Author Topic: Is this why TellTale games gave me free Monkey's Island?  (Read 1403 times)

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 98
    • View Profile
Is this why TellTale games gave me free Monkey's Island?
« on: January 11, 2015, 11:21:08 AM »
http://trenchescomic.com/tales/post/wii-want-to-die

Is this guy the poor sap who had to gift me games?
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline ejamer

• Does he even know Khushrenada?!?
  • Score: 24
    • View Profile
Re: Is this why TellTale games gave me free Monkey's Island?
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2015, 03:38:32 PM »
http://trenchescomic.com/tales/post/wii-want-to-die

Is this guy the poor sap who had to gift me games?

Hahaha...  I received about 3 out of 5 Tales of Monkey Island games on WiiWare for free and wouldn't be surprised if this was the person responsible.  Sounds about right for the overall process, although you'd think that there would be a more efficient (though maybe not much faster) way to handle the administration side. Even getting a second Wii console in play would make things much easier.

Could also have been for other games/companies though. I remember a few doing similar give-away offers and assume it would be for similar reasons in most cases.
NNID: ejamer

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 98
    • View Profile
Re: Is this why TellTale games gave me free Monkey's Island?
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2015, 04:17:37 PM »
Yup.  I remember signing up to get #3 free and had assumed it was a promo to try and get me to buy the others.

Later, out of the blue, they gifted me 3 and 4.  Which means they hadn't deleted my number from their system.

This guy's numbers are a little of (time will do that to you) - Wii held 100 friend codes and $200 credit at a time... but yeah, I can't imagine the hell this was for this guy.
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.