Author Topic: FORCE FEEDBACK GYROS FOR THE REV---  (Read 19641 times)

Offline Don'tHate742

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
RE:FORCE FEEDBACK GYROS FOR THE REV---
« Reply #75 on: April 14, 2005, 10:52:52 AM »
And the funniest post goes to!....haha didn't think this envelope was so damn hard to open......there we go!

MOJO! for his I wish I were high while reading this comment.
"lol in my language that means poo" - Stevey

"WTF is your languange" - Vudu

Offline zakkiel

• View Profile
RE: FORCE FEEDBACK GYROS FOR THE REV---
« Reply #76 on: April 14, 2005, 02:27:11 PM »
"The ones I mentioned are three more that guarantee the convergence of the Fourier series to the actual function." No, the first you mentioned you actually misquoted. I too have a textbook in front of me. It ain't an infinite discontinuity that's the problem.

"3. Think of the 1/x function, which if I remember right isnt's absolutely integrable because it doesn't die down fast enough. No discontinuities."  Ah, the integral of the original function converges (I thought you just meant integrable). You can use Fourier transforms on non-converging functions just fine (y=x^2, for example), you just can't do the whole thing. So yes, I missed this condition.

"2. Infinite minima and maxima... think of a sinuisoid that's infinitely compressed. There are no discontinuities." I think not. As the number of extrema approaches infinity, so does the slope between them. An infinite slope is a discontinuity. An infinitely compressed sine wave has an infinite number of discontinuities. I just don't see how you could get around that.

"1. Infinite discontinuities is not the same as infinite number of discontinuities. To see this, think of a function that has a single infinite jump, ie a vertical asymptote. That's an infinite discontinuity, but it's just one, so the number is finite." Which is where you got it wrong. Vertical asymptotes are perfectly manageable in Fourier transforms. The particle-in-a-rigid-box approximation relies on this.

"I said the other three. Countably infinite number is the first one. The ones I mentioned are three more that guarantee the convergence of the Fourier series to the actual function." When you said the first time that there couldn't be infinite discontinuities, I looked it up just to be sure. You had it wrong, or there's a misprint in your textbook, or something. Your own links bear this out.
Defenestration - the only humane method of execution.

Offline Robotor

• The Robot Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: April 14, 2005, 05:29:04 PM »
What does any of this actually mean?

Can the controller not wiggle in the oppisite direction you turn it?  The direction being determined by some sort of gyro.  I've lost track of what you guys are arguing about, I think it started as that but now I just don't know.  I suggest all parties give a simple recap of what they have said, for my sake.
It may be simple, but it ain't easy.

Offline PaLaDiN

• I'm your new travel agent!
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: April 14, 2005, 05:47:28 PM »
"As the number of extrema approaches infinity, so does the slope between them. An infinite slope is a discontinuity. An infinitely compressed sine wave has an infinite number of discontinuities. I just don't see how you could get around that."

Like I said, I'm not sure about my examples, but I definitely know that extrema have to be limited. It's both in my textbook and in the links. But that example still makes sense to me... for every two points in the sine wave that you infinitely compressed, there is another point between them that you also infinitely compressed and thus is still in between them. Therefore there is no discontinuity if you think about it. I may be wrong here though, I'm just relying on intuition.

"Your own links bear this out."

Check them again, a couple mention a finite number of finite discontinuities. Although on second thought I'm not sure if the discontinuities have to be finite or they're just repeating the "countably finite" definition, so you may be right there.

"What does any of this actually mean?

Can the controller not wiggle in the oppisite direction you turn it? The direction being determined by some sort of gyro. I've lost track of what you guys are arguing about, I think it started as that but now I just don't know. I suggest all parties give a simple recap of what they have said, for my sake."

Ok, here's a recap:

Rumble is possible with gyroscopes, but force feedback proper, in the sense that when you turn the gyroscope you feel a continual opposing force, is not.

The rest as far as I can make out is just a bunch of pseudointellectual pretentious bantering because the topic has no more reason to exist so we're picking apart each other's posts. What can I say, it's fun.

Nothing to see here, move along.
<BR><BR>It shone, pale as bone, <BR>As I stood there alone...

Offline Miyamoto Osaki

• View Profile
« Reply #79 on: April 14, 2005, 05:58:21 PM »

I wish I was high while I read all of this.

Me too
gimme $5 and a can of mount dew, ill get the job done, give chuck norris a gud reason and he does it for free... including a round house kick!

Offline zakkiel

• View Profile
« Reply #80 on: April 14, 2005, 06:20:13 PM »
Again, WHY would you ever read all this?
Defenestration - the only humane method of execution.

Offline wushupants

• View Profile
« Reply #81 on: April 14, 2005, 08:27:08 PM »
there's an evil monkey in my closet
5 out of 4 people have problems with fractions...
__   __   __   __   __   __   __   __

The prophecies are coming to pass... the end is almost at hand... are you ready for it?... where will you spend the rest of eternity?