Author Topic: EA Announces Need for Speed The Run  (Read 1030 times)

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
EA Announces Need for Speed The Run
« on: April 29, 2011, 02:57:45 PM »

Next installment in the racing series to launch in November.

http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/news/26189

A new Need for Speed game is coming this November for Wii and 3DS. Developed by Firebrand Games, who worked on TrackMania Wii and the DS version of Need for Speed: Nitro, Need for Speed The Run features a cross-country race from San Francisco to New York, through a variety of environments.

Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline KITT 10K

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
Re: EA Announces Need for Speed The Run
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2011, 03:41:59 PM »
SWEET!!! I love Need For Speed games! The rock! I hope they'll let you do custom work on each car in the game like what was done in Need For Speed: Undercover, (that one is my favorite to date). The reason for my wanting that is it had a story line to it and I like to try to recreate cars from TV shows and movies, (like KITT and KARR from the 2008 Knight Rider or some of the cars shown in the Fast and Furious movies). I just REALLY hope it's not like Need For Speed: Hot Pursuit, (that game suck ass so much). But anyways, I can't wait for it!

Offline Enner

• My sales numbers, let me show you them
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2011, 05:31:08 PM »
Except for the Wii and DS versions that are being developed by Firebrand, this marks a return for Black Box in making a console entry for Need for Speed. Their last one was Need for Speed: Undercover, iirc. I'm excited for this and I know Black Box can make good games. Here's hoping their time off from console entries in the series will allow them to make a great and crazy game.

In the meanwhile, I have the lovely Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit by Criterion Games to play around some more.

Offline SilverQuilava

• Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2011, 05:16:49 PM »
I'll start paying attention when they mention Criterion Games helped to make it.

Offline Enner

• My sales numbers, let me show you them
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2011, 05:28:10 PM »
That's a possibility. DICE is most certainly chipping in since it's their game engine. Criterion Games might be too busy working on the rumored Burnout Crash to be lending a lot of help to Black Box.