Author Topic: Heavy Rain  (Read 18979 times)

Offline Peachylala

• Bunk Pass Itch
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
Re: Heavy Rain
« Reply #75 on: March 21, 2010, 07:24:24 PM »
Sounds like they had Sonic Team make the game.
Peachy got himself a 360 Slim. ...Yahoo?

Offline broodwars

• Hunting for a Pineapple Salad
  • Score: -1011
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: March 21, 2010, 07:46:22 PM »
BTW, re: online patching -- I don't have the PS3 hooked up to the internet, so I played through it without them, so it's possible, but... it's really buggy.

In certain circumstances the games it will fade to black after a scene (like normal) -- but never actually loads the next scene; it just stops, and that's it, you need to quit and restart from the previous checkpoint.

Sometimes certain controls just stop working.   E.g., in the train station, all you have to do at first is walk across the room, but when I first tried it, the movement controls had absolutely no effect; I initially thought this was some sort of clever way of showing how scared your character is, but I eventually realized that "oh, it's just a bug".  Restarting and trying again fixed the problem.  Another time I had completed one of the "tasks", and was sitting upside down in a burning car, and the game was prompting me with (essentially)  "press X to pick up your prize" -- but the X button didn't work, no matter how often I pressed it!  So eventually I just gave up and failed that task. :(

Well, I've certainly run into audio bugs (where the sound just cuts out for a fraction of a second, usually after starting up a chapter from the menu), but nothing worse than that.  As for your problem with the first trial, are you sure you just weren't pressing the button right?  If I remember correctly, that's one of those "Hold the buttons" sequences, so if you kept just hitting the button it wouldn't work.
There was a Signature here. It's gone now.

Offline mac<censored>

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: March 21, 2010, 11:45:30 PM »
As for your problem with the first trial, are you sure you just weren't pressing the button right?  If I remember correctly, that's one of those "Hold the buttons" sequences, so if you kept just hitting the button it wouldn't work.

Yup, I'm pretty sure it was a bug and not my problem.  Although it was a tense moment, there was enough time to experiment and retry quite a few times, and by then I was familiar with the controls and on-screen prompting; nothing worked, there was not even the usual on-screen feedback.  Given that similar things happened others times where was incredibly obvious it was a bug (e.g., in the train station, where the movement controls completely failed to work -- until I restarted, whereupon they worked normally), it seems reasonably clear that the game is just buggy.

Note that my PS3 is not online, so Heavy Rain was running completely unpatched.