Author Topic: Obscure eShop/DSiWare Game Discussion  (Read 8623 times)

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
Re: Obscure eShop Game Discussion
« Reply #25 on: November 04, 2012, 01:19:30 AM »
This thread isn't just for 3DS specific games; I know I've spent a lot of it talking about DSiWare as well, and I mentioned it in the opening post. I'll change the name of the thread to make sure people know it's perfectly within the bounds of this thread to discuss DSiWare.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline Phil

• Good day, citizens!
  • Score: 51
    • View Profile
    • SuperPhillip Central
Re: Obscure eShop Game Discussion
« Reply #26 on: November 05, 2012, 12:44:57 AM »
It's a DSiWare game, but I honestly enjoyed Kart Krashers. It's not a circuit racing game, but you drive around arenas collecting stars and defeating enemies for points.

I actually enjoyed it a lot too! The story is sort of nonsensical, and the characters are an... eclectic... bunch. But I LOVE the more puzzle-platforming use of the Kart genre, Not just speeding through courses, but exploring the arena, manuevering my kart up ramps and into items or treasure... like I said, the idea of the game reminded me a little of Beetle Adventure Racing...

Oh, yes. Beetle Adventure Racing... The memories come flooding back.
About Kart Krashers, did you have trouble when your kart flipped on its back? I honestly had it where I kept trying to flip over on my wheels for almost fifteen seconds. Meanwhile, missiles are locked on to me! Not so fun.
Switch Friend Code: SW-4962-7799-3963 (Phil)

Offline Kairon

• T_T
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 48
    • View Profile
Re: Obscure eShop/DSiWare Game Discussion
« Reply #27 on: November 05, 2012, 03:17:22 PM »
It's a DSiWare game, but I honestly enjoyed Kart Krashers. It's not a circuit racing game, but you drive around arenas collecting stars and defeating enemies for points.

I actually enjoyed it a lot too! The story is sort of nonsensical, and the characters are an... eclectic... bunch. But I LOVE the more puzzle-platforming use of the Kart genre, Not just speeding through courses, but exploring the arena, manuevering my kart up ramps and into items or treasure... like I said, the idea of the game reminded me a little of Beetle Adventure Racing...

Oh, yes. Beetle Adventure Racing... The memories come flooding back.
About Kart Krashers, did you have trouble when your kart flipped on its back? I honestly had it where I kept trying to flip over on my wheels for almost fifteen seconds. Meanwhile, missiles are locked on to me! Not so fun.

It happened to me once or twice, but it didn't bother me really. I think it feels like 15 seconds but it's really more like 4 in cases where the first flip doesn't succeed.
Carmine Red, Associate Editor

A glooming peace this morning with it brings;
The sun, for sorrow, will not show his head:
Go hence, to have more talk of these sad things;
Some shall be pardon'd, and some punished:
For never was a story of more woe
Than this of Sega and her Mashiro.

Offline negative_zero

• Score: 1
    • View Profile
    • Negative World
« Reply #28 on: November 07, 2012, 01:59:10 AM »
I'm not really sure if these are obscure, but on DSiWare I feel like X-Scape doesn't get enough love, and Pop Island - Paperfield is a great multiplayer game for, I believe it was $2?
Want to let loose your creative side in a Nintendo-related fashion?  Do you like getting involved?  | http://www.negativeworld.org

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 15, 2012, 03:48:38 PM »
I just posted my review of what maybe the worst-named game I've ever seen in Working Dawgs: A-Maze-ing Pipes, but despite that name it's actually a neat little action puzzle game that I'd say is definitely worth the $2.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent