Author Topic: Episode 431: NOT TAKE MIRROR!  (Read 9439 times)

Offline Pandareus

• NWR Staff
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
Re: Episode 431: NOT TAKE MIRROR!
« Reply #25 on: June 08, 2015, 02:45:28 PM »
@Clexyoshi

Well, you know, 3D platformers and I don't get along.

Offline ClexYoshi

• Passionate Poster
  • Score: 15
    • View Profile
Re: Episode 431: NOT TAKE MIRROR!
« Reply #26 on: June 09, 2015, 02:39:00 AM »
@Clexyoshi

Well, you know, 3D platformers and I don't get along.

I suppose that's true enough. and the 3D parts of Unleashed/Colors/Generations is more like controlling a car or something, and that's not nessesarily everybody's jam. Regardless, Gui, you should hit up the Sonic Advance stuff, or if you're especially brave, venture over to somewhere like Sonicretro.org. they make a lot of really crazy hacks, from just your proper level layout/character moveset type things (Sonic 1 Megamix/S Factor/Metal Sonic Hyper Drive/Amy Rose/Vector the Crocodile/Espio the chameleon/Charmy Bee in Sonic the hedgehog) to things that are more just tiny tweaks to things or better hashouts of dropped concepts (Sonic 1 CD Remastered/Sonic 3 complete/some of the basic hacks that will like... remove the speed cap from SOnic 1 or allow for Sonic and Tails playable), to really kick-ass proof of concept hacks (Sonic 1 Color Contrast, Sonic 2 XL, an ordinary Sonic 1, LSD is bad, Sonic VR, Pana Der Hejhog, Dr. Robotnik's Critter Capturer) to outright baseless trolling! (Sonic 1 Omochao edition, Sonic the Very Useful Hedgehog, Sonic Vs. Camera, Red the Hedgehog, Chip McCallister in Sonic the hedgehog)

if nothing else, a lot of the people hacking sonic games at least have more imagination than the people hacking SMW. Speaking of that, I'm really looking forward to seeing if Mario Maker can stack up to Lunarmagic, but then again, it's kinda hard to stack up against a program that lets you insert custom art, music, and enemy coding into SMW. (a program that is going to be 15 years old in september!)