Author Topic: Steve Wiebe regains Donkey Kong World Record!  (Read 2425 times)

Offline mudjah

• Score: -1
    • View Profile
Steve Wiebe regains Donkey Kong World Record!
« on: September 21, 2010, 11:56:33 AM »
Check out this good news!

Steve is totally worth holding this title, we all thinks after seeing that movie.

news at twin galaxies:
http://www.twingalaxies.com/index.aspx?c=19&id=2264
3ds Code: 3566-1652-1241
Psn id: jbz-1973

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
  • Score: -1350
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
Re: Steve Wiebe regains Donkey Kong World Record!
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2010, 01:10:40 PM »
I wouldn't call it good news, the game comes of as a douche to me. That movie was terrible because the producers delibritely made Billy Mitchell look like a bad guy. So maybe it's just the producers that make Wiebe look that way.

As for the record, after Mitchell got back the record he immediatly ended the game rather than run up the score even higher. I think Mitchell can get it back if he wants to.
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20

Offline Halbred

• Staff Paleontologist, Ruiner of Worlds
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 17
    • View Profile
    • When Pigs Fly Returns
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2010, 01:13:13 PM »
Isn't there a theoretical limit for how high your score can go before the game hits the kill screen?
This would be my PSN Trophy Card, but I guess I can't post HTML in my Signature. I'm the pixel spaceship, and I have nine Gold trophies.

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2010, 01:16:32 PM »
No (at least I haven't ever seen that mentioned), the only thing i've seen is that it kills you when you reach level 22. Theoretically you could just stay on the earlier levels though and boost your score.
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20

Offline Morari

• 46 DC EA D3 17 FE 45 D8 09 23 EB 97 E4 95 64 10 D4 CD B2 C2
  • Score: -7237
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2010, 01:46:46 PM »
I wouldn't call it good news, the game comes of as a douche to me. That movie was terrible because the producers delibritely made Billy Mitchell look like a bad guy. So maybe it's just the producers that make Wiebe look that way.

As for the record, after Mitchell got back the record he immediatly ended the game rather than run up the score even higher. I think Mitchell can get it back if he wants to.

Agreed.

Maybe now Wiebe can spend some time with his kids instead of striving for some pointless high score.
"This post has been censored for your protection."

--Bureau of Internet Morality

Offline greybrick

• Up the Irons!
  • Score: 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2010, 10:54:14 PM »
Isn't there a theoretical limit for how high your score can go before the game hits the kill screen?

Yes, oddly enough it uses the same algorithm that predicts the theoretical limit of music games on DSiWare. You just have to substitute instruments with barrels.
Bless you, my child.
Please turn the power OFF.

And Jonny, you don't ride the giant Cheep-Cheep

Offline jrlibrarian

• Small Staff
  • Score: 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2010, 11:44:45 PM »
Does that also apply to notebook games?

Also, I've met Steve, since he teaches Junior High about five miles from where I live. He's a really great guy. Although the movie did make Billy look like a bad guy, I still enjoy the film as a whole.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2010, 11:47:04 PM by jrlibrarian »
I am a leaf on the wind, watch how I soar.

Offline Dirk Temporo

• Score: -1
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2010, 03:54:54 AM »

The director of the movie said he had to cut the film specifically to make Billy Mitchell look like LESS of a douchebag.
"You've had your dream old man. It's time to wake up!"
-Travis Touchdown

Offline S-U-P-E-R

• My Butt is Ready :reggie;
  • Score: -63
    • View Profile
    • oh my god
« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2010, 07:07:05 AM »
The director of the movie said he had to cut the film specifically to make Billy Mitchell look like LESS of a douchebag.

Haha. Link?

Also, I don't think there's anything better than an endless back-and-forth tussle.

Or maybe Chien will snag it again :faust:

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #9 on: September 22, 2010, 11:11:35 AM »

He's never seemed like a douche in any interviews i've seen, and I have never heard anything bad from someone who has actually met him. The producers just knew that no one would care about the film if Wiebe was trying to break the record held by a nice guy.