Author Topic: TheCoverProject.net: Part III  (Read 3320 times)

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 98
    • View Profile
TheCoverProject.net: Part III
« on: October 03, 2009, 08:45:39 PM »
I've mentioned before my love for TheCoverProject.net and the services provided there by the kind, hardworking cover guru's and such.

And a YouTube video of them, a little closer...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nRRletM7EU4

Now, pick apart my games asking "You don't have XXX?!?!? What's wrong with you!"
« Last Edit: October 03, 2009, 08:55:54 PM by UncleBob »
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline BeautifulShy

• Shifting my body across the galaxy
  • Score: 79
    • View Profile
    • My streaming page.
Re: TheCoverProject.net: Part III
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2009, 09:24:36 PM »
Nice collection UncleBob! You and Mop_it_up should meet up and play each others games.

Does anybody else has a collection of games for one peticular system?
Maxi is dead. I killed him and took his posts and changed genders.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Quote by Khushrenada in Safe Words 15.
I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline that Baby guy

• He's a real Ei-Ei-Poo!
  • Score: 379
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2009, 09:30:29 PM »
Needs moar faceball.

Seriously, I had to sit there and think about what that was you had there several times.

The only thing I'm confused about is all the Game Boy game cases in the top picture.  Do you still use those at all?

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2009, 09:43:31 PM »
The games stacked up on the top are games that haven't had covers uploaded on TheCoverProject.net yet. :(
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2009, 10:32:40 PM »
Why do you have 13 copies of Faceball 2000? Are they not worth anything?

So are you a contributor to The Cover Project? That website came in real handy when I was compiling a list of every Nintendo 64 game released in North America which uses the Rumble Pak. All I had to do was look at the box shots and see if the Rumble Pak icon was shown on them.

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2009, 10:54:24 PM »
Actually, I have 17 copies of FaceBall 2000.  And they're worth $Awesome.FuckYeah. :)

I don't really contribute that much to TCP.  I'm more of a mooch.  I like to give moral support to some of the cover artists there, though.  I've been around the site for so long that SnowCone (the dude who runs it) mistakenly thought I was an admin this morning. ;)

Offline that Baby guy

• He's a real Ei-Ei-Poo!
  • Score: 379
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2009, 11:10:27 PM »
Mop_it_up needs to read the Faceball 2000 multiplayer thread.  Where's vudu when you need him?

UncleBob figured out how to play the 16 player version of Faceball 2000 a little over a year ago, I believe.  He used GBA cables to substitute for those four-player link boxes Nintendo never released (or released in limited quantities,) IIRC.  The end result was something never done before, not even by the game's developers.  Pretty amazing project he had going on there, though I might be getting the details hazy.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2009, 11:16:20 PM »
So he owns all of those copies just to play multiplayer? That's dedication. I believe the 4-player cables were released with a game called F1-Race or something, but few were produced. How can you get 15 GBA cables connected and working with an original Game Boy?

Also, am I to understand that you, UncleBob, use The Cober Project to print out scans of the boxes and create your own covers for games? So you don't actually have 13 complete copies of FaceBall 2000?

I know Faceball 2000 is awesome but I don't think it has any monetary value. It's a shame, that.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 410
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 03, 2009, 11:20:23 PM »
Mop_it_up needs to read the Faceball 2000 multiplayer thread.  Where's vudu when you need him?

UncleBob figured out how to play the 16 player version of Faceball 2000 a little over a year ago, I believe.  He used GBA cables to substitute for those four-player link boxes Nintendo never released (or released in limited quantities,) IIRC.  The end result was something never done before, not even by the game's developers.  Pretty amazing project he had going on there, though I might be getting the details hazy.

Maybe you should re - visit the thread, so to ensure you have the right to the details of your God.

However, I first visited the significance of this for a long time thecoverproject.net made veysports race, but I have never come across a cheap white divide in the game. We are just how to find 1 case, because I only have one game, need it.

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 03, 2009, 11:51:55 PM »
You Nintendo' From only there is a possibility of living one white Wii game box; s on-line shops for $1.50 + $2 S/H. (store.nintendo.com). In compliance with me inside this of you called and the gong gong puts, them the shipping expenses will renounce bet.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 410
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 04, 2009, 12:04:05 AM »
Thanx, I'll check on that.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 04, 2009, 02:17:57 AM »
Why do I get the feeling that there is something sinister going on in this thread?

Offline Halbred

• Staff Paleontologist, Ruiner of Worlds
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 17
    • View Profile
    • When Pigs Fly Returns
« Reply #12 on: November 05, 2009, 04:49:31 PM »
Yeah, I love the Cover Project. I've gotten a lot of GBA covers from there. After getting Midway Arcade Treasures 2, I ran over there hoping for a PS2-sized cover for Primal Rage, but there was nothing.
This would be my PSN Trophy Card, but I guess I can't post HTML in my Signature. I'm the pixel spaceship, and I have nine Gold trophies.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 05, 2009, 05:24:27 PM »
Yeah, the 4-player adapter came with F1 Race. I have them. Never got to use it, though. Not enough friends with Gameboys and the same game :/
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast