Author Topic: Radio Free Nintendo: Episode 173  (Read 10724 times)

Offline vudu

• You'd probably all be better off if I really were dead.
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: -19
    • View Profile
Re: Radio Free Nintendo: Episode 173
« Reply #25 on: December 10, 2009, 02:02:22 PM »
YOU FORGOT RADIO TRIVIA, JERK.
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 10, 2009, 06:28:23 PM »
Maybe if somebody played RAD Racer music then maybe I would. Maybe.

did TYP play it and I missed it?

Offline vudu

• You'd probably all be better off if I really were dead.
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: -19
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 10, 2009, 07:58:20 PM »
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!

Offline yoshi1001

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
    • PIRN-Pokemon Radio
« Reply #28 on: December 10, 2009, 08:33:22 PM »
Maybe if somebody played RAD Racer music then maybe I would. Maybe.

did TYP play it and I missed it?

Earlier this year. It's so bad.
For Pokemon news and interviews, check us out at:

http://pokepress.blogspot.com/

Offline jrlibrarian

• Small Staff
  • Score: 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 10, 2009, 11:11:38 PM »
Great show as always guys.

It was nice to hear Chris again, and the retro game collecting segment was very interesting.

Your Pokemon section propelled me towards one goal by next September (PAX Seattle). My goal is to compete in the Pokemon Tournament and actually do well. Some of my friends and my brother own copies, so I've started transferring everything to my game, and I'll rent HG/SS from Gamefly and do the same thing. Are you guys still planning to do a panel at my PAX? It would be great if your panel, this tournament, and the Jonathan Coulton concert were all on the same day.
I am a leaf on the wind, watch how I soar.

Offline Jonnyboy117

• Associate Editor
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 37
    • View Profile
    • Nintendo World Report
« Reply #30 on: December 11, 2009, 08:59:10 PM »
On that day, you shall become... "srlibrarian".
THE LAMB IS WATCHING!

Offline adadad

• Score: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 13, 2009, 01:27:52 PM »
I think there's a distinction to be made between withdrawing from games entirely and withdrawing from modern gaming culture. Right now I'm in a period where aside from listening to podcasts such as RFN I have no particular interest in keeping my finger on the pulse of current game releases. Currently I devote my gaming time pretty exclusively to the N64; Mario Kart 64, Goldeneye, Mischief Makers and Rayman 2 recently. There just isn't enough time to keep up with the culture, and more importantly, to spend adequate time with the games themselves.

Despite having put in literally hundreds of hours with Goldeneye, both when I was young and now, I have never mastered the single player missions, so it's my aim to complete them all in their ball-wrenchingly hard 00 Agent form. The dedication required to accomplish this pretty much excludes any lengthy or dedicated games from my roster, but I'm greatly enjoying this approach - playing like a poor wretched child who can only afford one new game per year. It makes for a refreshing change!

Offline NWR_Lindy

• Famous Rapper
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 14
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 16, 2009, 07:59:23 AM »
I find that the rapid rate at which great games are being released makes it impossible for me to keep up.  I'm becoming less and less interested in new releases as a result.  It's a kind of paradigm shift for my gaming habits, really.

I always try to keep my new business to Nintendo stuff, but lately there hasn't been much NEW stuff I've been playing on Nintendo platforms.  Even Virtual Console has dried up, until this week.
Jon Lindemann
Contributing Editor, Nintendo World Report

My Game Backlog

Offline NWR_DrewMG

• NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 19
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 16, 2009, 09:21:57 AM »
I've been playing Majora's Mask this week like crazy.  I think I put about 7 hours into it last Saturday while my wife was studying for a final.  I'd forgotten how great that game is.

Aside, and a few DS games I'm playing for review, I'm actually kind of surprising myself with how much more my Wii has been played recently than my 360.  I did play through Arkham Asylum (more like AWESOME asylum) and I still play NCAA 10 pretty frequently, but really that's about it on my 360.  I've got a pretty thick stack of Wii games I've been playing through including but not limited to A Boy & His Blob, Deadly Creatures, Little King's Story, HotD: Overkill, Wii Sports Resort, and Punch Out!!. 

I do want to play through Assassin's Creed 2, but not until I finish the first one.

The HD game I want to play the most right now is on PS3 (Uncharted 2), and I won't be buying one of those for awhile.
Your conversational partner has disconnected.

Offline Jonnyboy117

• Associate Editor
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 37
    • View Profile
    • Nintendo World Report
« Reply #34 on: December 18, 2009, 03:40:46 PM »
The main reason I have been playing so many games, including new releases across several platforms, is that I listen to so many gaming podcasts! My "queue" of games, just like movies on Netflix, grows faster than I can churn through it.
THE LAMB IS WATCHING!

Offline Halbred

• Staff Paleontologist, Ruiner of Worlds
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 17
    • View Profile
    • When Pigs Fly Returns
« Reply #35 on: December 18, 2009, 04:00:34 PM »
You know, I hate 1000 Wii Points sitting there after I got NyxQuest, and last night I got Star Fox 64 after hearing Jonny recommend it on an older episode of Radio Trivia Podcast. And hell yeah, it's fun. I don't really care for the dogfight missions, though. I've always had trouble with the Fortuna Star Wolf fight.

So what did I do? I just rescue Falco on Cornett and then head to the Y Nebula.
This would be my PSN Trophy Card, but I guess I can't post HTML in my Signature. I'm the pixel spaceship, and I have nine Gold trophies.

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 19, 2009, 05:02:39 AM »
I find that the rapid rate at which great games are being released makes it impossible for me to keep up.

CASUAL GAMER!

Offline noname2200

• Not a douche. Seriously.
  • Score: 21
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 19, 2009, 01:18:32 PM »
You know, I hate 1000 Wii Points sitting there after I got NyxQuest, and last night I got Star Fox 64 after hearing Jonny recommend it on an older episode of Radio Trivia Podcast. And hell yeah, it's fun. I don't really care for the dogfight missions, though.
I agree wholehearedly. It's a great game, but the rails portions are much tighter, and therefore more fun, than the free-roaming sections. The only time I cared for the latter was during the Independence Day level, and even that one doesn't measure up to the on-rails levels.

Offline kraken613

• tinyurl.com/2lrx46
  • Score: 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 19, 2009, 08:29:12 PM »
I sunk SO many hours into the multiplayer dogfighting in Star Fox 64.
~David~
3DS: 5214-9250-6646 - David
Playing Now: Animal Crossing: New Leaf

Offline NWR_Lindy

• Famous Rapper
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 14
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 19, 2009, 10:39:25 PM »
Jon Lindemann
Contributing Editor, Nintendo World Report

My Game Backlog

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 20, 2009, 07:41:27 PM »
I find that the rapid rate at which great games are being released makes it impossible for me to keep up.  I'm becoming less and less interested in new releases as a result.  It's a kind of paradigm shift for my gaming habits, really.

I understand this. I keep getting more and more games I have not even booted up once and it's gotten to the point I don't even want to buy new games because of my untouched backlog. And when I actually find an evening/morning/day/moment to play something I just can't motivate myself to do it because I'm afraid I don't have the time to sink into some of these quality games.
I tend to prefer opening up my DS to play New Super Mario Brothers or one of the GBA Fire Emblem games than boot up my Wii.

I have not even booted up RE4, Muramasa and Prime Trilogy and I've only played a number of other games just a few short times.
It may be that I'm in a different life-stage where videogames are playing more of a small roll. Perhaps I just need to stop working 6-7 days a week and enjoy life.

My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline D_Average

• Score: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 20, 2009, 08:33:51 PM »
I realized last month I've bought over 100 games in the last two years.  I thought it was around 50.  So I've tried to slow down as well.  Obviously theres a large stack I still need to finish, so I'm trying to concentrate on those for now.  Just gonna buy MX vs ATV Reflex this holiday as I'm a sucker for those games.  I'll gonna try to wait for Spring for the newer releases to really drop.
Don't hate me, hate the money I see, clothes that I buy
Ice that I wear, clothes that I try....