Author Topic: Jumping into Uncharted (PS3 - Dual Pack)  (Read 2010 times)

Offline NeoStar9X

• Score: 4
    • View Profile
Jumping into Uncharted (PS3 - Dual Pack)
« on: October 13, 2011, 12:31:35 AM »
The dual pack for Uncharted has been on sale at Best Buy for a week or two I think. It's been going for $25 instead of $40. Same for Resistance (1 and 2 combo).  I picked up the Uncharted combo today. Almost for the hell of it. I had been interested in the game for a while but didn't think I'd like it enough to justify the price. Didn't have it locally for me to rent either. Interested but not enough to go out of my way to play it. For the price I figured why not.

Downloaded the updates and DLC that came with the game. After that I jumped into one multiplayer games. in Uncharted 2. A deathmatch just to see how it was like and if I would get any play out of it. Did horribly. Only two kills the entire match however that one match answered a lot of questions I had about the game. Mainly regarding how it played and how multiplayer would actually work in the game with it being a 3rd person shooter. I really liked how it played based on the little I tried. Easy to get behind cover. Shooting looks like it will take some work. Though not sure if it's all about catching someone from behind or not. How fluid my character moved was nice.

Not sure if I'll get into the multiplayer but it's different from the other shooters I've been playing. Might end up being the change I've been looking for.

I played part Uncharted 1.  At the start of the 2nd chapter. At least that's how I think it's setup. The area right after the beginning mode stage. Okay so far. Doesn't look as good as I expected but Uncharted 1 is several years old now. Uncharted 2 clearly looked better from the multiplayer I played. Looking forward to playing more after work tomorrow.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2011, 12:38:53 AM by NeoStar9X »

Offline kraken613

• tinyurl.com/2lrx46
  • Score: 5
    • View Profile
Re: Jumping into Uncharted (PS3 - Dual Pack)
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2011, 12:50:36 AM »
Play Uncharted 1 its ok and a really good game overall. But your mind will be blown once you get to Uncharted 2.
Uncharted 2>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Uncharted 1
~David~
3DS: 5214-9250-6646 - David
Playing Now: Animal Crossing: New Leaf

Offline Chozo Ghost

• I do want the Wii U to fail.
  • Score: -431
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2011, 01:22:43 AM »
If you intend to get every trophy in Uncharted 1 and Platinum it you should play through it on Hard mode, because only by beating the game in Hard will you unlock Crushing and you need to beat it on Crushing in order to get all the trophies, so don't make the same mistake I made. I beat the game on Regular difficulty, but that doesn't unlock Crushing so now I have to beat it again on Hard and then again on Crushing which means I have to play the game 3 times in order to get everything.... ugh.
is your sanity...

Offline broodwars

• Hunting for a Pineapple Salad
  • Score: -1011
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2011, 01:31:14 AM »
If you intend to get every trophy in Uncharted 1 and Platinum it you should play through it on Hard mode, because only by beating the game in Hard will you unlock Crushing and you need to beat it on Crushing in order to get all the trophies, so don't make the same mistake I made. I beat the game on Regular difficulty, but that doesn't unlock Crushing so now I have to beat it again on Hard and then again on Crushing which means I have to play the game 3 times in order to get everything.... ugh.

On the flipside, Uncharted 1 is not a long game, and if you play through it on a lower difficulty first you can use the cheats you unlock with the treasures on your Hard mode run.  You can't use them on Crushing, though.  Pity.

I recently replayed both Uncharted games as well through the dual pack, and while they certainly held up better than the first 2 Resistance games in their dual pack (seriously, there was a time when anyone thought the first Resistance was a good-looking game?)...I'm still not a fan of the first Uncharted.  There's just too many rooms where you have to defend as wave upon wave of goons swarm at you.  It just gets so tedious and monotonous, especially as you start having to backtrack a lot in the second half of the game.

Uncharted 2, though, is a masterpiece of pacing and action set pieces, so definitely look forward to playing that one.  I have the same problem with the way it's last few chapters play out that I did with the original Uncharted, but I have pretty much no complaints with the rest of the game.
There was a Signature here. It's gone now.

Offline Chozo Ghost

• I do want the Wii U to fail.
  • Score: -431
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2011, 01:53:56 AM »
I wish the dual pack was available before I ended up buying both games separately. Oh well.
is your sanity...