Author Topic: This is what I call the pygorean thorum  (Read 2086 times)

Offline Jamani1

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
This is what I call the pygorean thorum
« on: August 03, 2003, 02:00:59 AM »
Dont you think that all the systems like sony and Xbox areonly strifing for graphical thing one day they willl meet there limits and there will be nothing to do and video games will be very boring but Nintendo who always does innovative stuff will be the only  one left the other sytems will be boring because they already achieved the highest point of the graphics and you know how son and xbox is theyonly love graphics they dont care about gameplay.I really think Nintendo is going to be the only one in the end give me replies.

before me there was many after me there will be none I am the one I am the great One.

Offline Stimutacs Addict

• View Profile
RE:This is what I call the pygorean thorum
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2003, 07:15:16 AM »
holy crap.. i understand almost none of that post.

I'll shut up now...

Offline boggy b

• View Profile
RE: This is what I call the pygorean thorum
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2003, 07:41:54 AM »
I disagree. Second parties will keep the others afloat. And not everyone wants innovation. Why do you think Fifa games continue to sell as well as Zelda games? It's a nice idea that the most innovative and best companies will survive, but it's just not true.
"And when he gets to heaven,
To St. Peter he will tell:
One more soldier reporting Sir,
I've served my time in hell."

Offline joeamis

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2003, 01:45:40 PM »
sony and M$ just don't care about graphics, and their new systems 2 generations from now when graphics are peaking will not be boring.

can gran turismo, metal gear, final fantasy, and all the other exclusives they have ever get so boring that noone will buy them....? no chance.

to say sony and M$ don't care about gameplay is ludicrous, to say nintendo cares about gameplay more though would be true.

to say M$ cares about graphics most though, would also be true.

Offline mouse_clicker

• Pod 6 is jerks!
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2003, 01:55:32 PM »
I think what he's trying to say, which is something Denis Dyack has also said, is that most developers out there try to make their game have the best graphics with the most polygons and the most textures, or whatever, and everything else takes a back seat. But in the near future, when console's have pretty much met their technological limit and there's very little difference between games in terms of graphical quality, the people who are going to get the best sales are the people who make the best games, which is Nintendo. Denis used an excellent example- a long time ago the movie industry was dominated by the people who had the best cameras, but when camera technology came to the point where every movie pretty much looked the same visually, the industry was dominated by the people who made the best movies, the guys who had the best plots, and had the best scripts, the best stories, etc.
"You know you're being too serious when Mouse tells you to lighten up... ^_^"<BR>-Bill

Offline joeamis

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2003, 02:09:08 PM »
yes I've read that interview too, mouseclicker

it makes sense, but jamani claims that the PS3/4 and XBOX 2/3 will become so boring nooone will play them which is ridiculous.

sony and microsoft will always have games that are fun to play,
sony will always have some fun exclusives, and M$ will always have some fun online titles.

sonys best games are not from great graphics at all, the graphics on ps2 are worse than all the other systems.  when i goto play ps2, i like the games because of the gameplay... i own red faction 2, medal of honor fl, midnight club 2, gran turismo 3, xenosaga, gta vice city, and i like them all because of their gameplay.