Author Topic: Nintendo to Publish Dragon Quest VI in North America  (Read 1567 times)

Offline NWR_Neal

• NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 27
    • View Profile
Nintendo to Publish Dragon Quest VI in North America
« on: December 20, 2010, 11:50:15 AM »

The game will make its stateside debut this February.

http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/news/24576

Nintendo will publish Dragon Quest VI: Realms of Revelation in North America on February 14.

Originally released on the Super Famicom in 1995, this DS remake marks the first time the game will be released outside of Japan. It is the third in the Zenithia trilogy, which began with Dragon Quest IV and V, both of which had DS remakes in 2008 and 2009 respectively.

The DS release came out in Japan in January 2010, and as of now, no other releases have been announced.

Neal Ronaghan
Director, NWR

"Fungah! Foiled again!"

Offline Retro Deckades

• Score: 8
    • View Profile
Re: Nintendo to Publish Dragon Quest VI in North America
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2010, 12:37:47 PM »
It's great to finally hear some (good) news about this game! Definitely picking this one up to complete my DS-remake trilogy.

Offline Jonnyboy117

• Associate Editor
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 37
    • View Profile
    • Nintendo World Report
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2010, 01:23:23 PM »
Gimme gimme!
THE LAMB IS WATCHING!

Offline Killer_Man_Jaro

• NWR Staff
  • Score: 22
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2010, 03:45:23 PM »
Why would somebody want this if they own Dragon Quest 9? I'm not saying that to be an arse, I'm genuinely intrigued, given that I know nothing about DQ6. What is this game's pull?
Tom Malina
UK Correspondent
-----------------------------
"You'll have to speak up, I'm wearing a towel."

Offline broodwars

• Hunting for a Pineapple Salad
  • Score: -1011
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2010, 03:47:46 PM »
Why would somebody want this if they own Dragon Quest 9? I'm not saying that to be an arse, I'm genuinely intrigued, given that I know nothing about DQ6. What is this game's pull?

To be honest, that's a question you can ask of just about any Dragon Quest game.  The series changes are so glacial in nature that there really doesn't seem to be a substantial difference between them.  The Japanese just love their grinding.
There was a Signature here. It's gone now.

Offline Sundoulos

• My mascot is a type of toxic algae
  • Score: 27
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2010, 04:14:01 PM »
For me, it's mostly a matter of curiosity, as DQ VI is the last of the mainstream DQ games to appear on Western shores.  Like DQ IX, it employs a job/class system, but unlike DQ IX, it does have established characters.  The latter of these facts lets me know that I'll probably enjoy it more.   

I would never recommend that play more than one DQ game in quick succession, but I've never found myself getting bored with any of the DS entries.  IV, V and IX have a lot of similarities, yes, but the structure differences are subtle enough that I would hesitate to dismiss them all as being iterations of the same game.
"A creature revolting against a creator is revolting against the source of his own powers--including even his power to revolt...It is like the scent of a flower trying to destroy the flower." - C.S. Lewis, in a preface to Milton's Paradise Lost

Offline Shaymin

• Not my circus, not my monkeys
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 71
    • View Profile
    • You're on it
« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2010, 11:59:08 PM »

Slime Curling. 'nuff said.
Donald Theriault - News Editor, Nintendo World Report / 2016 Nintendo World Champion
Tutorial box out.