Author Topic: Hello, fellow Nintendo fans  (Read 4969 times)

Offline MrVargas

• Score: 1
    • View Profile
Hello, fellow Nintendo fans
« on: September 23, 2012, 08:57:54 AM »

Hi everyone. I'm a regular poster on GAF but there are too many haters over there to have a decent conversation without having trolls derail the conversation so I registered here. Just some vital info, I'm a 3DS owner and have a WIi U deluxe on preorder from Walmart.com. I also own a PS3, Vita, and 360, all which I enjoy but Nintendo will always have a special place in my heart. I also have a son and another one on the way so I can't wait to play all the classic Nintendo franchises with them (Smash Bros., Mario Kart, Mario Platformers, etc.).

Anyways, I am super-hyped about the Wii U. Almost too much. I think about it like everyday. lol. I'm even planning on building a shelf into the wall next to my TV which will be my dedicated Gamepad charging shelf (out of reach of my 1 1/2 year old son).

Offline Pixelated Pixies

• Just call me PixPix™
  • Score: -178
    • View Profile
Re: Hello, fellow Nintendo fans
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2012, 10:37:54 AM »
Welcome!

Hopefully you'll find the general level of discussion and debate here a little more to your liking.

A dedicated Gamepad charging shelf? You truely are a fellow Nintendork.
Gouge away.

Offline magicmilner

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2012, 10:48:11 AM »
I was about to create my own thread but I hope you don't mind me using yours ;D

Long time lurker here and on GAF but yeah the hate going on for Wii U is crazy! I'm personally hyped for Wii U that Nov 30th seems so far away (I'm in the UK) I look forward to discuss nintendon with you guys

Offline Pixelated Pixies

• Just call me PixPix™
  • Score: -178
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2012, 11:13:16 AM »

Long time lurker here and on GAF but yeah the hate going on for Wii U is crazy! I'm personally hyped for Wii U that Nov 30th seems so far away (I'm in the UK) I look forward to discuss nintendon with you guys

I happen to be one of those espousing pessimism for the Wii U, lol. Come here expecting a higher level of discussion, don't come expecting complete devotion to Nintendo and everything they release.  ;)
Gouge away.

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2012, 12:29:46 PM »
Bayonetta 2 was a betrayal to real gamers by Nintendo because they stole Bayonetta 2 from us. /GAF

Offline magicmilner

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2012, 12:41:13 PM »

I happen to be one of those espousing pessimism for the Wii U, lol. Come here expecting a higher level of discussion, don't come expecting complete devotion to Nintendo and everything they release.  ;)

Haha no that's fine it's good to have debate it's just that everywhere else seems to be having the Wii U is old tech convos so it would be nice to have some positive discussion

Offline MrPhishfood

• Score: 28
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2012, 12:44:32 PM »
Yeah boi. People can hate and boycott all they want on the Internet. The Internet where no one can see you buying the very thing you claim to be boycotting.

Offline Caterkiller

• Not too big for Smash Bros. after all
  • Score: 74
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2012, 01:55:44 PM »
You'll get some decent talk from us, but I warn you, this place is not the chat room that GAF is. We just aren't nearly as active as many other boards. I wish those Talk Back only goons would get their butts in here!
Nintendo players and One Piece readers, just better people.

RomanceDawn

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 23, 2012, 03:29:36 PM »
Welcome to our forums! I think we've got a great community here; as has been said we don't always agree, but it's usually a good discussion.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline MysticGohan

• I have a large position in nVidia.
  • Score: 12
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 23, 2012, 04:45:32 PM »
AS one of the oldest members here, I welcome you! Wii U is gonna rock!
Everytime you open your mouth you prove you're an idiot. ~Vegeta

Never argue with an idiot he'll bring you to his level and beat you with experience.

"I'm doing this because I'm PISSED! Why the hell didn't you ask for my help!?!?" `Roy Mustang  FMA

I could go into a Wendy's res

Offline Louieturkey

• Terrifying fantasies
  • Score: -3
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 23, 2012, 10:07:08 PM »
Welcome and glad to have you.  You won't get the hate that you see there.  You will get a few people bitter at Nintendo for ignoring "core" gamers during the Wii generation that are skeptical that the Wii U will be better.  But that's really the closest you get to hate here.

Offline MysticGohan

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 23, 2012, 10:25:32 PM »
Welcome and glad to have you.  You won't get the hate that you see there.  You will get a few people bitter at Nintendo for ignoring "core" gamers during the Wii generation that are skeptical that the Wii U will be better.  But that's really the closest you get to hate here.

Can we even consider that even a remote threat? :p Wii U is gonna be awesome! I got the basic model on pre-order, sadly it was all that was left, but if I can't get the deluxe, it will do. Looking to get NSMBU, Darksiders 2, ME3, Trine 2: Directors cut, AC3, not sure wither or not to get Nintendoland.

Never argue with an idiot he'll bring you to his level and beat you with experience.

"I'm doing this because I'm PISSED! Why the hell didn't you ask for my help!?!?" `Roy Mustang  FMA

Offline S-U-P-E-R

• My Butt is Ready :reggie;
  • Score: -63
    • View Profile
    • oh my god
« Reply #12 on: September 23, 2012, 11:32:07 PM »
Wii U sucks, get out :smug:

Seriously though, I'd like to direct new members to the introduce-yourself thread in the General Chat area. Or go to the Funhouse (the area down near the bottom with the funny rotating names) and just post whatever goofy retarded stuff you like (its the best area).

Don't forget to read the rules and announcements!

Offline MysticGohan

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 24, 2012, 01:13:10 AM »
Wii U sucks, get out :smug:

Seriously though, I'd like to direct new members to the introduce-yourself thread in the General Chat area. Or go to the Funhouse (the area down near the bottom with the funny rotating names) and just post whatever goofy retarded stuff you like (its the best area).

Don't forget to read the rules and announcements!

Hey Ty, what are you doing these days? it's been awhile. Maybe we can hookup over our Wii U's for some chat' n' play

Offline S-U-P-E-R

• View Profile
    • oh my god
« Reply #14 on: September 24, 2012, 02:49:18 AM »
I'm in prison

Mods please move this thread to the funhouse

Offline azeke

• He's ruining Splatfest for the rest of us
  • Score: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 24, 2012, 04:02:57 AM »
I wish i could get a GAf account...
Winners don't hate and W101 rocks

Offline S-U-P-E-R

• View Profile
    • oh my god
« Reply #16 on: September 25, 2012, 08:04:12 AM »
I had a GAF account once, but then I was banned for making a bad video game. Well not really, I think that was Denis Dyack. I just couldn't take hundreds of pages of replies consisting solely of that one laughing emoticon.

Offline Tlon

• Score: -3
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 25, 2012, 09:24:07 AM »
I wish I could cross the border to the Mushroom Kingdom
"hlör u fang axaxaxas mlö"

Offline S-U-P-E-R

• View Profile
    • oh my god
« Reply #18 on: November 06, 2012, 07:45:27 AM »
So MrVargas's only post was a self introduction thread in Nintendo Console Discussion. Good game, scrub