Author Topic: Walmart Lineups  (Read 3830 times)

Offline Nick DiMola

• Staff Alumnus
  • Score: 20
    • View Profile
    • PixlBit
Walmart Lineups
« on: November 14, 2006, 12:44:43 PM »
I was over at Walmart to pick up some groceries for dinner at around 4 pm and I noticed some people around the videogame section in chairs. It appears 56 hours before the PS3 is supposed to launch people have already started waiting. I'm wondering what this means for the Wii launch. Am I going to have to line up this early?

As the day gets closer I keep getting more and more worried about actually finding one on launch day. I really don't want to wait any longer than I have to.
Check out PixlBit!

Offline Donutt007

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
RE: Walmart Lineups
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2006, 12:55:33 PM »
If you want one on launch day, you might want to line-up. Although Wii is looking to have much better numbers than the PS3, so you might be able to get a Wii day one without waiting in a long line...other than that, I'd talk to the store, ask when they're getting more and call some other places. You'll probably have no problem picking one up through the week as a lot of people will wait for black friday specials....which I really doubt they'll have any special on Wii or PS3

Offline The Omen

• Forum Fascist
    • View Profile
RE:Walmart Lineups
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2006, 01:31:27 PM »
You have plenty of Wii to go around...I mean there's no way half of those PS3 nerds will get a PS3.  I would go a few hours before hand and you probably will get your Wii.
"If a man comes to the door of poetry untouched by the madness of the muses, believing that technique alone will make him a great poet, he and his sane compositions never reach perfection, but are utterly eclipsed by the inspired madman." Socrates

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
    • View Profile
RE:Walmart Lineups
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2006, 01:52:56 PM »
You would think there be plenty to go around but as can be read elsewhere some stores that sell games and systems won't be getting any Wiis.

I'm lining up after Saturday morning Cartoons and spending the day doing Matrix Algebra while waiting for the Wii.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline Caterkiller

• Not too big for Smash Bros. after all
  • Score: 74
    • View Profile
Re: Walmart Lineups
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2010, 03:01:24 AM »
It because they have limited Wii at that time. If you prepare to shop online in Walmart, the shipping is definitely takes time. So I think it is better to line-up.

Your just joking right? Right?!?!?!?!
Nintendo players and One Piece readers, just better people.

RomanceDawn

Offline Crimm

• Get your unfiltered Bowsette here!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 1147
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2010, 03:58:19 AM »
Why are there two walmart threads bumped to the first page? Two very out of date walmart threads.
James Jones
Mondo Editor
Nintendo World Report

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
  • Score: 10131
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2010, 09:17:01 AM »
I suspect UncleBob is behind this.
I think it says on the box, 'No Hispanics' " - Jeff Green of EA

Offline Pale

• Staff Layton Hat Thief
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
    • PaleHour
« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2010, 10:09:15 AM »
Banning that dude. Frankenbumping with an obvious 'ad' site in his signature.
:: I was an active staffer forever ago, or was it yesterday. Time is an anomaly. Father of two boys.
---------------------
:: Grouvee :: Instagram

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 98
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 21, 2010, 10:17:09 AM »
It wasn't me, I swear!
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline Crimm

• NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 21, 2010, 10:22:11 AM »
I couldn't see the ad sig, no sigs on the mobile view.
James Jones
Mondo Editor
Nintendo World Report

Offline Morari

• 46 DC EA D3 17 FE 45 D8 09 23 EB 97 E4 95 64 10 D4 CD B2 C2
  • Score: -7237
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 21, 2010, 10:28:14 AM »
Always low prices, ALWAYS!!!

BUMP!!!
"This post has been censored for your protection."

--Bureau of Internet Morality

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
  • Score: -1350
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #11 on: July 21, 2010, 01:18:02 PM »
I remember all those people (including some staff members here) saying you would be able to go into the store at 2PM on launch day and get a Wii, the Wii shortages were still happening over a year later and stores had to actually put up signs saying that they did not have any Wii's in stock.
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20

Offline Crimm

• NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 21, 2010, 02:53:04 PM »
"THERE'S A MILLION OF THEM!"
~RFN

Yeah. I reserved that. Strolled into GameStop (Software Etc.) at the time at 1 PM, bought it, walked out. 5 minutes tops.

Yeah I had to wait for an hour for the store to open, on a day I had no classes. However, it was inside a mall and once I had reserved it I went back home (around 10:30 if I recall) and resumed my sleeping secure in the knowledge that I would one day get to say "Yeah, **** you Obi!"

And I did, RFN 100. Also make occasionally allusions, usually to Greg's amusement. I believe I made one in the las episode.
James Jones
Mondo Editor
Nintendo World Report

Offline Chozo Ghost

• I do want the Wii U to fail.
  • Score: -431
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 25, 2010, 08:50:14 AM »
Why are there two walmart threads bumped to the first page? Two very out of date walmart threads.

No kidding. The last post before the bump was from 2006. That was 4 years ago!
is your sanity...