Author Topic: Nintendo Looking for Street Team Recruits  (Read 1888 times)

Offline WindyMan

• It was the dog.
  • Score: 5
    • View Profile
    • WindyMan's Roller Derby Notes
Nintendo Looking for Street Team Recruits
« on: May 06, 2004, 11:23:07 AM »
Get a summer job playing games and get paid for it, so claims Nintendo.

THIS SUMMER: GET PAID TO PLAY VIDEO GAMES

Teens Face Worst Job Market in Decades and Nintendo Wants to Help

REDMOND, Wash., May 6, 2004 – You know you're going to spend your whole summer sitting around playing video games anyway, so why not get paid for it? With the worst summer job market for teens since the end of World War II, Nintendo is looking to recruit 48 people for the Ultimate Summer Job: showcasing Nintendo video games at music, sporting and lifestyle events in six major markets throughout the summer. In addition to their salary of $100 per day for a three-day workweek, the lucky few who are selected will join one of six Nintendo Street Teams competing for a $40,000 team bonus. One consumer following the teams' activities via www.nintendostreetteam.com also will have a chance to win a cash prize of $5,000.

"The video game industry is one of the fastest-growing in the world," says George Harrison, Nintendo of America's senior vice president of marketing and corporate communications. "You can spend your summer learning valuable skills and becoming an expert in video games – all without wearing a hairnet."

Anyone 18 years of age or older interested in Nintendo's Ultimate Summer Job can get more information, including a casting sheet and requirements, at www.nintendostreetteam.com. Eight people will be selected from Atlanta, Chicago, Dallas, Los Angeles, New York and Seattle on July 5. GameStop video game stores in each city will host live auditions at select locations (check Web site as dates and locations are announced). People in those cities also can submit two-minute VHS audition tapes explaining why they would make the best Nintendo Street Team members.

Nintendo Street Team members will spend July 7 and July 8 attending boot camp to learn as much as possible about Nintendo. They will cram information about Nintendo systems, all upcoming Nintendo GameCube™ and Game Boy® Advance games, company history and how to assemble a Nintendo GameCube while blindfolded (just kidding).

As additional motivation, the six Nintendo Street Teams will compete throughout the summer for the $40,000 ultimate team bonus. Each of the eight winning team members will receive a $5,000 bonus for seven weeks of playing video games. Nintendo will issue teams a new challenge each week and judge them on how well they meet their objectives. The results will be posted online, along with team member bios, diaries, video clips and message boards. People who follow the teams' progress on www.nintendostreetteam.com can vote for their favorite and earn the chance to win $5,000.

Steven "WindyMan" Rodriguez
Washed-up Former NWR Director

Respect the power of the wind.

Offline NinGurl69 *huggles

• HI I'M CRAZY
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
RE: Nintendo Looking for Street Team Recruits
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2004, 11:49:12 AM »
Does this mean you wear bright purple jumpsuits with GameCubes and controllers attached to you?
:: Six Sided Video .com ~ Pietriots.com ::
PRO IS SERIOUS. GET SERIOUS.

Offline Strell

• Score: -1
    • View Profile
RE:Nintendo Looking for Street Team Recruits
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2004, 12:35:06 PM »
I was on the Dallas Street Team two years ago.
I must find a way to use "burninate" more in my daily speech.

Status of Smash Bros Online bet:
$10 Bet with KashogiStogi
$10 Bet with Khushrenada
Avatar Appointment with Vudu (still need to determine what to do if I win, give suggestions!)

Update: 9/18 confirms t

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2004, 01:59:45 PM »
D@mn! Too young!!
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline Djunknown

• HEY! HEY! LISTEN!
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2004, 04:36:08 PM »
Dammit! Detroit gets shafted (again.). But how are they going to get 8 people around the state?

Pity it couldn't be a nationwide promotion, but I'm sure that's more trouble than its worth. On the other hand, Nintendo needs all the street credibility it can get....
Ma ma sa, ma ma coo sa
Ma ma se, ma ma sa,
Ma ma coo sa

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2004, 11:03:26 PM »
I don't expect too much of this, Nokia tried the same and look where it got them... On the other hand, at least Nintendo is trying.

Offline RABicle

• Used to be The Finisher
  • Score: 9
    • View Profile
    • Pietriots
« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2004, 06:40:22 AM »
Yeah and there's no way you could convince people on the greatness of the N-Gage.
I don't know just how influential i could be carring a GBA to a rcok concert though. Anyway I shouldn't worry because NAl won't be doing anything like this anytime soon.
Pietriots  - Post ironic gaming log.