Author Topic: Rumor: Mario Golf: World Tour Due Out August 25  (Read 1416 times)

Offline Steel Diver

• Score: 12
    • View Profile
    • Nintendo Gamer Thoughts
Rumor: Mario Golf: World Tour Due Out August 25
« on: May 08, 2013, 01:50:58 PM »

Will Mario be hitting the greens this august? We will see...

http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/rumor/34139

Mario Golf: World Tour is due out August 25 according to a listing on GameFly.

Though it is not confirmed, GameFly has been right in the past with Mario Tennis Open, and close with the upcoming Wii U title, Game & Wario.

Mario Golf: World Tour was announced during a recent Nintendo Direct, and will launch this summer. Like other Mario Golf games, it will feature both realistic courses and ones inspired by the folks of the Mushroom Kingdom.

I'm a staff writer here at good ol' Nintendo World Report, but I also have a Nintendo website at www.nintendogamerthoughts.com

Offline Pixelated Pixies

• Just call me PixPix™
  • Score: -178
    • View Profile
Re: Rumor: Mario Golf: World Tour Due Out August 25
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2013, 02:17:43 PM »
This game might be kind of cool if it utilises Streetpass in a meaningful way. Competing asynchronously with people that you pass would be neat.
Gouge away.

Online NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2013, 03:41:34 PM »
Kind of like Coin Rush, you save your best round you've played and the people you meet try and beat your score. That would be really cool. It sounds like they're doing some cool stuff with asynchronous online tournaments, which seems even better with the relative scarcity of Streetpasses outside Japan.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline Rubber Band AI

• Score: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2013, 12:50:07 PM »
In a year full of quality 3DS titles, I'm oddly interested in this game...

Offline Caterkiller

• Not too big for Smash Bros. after all
  • Score: 74
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2013, 12:43:31 PM »
Kind of like Coin Rush, you save your best round you've played and the people you meet try and beat your score. That would be really cool. It sounds like they're doing some cool stuff with asynchronous online tournaments, which seems even better with the relative scarcity of Streetpasses outside Japan.

If its similar to coin rush that would be fantastic. The only reason why I stopped playing against the scores of other people was because of the cap they put on the scores. With golf I can't imagine there would be any such thing, so if I can attempt a random strangers record and truly do my best it will be worth it.
Nintendo players and One Piece readers, just better people.

RomanceDawn

Offline xcwarrior

• Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2013, 11:34:50 PM »
I loved Mario Golf on the Gamecube. I hope this game has even deeper elements. Outside of Pokemon X/Y, this is my most anticipated 3DS game of the year. Well until I play this Project X Demo... might fall to #3. But still, I want to hear more about this NWR! Get on it!
Nintendo ID: XCWarrior
3DS code: 1289-8376-3350. PM me if you want to swap.
Steam and backloggery.com are also: XCWarrior