Author Topic: Fire Emblem: Awakening Coming to North America  (Read 10400 times)

Offline Stealth

• Score: -1
    • View Profile
Re: Fire Emblem: Awakening Coming to North America
« Reply #25 on: June 07, 2012, 08:09:55 AM »
They didnt show it because they only showed 2012 games

Offline Chocobo_Rider

• Embrace the status quo.
  • Score: 13
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 07, 2012, 10:02:27 AM »

Only showing games that we'll be playing soon? DOES NOT COMPUTE!  Where is Last Gaurdian Wii U?!

;)

Offline Bman87301

• AtGames Defender
  • Score: -10
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 07, 2012, 10:47:04 AM »
If Reggie "confirmed" it by mistake, should we still consider it an actual confirmation? He was clearly confused, so isn't just as likely that he was just mistaking it for another game?

Granted, since we already know it's being localized for Europe, there shouldn't be any reason not to at least release it here as an eShop exclusive... So common sense may say it will definitely be coming-- but the fact that it was specifically kept off the press kit list could still suggest some uncertainty. With that in mind, I'm baffled how everyone seems to be jumping on this as being an official confirmation, when the context hardly makes it 100% credible. Or am I missing something?

Offline jq1790

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 07, 2012, 11:22:30 AM »
If Reggie "confirmed" it by mistake, should we still consider it an actual confirmation? He was clearly confused, so isn't just as likely that he was just mistaking it for another game?

Granted, since we already know it's being localized for Europe, there shouldn't be any reason not to at least release it here as an eShop exclusive... So common sense may say it will definitely be coming-- but the fact that it was specifically kept off the press kit list could still suggest some uncertainty. With that in mind, I'm baffled how everyone seems to be jumping on this as being an official confirmation, when the context hardly makes it 100% credible. Or am I missing something?
Well, NoA tweeted and announced on Facebook that it's coming, so I'd say that's as official as it gets.

Offline fiendcode

• Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 07, 2012, 12:06:39 PM »
I have a hard time believing NOA only has 3 Mario games and 2 eShop Pokémon games for the rest of 2012 on 3DS.  I mean okay, maybe Fire Emblem is 2013 (perhaps the significant DLC lengthening what should be a shorter localization window) but come on.  Where's Animal Crossing?  Where's Layton?  Where's Flipnote?  Where's Dragon Quest?  Where's anything else new really?  Is Mario & Pokémon really it?!

Offline MegaByte

• NWR Staff... Can't win trivia
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 31337
    • View Profile
    • Konfiskated Teknologies Network
« Reply #30 on: June 07, 2012, 12:09:41 PM »
Right after the Fire Emblem confirmation, somebody asked about Animal Crossing, but then the Fire Emblem thing blew up.

Layton is handled by Level-5 now that they have US offices.
Aaron Kaluszka
Contributing Editor, Nintendo World Report

Offline themaxtr

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 07, 2012, 12:22:47 PM »
im new to fire emblem can anybody recommend a ds fire emblem to get before awakening?

Offline Bman87301

• AtGames Defender
  • Score: -10
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 07, 2012, 02:02:08 PM »

I have a hard time believing NOA only has 3 Mario games and 2 eShop Pokémon games for the rest of 2012 on 3DS.  I mean okay, maybe Fire Emblem is 2013 (perhaps the significant DLC lengthening what should be a shorter localization window) but come on.  Where's Animal Crossing?  Where's Layton?  Where's Flipnote?  Where's Dragon Quest?  Where's anything else new really?  Is Mario & Pokémon really it?!

Well, 2012 is half over already... Think about it, how many Nintendo-published usually come out in during a 6-month period? The number of games shown are more than reasonable. The reason it seems like a lot less is because this year they chose to only focus on games would be out this year. At the last two E3s Nintendo revealed plenty of new 3DS games which were mostly all far off leaving the 3DS with a huge software drought in between. So, they clearly decided to focus this E3 on immediate releases.

Don't forget, we already know Nintendo is planning to have another event where they'll being revealing the price for Wii U. It's a pretty fair assumption that they plan to unveil their more far off titles at that time, since it's not far off anyway.

Offline fiendcode

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 07, 2012, 05:25:23 PM »
Right after the Fire Emblem confirmation, somebody asked about Animal Crossing, but then the Fire Emblem thing blew up.

Layton is handled by Level-5 now that they have US offices.
Level-5's American branch isn't a full publisher and they've been in place nearly a year now. They still work with American publishers, which is why Nintendo published Layton 4 and Bandai is publishing Ninokuni.

NOE already confirmed they're publishing Layton 5 this year, it makes zero sense for NOA not to be doing the same.

Offline fiendcode

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 07, 2012, 05:37:33 PM »

Well, 2012 is half over already... Think about it, how many Nintendo-published usually come out in during a 6-month period? The number of games shown are more than reasonable. The reason it seems like a lot less is because this year they chose to only focus on games would be out this year. At the last two E3s Nintendo revealed plenty of new 3DS games which were mostly all far off leaving the 3DS with a huge software drought in between. So, they clearly decided to focus this E3 on immediate releases.

Don't forget, we already know Nintendo is planning to have another event where they'll being revealing the price for Wii U. It's a pretty fair assumption that they plan to unveil their more far off titles at that time, since it's not far off anyway.

The last time Nintendo had 3 or less retail releases for a system's 2nd half leading up to it's 2nd holiday was Virtual Boy... and that's because they'd already discontinued it. Only 3 games for six months is inexcusable, even Wii last year on it's suppossed death bed had 6 releases in the same span. 

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
  • Score: -1350
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #35 on: June 07, 2012, 05:49:15 PM »
im new to fire emblem can anybody recommend a ds fire emblem to get before awakening?

There are only 2 FE games on DS, Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon and the Japan-only Fire Emblem: Shin Monshou no Nazo Hikari to Kage no Eiyuu. You might want to stick with the one in English.
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20