Author Topic: Oh, GameStop. You do make me laugh.  (Read 14700 times)

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
Re: Oh, GameStop. You do make me laugh.
« Reply #50 on: December 30, 2009, 11:54:57 AM »
Perhaps its the prerogative of the manufacturer to decide just what the final retail product is, even if it's less than what they could do.

And it's the prerogative of the customer to give them the middle finger.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 410
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: December 30, 2009, 12:37:42 PM »
Exactly. You don't like, don't buy it.
Still want or need it, find something similar from someone else.

Don't like that either, then go make your own.
or go online and bitch about it but buy it anyway.

Ultimately down the line, realize that what you were complaining about wasn't that big of a deal but it might have been nice to have.

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: December 30, 2009, 02:53:57 PM »
Or maybe it was a big deal and the company died a few years later...

Offline noname2200

• Not a douche. Seriously.
  • Score: 21
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: December 30, 2009, 10:16:50 PM »
Of course, there's an unspoken assumption here that everything a company has developed by launch date, they should give you on the disc. It sounds nice, but is there any real basis to this belief? Perhaps its the prerogative of the manufacturer to decide just what the final retail product is, even if it's less than what they could do.

It is certainly the publisher's decision as to what content goes on the disc, and which is held back for the chance to charge an extra fee. By the same token, though, it's our perogative as consumers to reject that model and feel ripped off when they decide a certain way!  ;D

Seriously though, the whole Warden's Keep thing is the only reason I haven't purchased Dragon Age, and likely won't until it hits $20. Even then, I'm tempted to simply pirate the DLC,* as that's the only way to get a friggin' storage chest!

*I'm not actually going to pirate it.

Offline Ymeegod

• Score: -16
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: January 03, 2010, 09:03:48 AM »
"friggin' storage chest!"

Yeah, tell me about it--couldn't figure out of the life of me why it didn't have one since crafting items required you to store mulitple gems at any given times, hell I beat it prior to checking for DLC and like most felt a bit cheated since this was clearly left out to make you BUY it.

Most DLC is an addon which I don't mind paying for but when the developers initally screw the game just for the extra $$ then that's just down right foul. 

Offline NinGurl69 *huggles

• HI I'M CRAZY
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #55 on: January 17, 2010, 06:10:09 PM »
The next time I go into GameStop will be my pickup of No More Heroes 2.

I will show no fear, no mercy.
:: Six Sided Video .com ~ Pietriots.com ::
PRO IS SERIOUS. GET SERIOUS.

Offline EasyCure

• wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle, yeah!
  • Score: 75
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: January 17, 2010, 07:12:05 PM »

Yeah i've been realizing that I might just have to show my face at one next week. I should show up looking as "casual" gamer as possible just to spite them.
February 07, 2003, 02:35:52 PM
EASYCURE: I remember thinking(don't ask me why) this was a blond haired, blue eyed, chiseled athlete. Like he looked like Seigfried before he became Nightmare.

• HI I'M CRAZY
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #57 on: January 17, 2010, 07:14:38 PM »
Hey, that's a good idea.  Too bad I can't pull off that act at this store.

Offline EasyCure

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: January 17, 2010, 07:19:43 PM »

Drive around the corner, go to the one you don't frequent.

Personally, I was thinking of going in suit/tie with a bluetooth earpeice on, blab about mergers and stocks, etc, and walk up to the counter completely ignoring the nerds standing in line waiting to put a deposit down on some pre-order and ask for assistance.

How do i describe NMH in such a way where they won't recognize it and instead try to sell me Puppy Party 10 instead?
EASYCURE: I remember thinking(don't ask me why) this was a blond haired, blue eyed, chiseled athlete. Like he looked like Seigfried before he became Nightmare.

• HI I'M CRAZY
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #59 on: January 17, 2010, 07:46:39 PM »
Well I think you have to be a little indecisive and give the impression that you also have children who love "The Wii Sports" and "The Wii Fit" (emphasis on The).

As for NMH, it's "like that one game where you get to swing a sword, but you don't swing all the time, and you do other stuff like ride around the world where the female characters tell you what to do..."

Offline EasyCure

• View Profile
« Reply #60 on: January 17, 2010, 07:56:39 PM »
Well I think you have to be a little indecisive and give the impression that you also have children who love "The Wii Sports" and "The Wii Fit" (emphasis on The).

As for NMH, it's "like that one game where you get to swing a sword, but you don't swing all the time, and you do other stuff like ride around the world where the female characters tell you what to do..."

I've got it! I'll make them think i'm looking for WiiSports Resort when i mentioned swinging a sword and riding a bike!

Offline noname2200

• Not a douche. Seriously.
  • Score: 21
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: January 18, 2010, 03:15:56 PM »

Personally, I was thinking of going in suit/tie with a bluetooth earpeice on, blab about mergers and stocks, etc, and walk up to the counter completely ignoring the nerds standing in line waiting to put a deposit down on some pre-order and ask for assistance.

True and funny story:

I usually go to a Gamestop only on weekends, since Fry's is near my workplace. One time though I'd just gotten out of a hearing, so I was still in my suit and tie. I went to pick up Little King's Story at Gamestop. I have never been treated with so much respect by Gamestop employees in my life. One of them actually opened up the second register just to take care of me, and all three of them actually feigned interest in the title when they saw that I'd preordered it, kiddy cover and all.  ;D

Long story short: do it! Just don't overdo it: skip the part about the cell phone, and instead just walk straight up to the counter, stare the employees straight in the eye, and speak in a clipped tone of voice. Make sure to keep a straight face!

Offline UltimatePartyBear

• Voice of Reason
  • Score: 35
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: January 18, 2010, 04:41:49 PM »
Have an accomplice in the store with a hidden camera, too.

Offline EasyCure

• View Profile
« Reply #63 on: January 18, 2010, 06:27:22 PM »

True and funny story:

I usually go to a Gamestop only on weekends, since Fry's is near my workplace. One time though I'd just gotten out of a hearing, so I was still in my suit and tie. I went to pick up Little King's Story at Gamestop. I have never been treated with so much respect by Gamestop employees in my life. One of them actually opened up the second register just to take care of me, and all three of them actually feigned interest in the title when they saw that I'd preordered it, kiddy cover and all.  ;D

Long story short: do it! Just don't overdo it: skip the part about the cell phone, and instead just walk straight up to the counter, stare the employees straight in the eye, and speak in a clipped tone of voice. Make sure to keep a straight face!

That'll be easy, i'm good at making believe (hence why i like my video games to be more fantasy than reality)

Have an accomplice in the store with a hidden camera, too.

That might be a little harder, to do in such away where its not obvious. Besides, i'd then have to go back to the same gamestop wearing a "gamer" disguise and try to get them to talk me into preording _(insert xbox 360 title here)_ and maybe get into an argument over why i'm looking for a nintendo game anyway

GS Employee: "dude, do yourself a favor; just put a preorder in for NMH: Heroes Paradise instead of buying this crap. That games gonna kick ass cuz you don't have to wave your arms around anymore, plus you know they're already porting the sequel over since its garaunteed to sell like 5mil"

Me: (laughs)

Offline vudu

• You'd probably all be better off if I really were dead.
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: -19
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: January 19, 2010, 01:58:59 PM »

I hope you preordered.
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!

Offline EasyCure

• View Profile
« Reply #65 on: January 19, 2010, 07:20:13 PM »

I hope you preordered.

*gulp*

Bestbuys got my back?