Author Topic: Next Gameboy  (Read 23375 times)

Offline nemo_83

• Dream Master
  • Score: -1
    • View Profile
RE:Next Gameboy
« Reply #75 on: March 05, 2005, 07:45:05 PM »
I think they want the DS to be the third pillar beside GBE and Revolution.
Life is like a hurricane-- here in Duckburg

Offline Avinash_Tyagi

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: March 07, 2005, 04:26:03 AM »
The GBE is going to replace the GBA(probably not until 2008), the Rev will replace the GCN next year and the NDS will be the third pillar probably replaced 2010-2011.

So at any one time Nintendo will have three systems on the market

Offline couchmonkey

• I tye dyed my Wii and I love it
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
RE: Next Gameboy
« Reply #77 on: March 07, 2005, 04:39:21 AM »
I frankly think it depends on how the DS is received and whether or not Nintendo likes what it does enough to continue down that development path.
In other words, if the DS continues to be a big hit even after PSP is launched, and if Nintendo thinks the stylus control still has unused potential, we may see these things in the next Gameboy or Nintendo may even drop the Gameboy line in favour of DS (seems less likely to me than it did six months ago, but still possible).

If the DS starts to falter after PSP's launch, or Nintendo loses interest in stylus control, I think this will be the first and last we see of the system.

Could Nintendo continue DS and Gameboy lineups side-by-side?  I've always been skeptical about that, but I'm beginning to think it might try.  Frankly, if Nintendo does go in that direction, I will probably pick one handheld and stick with it, I don't have time for two.
That's my opinion, not yours.
Now Playing: The Adventures of Link, Super Street Fighter 4, Dragon Quest IX

Offline Avinash_Tyagi

• View Profile
« Reply #78 on: March 07, 2005, 04:49:09 AM »
I think that if Nintendo keeps both lines they'll stagger the releasesof the portables by a few years, release one line's new hardware, then 3-4 years later release the other line's new hardware.

Considering what's happened in Japan I doubt the PSP will be able to dethrone the DS.

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: March 07, 2005, 06:23:58 AM »
Weeeeelll....
The GBA was release alongside the GC, right? Wouldn't that mean the GBN could come out shortly after the Rev? Perhaps we'll see it next year at E3.

Offline Avinash_Tyagi

• View Profile
« Reply #80 on: March 07, 2005, 07:04:49 AM »
Well when the GBA launched there was no third pillar out, no way in hell is ninty dumb enough to cut the DS off at the knees.

Offline ib2kool4u912

• Prez Sez, SCHOOL IS FOR LOSERS
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: March 19, 2005, 11:15:51 AM »
Convergence of PGC forums proves it's not third pillar.

detective skills +1

Originally posted by: Ian Sane
"But if that extra slot under the gamecube isn't for a hard drive then what the hell is it for?"

The Gamecube waffle iron.

"I have made this thread. It is mine. I call it. But I will share it with you."-KnowsNothing