Author Topic: Monster Hunter Generations Announced For The West  (Read 1174 times)

Offline Shaymin

• Not my circus, not my monkeys
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 71
    • View Profile
    • You're on it
Monster Hunter Generations Announced For The West
« on: March 03, 2016, 09:33:26 AM »

A stylish take on all of Monster Hunter's classic areas.

http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/news/42065/monster-hunter-generations-announced-for-the-west

Monster Hunter X will cross the ocean this summer as Monster Hunter Generations.

The title will release this summer, and owners of Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate will receive a bonus for their old save data.

As leaked, there will also be a special collaboration with the FIre Emblem series, which appears with Marth and Lucina.

Donald Theriault - News Editor, Nintendo World Report / 2016 Nintendo World Champion
Tutorial box out.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
Re: Monster Hunter Generations Announced For The West
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2016, 05:53:06 PM »
It helps that I never played MH 1 and 2, but, still not sure I'm interested in this.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2016, 07:41:02 PM »
I'm not so sure about it when there is no G-Rank. I had hoped that we would get the "Ultimate/G" version later this year or early next year.

I had hoped that this was going to be a Western release for Monster Hunter Stories or some of the other spin off series.
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline TOPHATANT123

• Wear a hat that's foil lined in case an alien's inclined to probe your butt or read your mind
  • Score: 12
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2016, 07:42:27 PM »
I should finish 4...

Offline Evan_B

• Formally known as Bevan Ee
  • Score: 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2016, 08:20:14 PM »
I'm a bit confused as to what this actually is. I've heard that it's more straightforward and less grind-based than other Monster Hunter titles, with an emphasis on combat more than anything else. Now I'm hearing it's an homage to the series' past?
I am a toxic person engaging in toxic behavior.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2016, 08:58:02 PM »
I'm a bit confused as to what this actually is. I've heard that it's more straightforward and less grind-based than other Monster Hunter titles, with an emphasis on combat more than anything else. Now I'm hearing it's an homage to the series' past?
My understanding is that it's both. It contains areas and monsters from MH 1, 2, 3, and 4, but the combat system is more like the Monster Hunter Frontier MMO series which I believe is faster and more stylistic. In Japan, it was called Monster Hunter X (Cross) since it's a crossover of two MH series of sorts.