endure the whole thing in one sitting?
Not just flowers,I love them all like weeds and     veget
able.

I want to do garden forever.

Offline NinGurl69 *huggles

• HI I'M CRAZY
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #126 on: June 14, 2008, 03:49:38 AM »
Sorry, this game doesn't include casual options.
:: Six Sided Video .com ~ Pietriots.com ::
PRO IS SERIOUS. GET SERIOUS.

Offline Caliban

• In Space As Always
  • Score: 32
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: June 14, 2008, 09:44:13 PM »
Can you at least save your cutscene-viewing progress so you don't have to endure the whole thing in one sitting?

You can pause it, but I don't know to what extent.

Offline Shift Key

• MISTER HAPPY-GO-LUCKY
  • Score: 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: June 15, 2008, 12:43:31 AM »
Gametrailer comments thread is hilarious reading. 2600+ comments of either "lol 9.3" or "biased".

For example:

looks like m$ gets its moneys worth again what abuncha dicks gt is this game deserves better..its not mgs fault it doesn't appeal to stupid people.

?? seems that super mario galaxy has a better story then this game.. and that had no story at all.

I am about to regurgitate over my computer. That was probably one of the worst reviews done by this site. I can not comprehend how this game can get a 8.9 for story. Its the greatest story in a video game ever.

Q fuckin Q.

OMG GT IS TOTAL BIASED FAGFEST

Gametrailers you suck. This game is amazing and you nitpick at almost everything because you are so petty and biased.

GT I **** YOUR MOMS AND YEAH BAN ME BECAUSE I HATE U YOU ARE FUCKING BIASED MGS STORY=8.5 SO WHY U DID ALL THAT PERFECT RETROSPTECTIVE

WTF THAT IS NOT FATE THE GAME HAS BEAN OUT FOR 21 YEARS I THINK I DO NOT WONT TO GO ON THIS SITE NO MORE I GIVE THE GAME A 10 :(

Although from my perspective they may have also rated it down because of the graphics. Jesus it looks so freaking light-brown colored.

My personal favourites so far (so much gold I didn't have to go far):

MGS4 feels like Pirates of the Carribean: At Worlds End, full and full of useless fan fare with no real substance, just slap as many characters into the game you can.

Maybe they were listening to a Shaquille O'Neal rap album while they played through the game, and turned up the volume at the beginning of each cutscene...yeah, that must be it.

PS: Apologies in advance, swear filter.

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #129 on: June 15, 2008, 01:45:18 AM »
I formally present you with the Best Compilation Post of 2008 award. Congratulations.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline Bill Aurion

• NWR Forum Loli
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: June 16, 2008, 08:43:50 PM »
Okay, so I'm about two hours into the game, and...God, where do I begin?

And I say that instead of "played two hours" because I've only played around a half hour...These cutscenes are ridiculously annoying...

Do I REALLY need a 15 minute cutscene that boils down to "Sup, I launder weapons.  Want some?"  This game already gets at least two points off for pissing the hell out of me... >=|
~Former Resident Zelda Aficionado and Nintendo Fan~

Offline GoldenPhoenix

• Now it's a party!
  • Score: 42
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: June 16, 2008, 08:49:34 PM »
I hate to say this, but MGS4 makes me appreciate GTAIV.
Switch Friend Code: SW-4185-3173-1144

• HI I'M CRAZY
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #132 on: June 16, 2008, 09:16:09 PM »
This must be the year of the "Fours".

Offline GoldenPhoenix

• Now it's a party!
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: June 16, 2008, 09:21:27 PM »

Well there two Fours which equal 8 plus the number of IV games which is 2 which when added to 8 equals 10.

Offline DAaaMan64

• Winner of the Most Terrible Username Award
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: June 16, 2008, 10:43:01 PM »
and

2 + 8 = 9

and

IV - 10 = 11

OH EM GEE, TEH CONSPIR-OH-C
FREEEEEDDDDDOOOOOMMMMMMMMMM!!!!

Marvel Heroes - Marvel Heroes
Frozen Shoe Games

Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil. For I am with me.

Offline UltimatePartyBear

• Voice of Reason
  • Score: 35
    • View Profile
« Reply #135 on: June 17, 2008, 11:28:27 AM »

Well there two Fours which equal 8 plus the number of IV games which is 2 which when added to 8 equals 10.

Don't forget Star Wars: The Fours Unleashed.

Offline Nick DiMola

• Staff Alumnus
  • Score: 20
    • View Profile
    • PixlBit
« Reply #136 on: June 17, 2008, 11:38:13 AM »

And I say that instead of "played two hours" because I've only played around a half hour...These cutscenes are ridiculously annoying...

Do I REALLY need a 15 minute cutscene that boils down to "Sup, I launder weapons.  Want some?"  This game already gets at least two points off for pissing the hell out of me... >=|

First MGS game? I guess I'm not fazed by the cutscenes any longer because I'm so used to their lengthiness in the preceding games. As far as I'm concerned, they are less annoying than they were in MGS2, where nearly every scene was needlessly wordy and obnoxious. The only thing that pulled me through that one was my intrigue of seeing what the hell was really going on.
Check out PixlBit!

• HI I'M CRAZY
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #137 on: June 17, 2008, 12:11:19 PM »
see the gamefaqs synopsis.

it's cheaper
takes less time
no installation required

Offline GoldenPhoenix

• Now it's a party!
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: June 17, 2008, 12:31:12 PM »

First MGS game? I guess I'm not fazed by the cutscenes any longer because I'm so used to their lengthiness in the preceding games. As far as I'm concerned, they are less annoying than they were in MGS2, where nearly every scene was needlessly wordy and obnoxious. The only thing that pulled me through that one was my intrigue of seeing what the hell was really going on.

I liked MGS2 because I actually got to play more game.

Offline Dan_Flyhight

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: June 17, 2008, 01:36:09 PM »
I have seen this played and I am by far impressed at the textures and graphics in general of this game. The voice acting is top notch and the stealth moves of snake are awesome. Especially when he's lying on his stomach and moving extremely slow so it looks like he's doing the worm! The only thing I have against this game is the same I do for Burnout Paradise. In Burnout Paradise there's a music track that does not need to belong in it: Avril Lavigne - Girlfriend. You can look and hear music from Snake's iPod and Hooooooooly crap there's some weird japanese music you wouldn't expect nor should you hear in a stealth game. But does that complaint really matter? No so that makes my comment all positive. ^_^
If ever the acid-spitting llamas ever engulf your esophagus out of fear for their own pancreas, you know who to call...

Offline Bill Aurion

• NWR Forum Loli
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: June 17, 2008, 02:05:36 PM »
"First MGS game? I guess I'm not fazed by the cutscenes any longer because I'm so used to their lengthiness in the preceding games."

I played through a bit of the first and second games, but 4 is by far the worst...

"As far as I'm concerned, they are less annoying than they were in MGS2, where nearly every scene was needlessly wordy and obnoxious."

That pretty much describes this game, though...Snake is noticeably worse when it comes to making every little thing he says sound as if it's the most epic and shocking thing he's seen all day...I just want him to shut up and let someone else talk!

"The voice acting is top notch"

If only the dialogue wasn't hammy, obnoxious, and redundant statements of the obvious... =|

Like that reunion between Snake and Meryl...I swear the conversation just switched gears about a half-dozen times with a hilarious range of emotions...Talk about mood swings...

Coolest part of the game so far (through the beginning of the second chapter) is where you sneak around behind a tank as it trashes up everyone in front of it...
« Last Edit: June 17, 2008, 02:09:39 PM by Bill Aurion »

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: June 18, 2008, 05:56:27 PM »
Fans defend the cutscenes because they're fans. However, I think most people become frustrated when a story in any medium drags. I've read books and watched movies where it was painfully obvious that the writer(s) and/or director simply fell in love with their own art. That's really the problem with Kojima's games. He's an excellent game maker, but a terrible storyteller. Not that he necessarily tells bad stories, rather he's very pretentious and long-winded. There's a roughly 27 minute conversation at the end of MGS4 which could've easily been less than 10. An effective narrative shouldn't rely on summary to ties up loose end. That's just poor writing.

• HI I'M CRAZY
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #142 on: June 18, 2008, 06:26:12 PM »
It's still below Toy Story grafiks

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: June 18, 2008, 08:50:32 PM »
It's still below Toy Story grafiks
Thats because its not on the PS2. :P
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline Kairon

• T_T
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 48
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: June 26, 2008, 07:43:02 PM »
Is anyone else here annoyed by the blatant and tasteless treatment of the ship captain in that planning/conference room scene? I can handle all the hammy ridiculous pretentious dialogue in the world, but this form of crass, sexist, mysogynistic humor just makes me feel a little ill. I don't care that they also have the Boss in MGS3 as perhaps the strongest example of a strong non-sexualized female character, there's a part of me that finds this particular instance on the other end of the spectrum in how females are viewed in the medium degrading.

Is there something I'm not getting here? Is it just geek culture? I don't know.
Carmine Red, Associate Editor

A glooming peace this morning with it brings;
The sun, for sorrow, will not show his head:
Go hence, to have more talk of these sad things;
Some shall be pardon'd, and some punished:
For never was a story of more woe
Than this of Sega and her Mashiro.

Offline GoldenPhoenix

• Now it's a party!
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: June 26, 2008, 07:45:55 PM »
Is anyone else here annoyed by the blatant and tasteless treatment of the ship captain in that planning/conference room scene? I can handle all the hammy ridiculous pretentious dialogue in the world, but this form of crass, sexist, mysogynistic humor just makes me feel a little ill. I don't care that they also have the Boss in MGS3 as perhaps the strongest example of a strong non-sexualized female character, there's a part of me that finds this particular instance on the other end of the spectrum in how females are viewed in the medium degrading.

Do you have a PS3 now Kairon? You seem to be talking about MGS4 alot (Not sure what part you are talking about).

Offline Bill Aurion

• NWR Forum Loli
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: June 26, 2008, 07:48:52 PM »

Most of the enemies you fight in the game are female, if you haven't realized it by now...The four female bosses and the FROGs...Also add the fact that both Naomi and Eva die, while no major male good guy does...  The designers at Konami have issues...
« Last Edit: June 26, 2008, 08:24:43 PM by Bill Aurion »

• HI I'M CRAZY
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #147 on: June 26, 2008, 08:17:44 PM »
"The designers at Konami have issues..."

SIMON ALUCARD 3D FIGHTOR

Offline Kairon

• T_T
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 48
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: June 26, 2008, 08:52:09 PM »
Also add the fact that both Naomi and Eva die, while no major male good guy does...  The designers at Konami have issues...

I knew about the soldiers, but OMG I didn't realize the rest of it.

Do you have a PS3 now Kairon? You seem to be talking about MGS4 alot (Not sure what part you are talking about).

NEVAR.

I watched about the last third of the game.
Carmine Red, Associate Editor

A glooming peace this morning with it brings;
The sun, for sorrow, will not show his head:
Go hence, to have more talk of these sad things;
Some shall be pardon'd, and some punished:
For never was a story of more woe
Than this of Sega and her Mashiro.

• HI I'M CRAZY
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #149 on: June 26, 2008, 09:16:15 PM »
watch it played it, same thing, it's next-generation cinema era desperation.