Author Topic: N64 Games like to see get updated on Revolution  (Read 15902 times)

Offline oohhboy

• Forum Friend or Foe?
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
RE: N64 Games like to see get updated on Revolution
« Reply #50 on: April 24, 2005, 09:06:21 AM »
Top Gear Rally?? Are you mad! that was a weak game. Sega rally on an inferior console was 10 times better than that piece of trash. Hell I would take V-Rally over that in a heart beat.

Aaahh Blast Corps, the sweet combo of stunts, mayhem and destruction.

Vigilante 8 was great fun with the funcky phyisics and the cow punch, although the cars should have stuck to the road a little better.

GT 64 wasn't that bad. Just average competent game.

Cruis'n was pretty rubbish. Felt like I was playing F1 Grand prix on the NES with F1 being more fun.
I'm Lacus. I'm fine as Lacus!
Pffh. Toilet paper? What do you think cats are for?

Offline kirby_killer_dedede

• I SUK AT DIS ENTERNIT OK
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: April 24, 2005, 09:30:07 AM »
DO NOT DISS MY QUEST
WHY HELLO THAR MR. ANDERSUN

4 8 15 16 23 42

Offline WuTangTurtle

• aka ShaolinKilla
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
RE:N64 Games like to see get updated on Revolution
« Reply #52 on: April 24, 2005, 06:51:06 PM »
Hybrid Heaven would be nice, or at least a game that used its battle style.

I'd like to see ROAD RASH, wtf happend to that series?

Offline Goldenmask64

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: April 27, 2005, 08:44:17 AM »
I think one of the coolest sequels that nintendo could make for the revolution would Jet Force Gemini, one of the greatest games of all time.
Neverland is an Ever Waking Nightmare

Offline vudu

• You'd probably all be better off if I really were dead.
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: -19
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: April 27, 2005, 09:20:56 AM »
JFG gets way more credit than it deserves.  It was mediocre, at best.  Plus, it was a Rare game, so I'm sure Microsoft owns the rights.
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!

Offline Goldenmask64

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: April 28, 2005, 08:40:57 AM »
Dude, your dead wrong, Jet Force Gemini, was awesome, sure the ant enemies were kinda corny, but the game itself was fun.  I liked the characters, the levels, the story, and the gameplay.  The weopons were cool and the multi-player aspect had lots of cool gamestyles and level designs.

Thats my opinion.
Neverland is an Ever Waking Nightmare

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: April 28, 2005, 10:39:01 PM »
actually nintendo retained a few game rights to some of the franchises rare wasnt going to pick up on again...i think blast corps was kept and maybe jfg
NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post

Offline vudu

• You'd probably all be better off if I really were dead.
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: -19
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: April 29, 2005, 08:48:24 AM »

i think blast corps was kept
Are you fricking serious?  Then why the heck isn't HAL working on Blast Corps DS?
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!

Offline Nephilim

• Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: April 29, 2005, 01:50:52 PM »
Quest 64 and the orginal Goeman64 were decent for there time, they both came out way before ZeldaOT and the 3D ARPG "revolution"
They both were great 3D Rpg's for the beginning for the N64 life, RABicle I dont know what your talking about..

Edit:
I think a "update" of toruk rage wars for rev would be awsome, game was awsome for mulitplayer, imagine online play

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: May 08, 2005, 04:43:36 PM »
by the way I LOVE GOEMON in a gay sort of way
NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post

Offline theasylum

• View Profile
« Reply #60 on: May 11, 2005, 04:40:56 AM »
man this has brought back so many memories. damn the 64 was a good f**king console! my poor ass cube hasnt been touched in about a year. i am looking foward to RE4 though, when that finally releases here....

you've got to be joking about Ninty owning some of the old rare lisences, right? apart from DK, which i would like to see a worthy rev version of, i dont think they ended up with any others. correct me if im wrong (and i hope i am) where are your sources?

winback was a fun bloody game and I would love to see a sequel. even the multiplayer, while simplistic, was damn sweet. fogging was a bit dodgy, would do a lot better on revolution.

turok always had alot of potential but acclaim stopped caring about making quality titles after the success of the first one. what the f**k was amorines all about?! what a cash in. worst. game. ever.

jet force gemini ruled.

thats my opinion.

Offline BoneDaddy

• View Profile
« Reply #61 on: May 11, 2005, 02:01:34 PM »
Remake Sin and Punishment and release it in the US!!!

Offline ruby_onix

• Obsessive Sailormoon Fanatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: May 11, 2005, 06:57:19 PM »

you've got to be joking about Ninty owning some of the old rare lisences, right? apart from DK, which i would like to see a worthy rev version of, i dont think they ended up with any others. correct me if im wrong (and i hope i am) where are your sources?

The US Patent Office website, mostly.

Rare was Nintendo's b*tch. Everything Rare worked on since Donkey Kong Country was either owned by "Nintendo" directly or it was owned by "Rare Limited", which was a confusingly-named paper company (or more accurately, a stack of money) owned 100% by Nintendo (not "Rareware" which was the company owned 51% by the Stampers). Even stuff like Killer Instinct was owned by Nintendo (although Rare owned the Sabrewulf character).

When Rare split from Nintendo, they purchased (or were given) select licences from Nintendo. Nintendo has been absolutely silent on the subject, but Microsoft owns Perfect Dark, and PD Zero is a supposed Xbox360 launch title, because Nintendo handed it to them. Presumably just because they liked Rare, and didn't want to crush them.

Nintendo kept all the Donkey Kong Country stuff (like Diddy Kong). Nintendo kept all the StarFox Adventures stuff (like Krystal). Diddy Kong Racing is probably screwed forever, because Nintendo owns Diddy, while Rare (therefore Microsoft) owns Conker. There are supposedly some loose games that Rare didn't want anymore, so they didn't ask for them, and Nintendo still has them (for now, at least). Like Blast Corps (which wasn't big) and JFG (which Rare supposedly said a long time ago that they intended to never make a sequel for).
Poor people should eat wheat!
I'm about to go punk up some 3rd parties so they don't release games on other hardware, ciao!
- Ken Kutaragi

Offline KirbySStar

• View Profile
« Reply #63 on: May 15, 2005, 10:37:16 AM »

Originally posted by: ruby_onix
Mischief Makers.

Wonder Project J2.

Ogre Battle.

A Castlevania would be nice.

Did Wonder Project J2 ever come out of Japan?  I was always very interested in the game ever since I saw a big feature for it way back when I used to subscribe to Nintendo Power.
I think I'd be willing to cutmod my N64 for that game and Sin & Punishment.

Offline jasonditz

• View Profile
« Reply #64 on: May 16, 2005, 06:43:54 AM »
I know its well past the point when we can trust Kemco to make a decent game, but I'd love to see SOMEBODY take a crack at Shadowgate again. Shadowgate 64 kind of sucked (a lot), but there was potential there.