Author Topic: Capcom May Not Have 3DS Launch Titles  (Read 1433 times)

Offline NWR_Karlie

• twitter.com/JonLindemann
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 30
    • View Profile
Capcom May Not Have 3DS Launch Titles
« on: August 04, 2010, 01:57:14 AM »

3DS games are not part of projections for the current fiscal year.

http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/news/23812

At a Q&A session during Capcom's recent investors briefing, Nintendo 3DS was one of the major subjects. When asked whether 3DS games were part of their projected sales and profits for the fiscal year ending 31 March 2011, the response was that the two games announced at E3, Resident Evil Revelations and Super Street Fighter IV 3D Edition, are not included in the figures.

This means that currently, 3DS games may not be part of Capcom's releases for the fiscal year, and it is possible that Capcom will not have any launch titles for the system. They went on to say that the timing of 3DS releases is yet to be determined.

In addition, Capcom's reps responded about 3DS development costs with the answer that the "MT Framework", their internally developed engine, can used to share basic development processes so extreme cost increases are not expected.

Offline Retro Deckades

• Score: 8
    • View Profile
Re: Capcom May Not Have 3DS Launch Titles
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2010, 01:30:09 PM »
I can't imagine that their shareholders are too happy to hear this. Capcom sort of dropped the ball last year, didn't they?

Offline balzzzy

• Score: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2010, 04:23:08 AM »
I can't imagine that their shareholders are too happy to hear this. Capcom sort of dropped the ball last year, didn't they?

It's true. With their profits down 90% from last year (from $25.3 Million to $2.4 million) it's hard to image that they will have time to focus on 3DS titles in time for "sometime before 31 March 2011". Dead Rising 2 around the corner.
"Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music."
- Kristian Wilson, Nintendo Inc. 1989

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2010, 04:28:08 AM »
Monster Hunter 3DS seems like a no-brainer. It'd make enough money for Capcom (and Nintendo) to singlehandedly bring Japan out of a recession.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline Peachylala

• Bunk Pass Itch
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2010, 12:44:42 AM »
Mostly due to the iffy quality of their games. Keyword 'iffy'.
Peachy got himself a 360 Slim. ...Yahoo?