Author Topic: Soul Calibur 2 could come to Wii U  (Read 6559 times)

Offline Caterkiller

• Not too big for Smash Bros. after all
  • Score: 74
    • View Profile
Soul Calibur 2 could come to Wii U
« on: September 19, 2013, 06:42:15 PM »

http://www.gamesradar.com/soulcalibur-2-hd-could-get-post-release-content-or-wii-u-version-if-demand-there/

If there is demand for it then it can happen. Please do your part and tweet the producer (@hosino_calibur).

Apparently when asked about it, the guy seemed puzzled that there were even any Wii U owners in the room. :(

I did my part. What about you?
Nintendo players and One Piece readers, just better people.

RomanceDawn

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
Re: Soul Calibur 2 could come to Wii U
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2013, 07:57:27 PM »
Ridley for Soul Calibur 2!
« Last Edit: September 19, 2013, 07:59:30 PM by ShyGuy »

Offline azeke

• He's ruining Splatfest for the rest of us
  • Score: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2013, 09:58:56 PM »
They're making us beg to give them money? I've got my copy of SCII and it's perfectly fine and still fun to play. I'd consider HD version but they have to make it themselves first.
Winners don't hate and W101 rocks

Offline Caterkiller

• Not too big for Smash Bros. after all
  • Score: 74
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2013, 10:12:44 PM »
Ridley for Soul Calibur 2!

You know me so well.

Azeke this one does have online so that is certainly something new for old fans.
Nintendo players and One Piece readers, just better people.

RomanceDawn

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2013, 10:20:22 PM »
Only really interested if Link is still in it. Had the GC game, but not sure how much I'd play it. It'd mostly be for the novelty.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2013, 10:35:16 PM »
We need more HD Gamecube games. Howzabout Luigis Mansion HD remix?

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2013, 11:00:56 PM »
Hmm, I wonder if Soul Calibur II HD for Wii U is the plan all along. If they release on PS3/360 first, they get those sales and potentially double dippers on Wii U after announcing the same game except with Link added which will sell because ZOMG LINK. Not sure I'd play Soul Calibur II HD much and I still have my original Gamecube disc, but yeah, I'd probably buy Soul Calibur II HD because ZOMG LINK. I'm actually a bit more interested in Soul Calibur: Lost Swords since it's new and set before Soul Calibur Let's-Replace-Most-Of-The-Roster V, but it's PS3 exclusive and the free-to-play thing has be skeptical.

Offline Arbok

• Toho Mikado
  • Score: 5
    • View Profile
    • Toho Kingdom
« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2013, 11:03:28 PM »
Seeing as how this is a game I still dig my Gamecube out for, yeah would love to see it come out for the Wii U.

Consider @hoshino_calibur bugged.
Toho Kingdom

@romero_tk

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
  • Score: 10131
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 20, 2013, 11:37:22 PM »
Soul Calibur 2 sold the most copies for GameCube, it makes sense for them to release a Wii U port with Link in it, and it would be incredibly easy since it's basically the same architecture.
I think it says on the box, 'No Hispanics' " - Jeff Green of EA

Offline the asylum

• Score: -28
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 21, 2013, 12:41:32 PM »
Imagine F-Zero GX in HD

actually no

Imagine a new F-Zero game on the Wii U

I can on both counts. Too bad Nintendo can't.

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 21, 2013, 06:35:54 PM »
F-Zero GX HD. 120 FPS.

Do it Nintendo!

Offline Halbred

• Staff Paleontologist, Ruiner of Worlds
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 17
    • View Profile
    • When Pigs Fly Returns
« Reply #11 on: September 21, 2013, 11:01:54 PM »
Seeing as Soul Calibur 2 is the best in the series (by far), I support this concept.
This would be my PSN Trophy Card, but I guess I can't post HTML in my Signature. I'm the pixel spaceship, and I have nine Gold trophies.

Offline sweetfeathery

• Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 25, 2013, 01:35:13 AM »
We could finally have Link vs Spawn :P

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 25, 2013, 05:27:45 AM »
I never understood why the gamecube or wii never got a new soul calibur. As people pointed out earlier, the game sold the most on gamecube. Yes, I know that Sony gave a money hat for 3, but that didn't stop other devs from making versions of their money hat games for other consoles. And I'm sure many of us Nintendo folk would not have been picky. Just reuse the sc2 engine and give us new characters and weapons. The difference between the wii and gc were minuscule and this could have easily been a far better and more popular game than that crappy adventure game they shat on the wii.
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline smallsharkbigbite

• Score: -7
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 25, 2013, 10:10:12 AM »
And I'm sure many of us Nintendo folk would not have been picky. Just reuse the sc2 engine and give us new characters and weapons.

Sorry, I know you didn't make this statement to be controversial but it made me laugh. I envisioned all the standard comments that come out on this forum when a game isn't up to their standards or is a port in general.

Rayman delay - Obviously this developer doesn't deserve our money boycott!  They deserve to fail.
Batman multiplayer issue - Why even bother releasing it?  I'm going to buy the ps360 version, who would buy this version unless you're a peasant and it's your only console.
Madden U 13 uses 12 physics - Roid rage!  Even though I argue that each Madden is the same for hours on end this is completely unacceptable. They need to at least pretend to have new features.
Wind Waker port - Nothing worth seeing here that I can't get with my Gamecube copy. Sad how far Nintendo has gone to rehash a game that wasn't that popular in the first place. What are they doing twiddling their thumbs?  Where is our real Zelda for the Wii U.

Yeah Nintendo fans aren't picky.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2013, 10:18:58 AM by smallsharkbigbite »

Offline Soren

• Hanging out in the Discord
  • Score: 35
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 25, 2013, 11:12:23 AM »
If being picky means wanting a port to be equal across all platforms then yes, I am picky.
My YouTube Channel: SenerioTV

Offline Ian Sane

• Champion for Urban Champion
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 25, 2013, 02:11:34 PM »
I wouldn't buy Soul Calibur II HD for the Wii U not because it isn't the right "fit" for the console or whatever but simply because I already have the game on the Gamecube and am not interested in buying another version of it.  I have a PS3 but I won't buy this on that console either.  But realistically the audience on any of the three systems would be the same since the original was popular on all three platforms.

The Wii didn't get the "real" Soul Calibur games for one simple reason - because it wasn't compatible with multiplatform development.  That's why we got a lame spinoff.  Namco obviously noticed that the Nintendo audience was interested in the franchise but the Wii was going to need it's own game to make up for its technical shortcomings.  Unfortunately they did what everyone did and focused on gimmickly motion controls and assigned the project to their B-team and it was soundly rejected.

The funny thing is that they say there is no market on Nintendo consoles for their games but their games bomb specifically because the market wants the REAL version of the game, the same version the other guys get.  Namco interprets it as "I guess they don't like Soul Calibur" when what we were saying was that we LIKE Soul Calibur.  So much so that we're savy enough to know that what we're getting isn't the real thing and that we want the real thing and will only buy that.  Nintendo fans are not idiots and will only buy the games they actually want but it's easier to blame the consumers than blame yourselves for not offering the product the consumer actually wants so everyone just gives up without looking at how outright rigged the situation was to fail.

And since we do want these games what do we do?  We buy another console and buy those games there since they're available on day one with no compromises.  If the third party games we wanted were on a Nintendo console on the same release day with the exact same features we would buy them on our Nintendo console.  Of course uncompromised PS4 and XB1 ports won't be possible so even if third parties actually gave their Wii U games a fair chance to succeed that was never going to last into the future anyway.  I would say both Nintendo and the third parties have poisoned third party support on the Wii brand.  They've all made it impossible for the third party product that people actually want to buy will be available on Nintendo consoles.

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 25, 2013, 04:17:06 PM »
The last soul calibur game that came out was exactly like soul calibur 2. I rented it, and what do you know I picked it up and beat it instantly. I dont see the point of making part 2 when you can make the last one and throw link in it.
NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post