Author Topic: Super Mario 3D World cover observation WARNING: CAT DESTROYING SPOILERS!!♥!  (Read 3081 times)

Offline azeke

• He's ruining Splatfest for the rest of us
  • Score: 11
    • View Profile
Look at these covers (text specifically):

Do you see it?

"Mario" word. First, letters go as green (M), blue (A), yellow (R), red (I) and green (O) in SMW and YI.

Starting from Mario 64, they start going blue, green, yellow, red, green. It's Mario 64 and two Galaxy games (Sunshine skipped it entirely and had all of it's title written in ocean blue).

Starting from Land colours start changing again. Now it's red, green, yellow, blue and green again.

And finally we arrive at 3D World which ditches second green in "O" for pink.

It's kinda interesting that letters kinda match playable characters: red M for Mario, green A for Luigi, yellow R is for cat Mario (?), blue I is for Toad and pink O is for Peach.

I am doubtful about yellow I, but pink O is obviously there because of Peach. Pink was never there previously so it's not just a random colour rehashing on their part.

Probably doesn't mean much, just a random observation. For all we know they could just decided on letter colouring on cover to cover basis and designer just picked the ones that are the most pleasing and colour balanced with rest of the picture.
Winners don't hate and W101 rocks

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
Stop asking questions, you don't know how high up this goes.

U R MR GAY

Offline alegoicoe

• Score: -1
    • View Profile
i got its at midnight i couldn't put the controller down for almost three hours. This game is perfect, it has incredible flow and creative gameplay. Graphics wise its an art master piece, Nintendo really put an effort on making this game the Wii U game to get.
Nintendo Network ID: LivByDCreed
Switch Friend Code: SW-4906-9561-1308

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
  • Score: 10131
    • View Profile
After watching a lot of videos I've completely changed my mind and will definitely be picking this game up.
I think it says on the box, 'No Hispanics' " - Jeff Green of EA

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
I'll give you that the "O" was made Pink for Peach, but my initial takeaway was that if Yoshi isn't on the cover, he's not in the game.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
Clever. I would say the yellow R is for the Yellow Toad, but he's been in the NSMB series and doesn't seem to be in Super Mario 3D World.

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
  • Score: 39
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
I'll give you that the "O" was made Pink for Peach, but my initial takeaway was that if Yoshi isn't on the cover, he's not in the game.

This is the true answer.  The other answer is just silly.  Good observation.

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
There's one exception though, not pictured.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline Caterkiller

• Not too big for Smash Bros. after all
  • Score: 74
    • View Profile

ShyGuy is consistently funny! I love this guy! Give him the $10,000!

"You don't know how high up this goes." Hahahaha! Like he stumbled upon some forbidden secret that would shake the world to its core. Hahahah! Oh that's good stuff!
Nintendo players and One Piece readers, just better people.

RomanceDawn

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile

ShyGuy is consistently funny! I love this guy! Give him the $10,000!

"You don't know how high up this goes." Hahahaha! Like he stumbled upon some forbidden secret that would shake the world to its core. Hahahah! Oh that's good stuff!

Shyguy was super fun to play minecraft with
NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post