Author Topic: Black Wii Wheel... Sold Separately?  (Read 1452 times)

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 98
    • View Profile
Black Wii Wheel... Sold Separately?
« on: May 12, 2011, 11:53:41 PM »
I've been unable to find anything on any of the other major retail sites with this - the new Black Mario Kart Wii/Wii Bundles come with a black Wii Wheel included.

I've been wondering if they'll be sold separately...  Found this...

http://store.nintendo.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?productId=183710&currency=USD&catalogId=10001&tranId=0&lastAction=setCurr&storeId=10001&languageId=-1&categoryId=&ddkey=http:SetCurrencyPreference

Unfortunately, it won't let me check out - gives me an error when I try to add it to my cart.  Going to call tomorrow and see if I can order one over the phone.

Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
Re: Black Wii Wheel... Sold Separately?
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2011, 05:38:07 PM »
The press release stated all the way on the bottom that the black Wii Wheel will be sold separately:

The new black Wii Wheel will also be available separately at a suggested retail price of $9.99.
http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/news/26225

I'm considering getting one to match my black Wiimotes, even though I have no need for it since I have two (second from ExciteBots).

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2011, 08:11:31 PM »
Hmm... I might wait to find them in stores then, as they're listed at $15 (+shipping) on Nintendo's site.

I did call today and the guy I spoke with was unable to find them in their inventory, but did see where they were on the Webstore - he also got the error when trying to add them to his cart...
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline MegaByte

• NWR Staff... Can't win trivia
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 31337
    • View Profile
    • Konfiskated Teknologies Network
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2011, 08:12:22 PM »
Their entire web store is broken and has been for a while.
Aaron Kaluszka
Contributing Editor, Nintendo World Report

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2011, 08:28:41 PM »
Really?  I ordered some stuff from it just the other day and had no problems...?

Offline MegaByte

• NWR Staff... Can't win trivia
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 31337
    • View Profile
    • Konfiskated Teknologies Network
« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2011, 09:37:33 PM »
Well, obviously the whole thing isn't broken, but there's all sort of things that don't work or redirect to the wrong place since it's based on an older revision of their site.
Aaron Kaluszka
Contributing Editor, Nintendo World Report