Author Topic: Nintendo Free Radio 48: Careful Phrasing  (Read 2964 times)

Offline Shaymin

• Not my circus, not my monkeys
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 71
    • View Profile
    • You're on it
Nintendo Free Radio 48: Careful Phrasing
« on: November 27, 2014, 03:56:26 PM »
Not just referring to innuendo anymore.
(Download - Time: 3:19:39)

Sick of hearing family or Joe Buck on this Thanksgiving? Drown it all out with some Nintendo Free Radio as the team aims to keep you out of a turkey coma. For New Business, it opens with a mutual admiration society for two of the biggest Nintendo releases - the Mario Kart 8 DLC and Super Smash Bros 4 (Wii U), and extended impressions are provided for both. The plan was for a third mutual game, but the Wolf Among Us discussion spiraled off into its own brief episode. Stephen has a Fantasy Life update, Donald returns to the land of tropical trumpets with Pokemon Alpha Sapphire, and Austen has two major PS4 releases in... Little Big Planet 3 and Chariot. (Stop laughing.) Also mentioned: A game that may be worth a lot of money for Donald someday.

In Whatcha Watchin', Stephen has continued down the wild road of Wakfu, keeping other things from his Netflix queue at bay. Donald has been getting his game show gimmicks on with a brief report on Price is Right's Big Money Week and the biggest event of the year in quizzery, the Jeopardy Tournament of Champions. (The full postgame chat Donald mentions can be found here.) Austen has gotten heavy on the CW with more on Arrow, Flash and the not-Dr. Metts-approved The 100, before bringing it home on Big Hero 6.

The Feature topic is a somewhat brief overview of the "next-gen" consoles (PS4 and Xbone) entering Year 2. Someone's cruising, someone's dumping and someone's abstaining - you'll find out who. The Mushrooms feature a return even more unwanted than Denis Dyack's that might get Donald in a boatload of trouble and/or Twitter spam, as well as slamming of Smash and Blizzard love that comes from some rather unusual places.

Next time around is the last regulation episode before Christmas, and we would love to hear from you with holiday memories or plans. Email, tweet or post 'em here, and don't forget to send in ideas for categories you want to see for the Game of the Year show as well.

This podcast was recorded on November 23 and was edited by Donald Theriault. All music and clips are used under fair use. Your warning for next episode: Chie is best girl.
Donald Theriault - News Editor, Nintendo World Report / 2016 Nintendo World Champion
Tutorial box out.

Offline pokepal148

• Inquire within for reasonable rates.
  • Score: -9967
    • View Profile
Re: Nintendo Free Radio 48: Careful Phrasing
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2014, 03:42:12 PM »
Wait Shaymin, if I got OR/AS would I be able to upload Pokemon I caught from those games into x/y?

Offline Shaymin

• NWR Staff
    • View Profile
    • You're on it
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2014, 09:23:29 PM »
As long as they don't have new moves, you can put them into Bank and go to XY from there.

And HOLY CRAP THE LEGENDARY SPAM
Donald Theriault - News Editor, Nintendo World Report / 2016 Nintendo World Champion
Tutorial box out.

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2014, 09:25:08 AM »
As long as they don't have new moves, you can put them into Bank and go to XY from there.

And HOLY CRAP THE LEGENDARY SPAM
So my question is besides the original Games legendaries whose missing?

You could make multiple teams out of just legendaries...
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline Shaymin

• NWR Staff
    • View Profile
    • You're on it
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2014, 09:42:10 PM »
In ORAS? Just the legends in X and Y and most of the event ones.
Tutorial box out.

Offline azeke

• He's ruining Splatfest for the rest of us
  • Score: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2014, 11:55:18 PM »
The Feature topic is a somewhat brief overview of the "next-gen" consoles (PS4 and Xbone) entering Year 2. Someone's cruising, someone's dumping and someone's abstaining - you'll find out who.
Between PS4 and XBone then only right answer is PC, of course. All AAA crap still comes out and for ridiculously low prices too.

If i had more than a passing interest in any of the games EA, Ubisoft or WB shat out this year i could have bought them all for like 20$ a piece. Having said that i still plan to play both AC games and Shadow of Mordor sometime next year maybe.
Winners don't hate and W101 rocks

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2014, 09:20:06 AM »
The Feature topic is a somewhat brief overview of the "next-gen" consoles (PS4 and Xbone) entering Year 2. Someone's cruising, someone's dumping and someone's abstaining - you'll find out who.
Between PS4 and XBone then only right answer is PC, of course. All AAA crap still comes out and for ridiculously low prices too.

If i had more than a passing interest in any of the games EA, Ubisoft or WB shat out this year i could have bought them all for like 20$ a piece. Having said that i still plan to play both AC games and Shadow of Mordor sometime next year maybe.
I've made that argument before off-air but we were going with consoles.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.