Author Topic: Rev in Nov. Wha?  (Read 19716 times)

Offline Don'tHate742

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
RE: Rev in Nov. Wha?
« Reply #75 on: June 02, 2005, 11:37:02 AM »
If it were up to me, I would "combine" Nintendo's handheld department with their console department.

Everyone knows Nintendo has amazing third-party support for their handheld.....why can't they use that in their favor? I've already said it before....GBA connectivity was crap....it was more of a bonus rather than any sort of innovation. However, it really only sucked because it's complexity. You need a Cube with the proper game, a GBA and the proper game, then a link cable. Their are too many pre-requisites (sp?).

What if Nintendo simplified the whole process? They've been talking about how simplicity is key, so why not apply that to everything (even the console it seems like).

What if the DS could talk to the REV? Let's say you download a game to your REV. Any game that was made before the Cube will work for the DS. It would be a very logical step if Nintendo allowed the DS to access the REV's game library, and transport a game or two. This would be a major incentive to those who have a DS and want a console. The DS would have access to years of games on par or better than those coming out for it.

This prospect could be taken to the next level. Those who have older games on their DS could play multiplayer through WiFi against DS and REV opponents....all hassle free (due to an epicable emulator). Those who have games on their DS could transfer those games to other DS's and REV's other than their own. That would make it much easier to play multiplayer since everyone (I assume) would need a copy of their own. These old games could be played online (again due to an epicable emulator) by either the REV or the DS, or even together if a DS is near a REV console.

Connectivity could be used by REV games in the same way it was used with the Cube, only this time all you need is a DS (rather than a GBA, game, and link cable). It would be simple and hassle free. And unlike the Cube, single-player games could have a "navigator" and allow for some fun yet gimmicky things through the DS's touchscreen.

Nobody would denie the DS/REV connection has alot of potential, and if brought out full-steam by Nintendo, many DS fans WOULD become REV fans. Add a 100+ AAA games to your DS collection now by buying a REV today! ----- Hell I'd do it....

Nintendo has always tried to make handheld owners console owners, and if they succeed (through this plan) third-party support will shift towards the REV no question about it.  
"lol in my language that means poo" - Stevey

"WTF is your languange" - Vudu