Author Topic: New Nintendo Dot Com poll - Fire Emblem  (Read 4571 times)

Offline WindyMan

• It was the dog.
  • Score: 5
    • View Profile
    • WindyMan's Roller Derby Notes
New Nintendo Dot Com poll - Fire Emblem
« on: February 04, 2003, 07:50:55 PM »
http://www.nintendo.com/

What Japanese game would you most like to see available in the U.S.?
- Nintendo Puzzle Collection
- GIFTPIA
- Fire Emblem
- Legend of Stafi

Fire Emblem is abolutely crushing the rest of them.  Makes you wonder why Nintendo doesn't think twice about bringing its premiere RPG series to North America.  What are your thoughts?  
Steven "WindyMan" Rodriguez
Washed-up Former NWR Director

Respect the power of the wind.

Offline Perfect Cell

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2003, 07:56:28 PM »
Its pretty obvious, with Roy and Marth in SSBM Fire Emblem already has some name recognition, i dont even know what leggend of stafi is, Puzzle collection and Giftopia dont interest me so i voted Fire emblem Why dont they bring it stateside? I have no idea, they brought Advanced Wars didnt they????  

Offline JSR

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2003, 08:00:28 PM »
I’d like to see them all! But Fire Emblem is the one I want the most. Maybe Nintendo will finally bring it to America!  

EDIT: Just voted for Fire Emblem.  
It's Random and It's Nintendo - Random Nintendo

Offline "Sky"

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2003, 08:02:41 PM »
Well... seeing that Fire Emblem is slaughtering the other three... can you guys vote for Giftpia just so it beats out puzzle collection? Pweeese?

But I do want Fire Emblem the most out of those 4 of course

Remember that Marth and Roy gained a cult following thanks to SSBM.
Nintendo Puzzle Collection is just another compilation port.
Legend of Staffi and Giftpia are pretty much unknown here.

So Fire Emblem winning by a landslide (that is quite an understatement...) really isn't much of a surprise.

Offline Grey Ninja

• Retired Forum Drunk
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2003, 08:16:42 PM »
I didn't know that Fire Emblem was winning by THAT much, otherwise I would have voted for Giftpia.  But since I have access to a whole network of computers, I might throw in a few votes for giftpia tomorrow.    (yeah yeah, cheating, but for a good cause.)
Once I had, a little game
I liked to crawl back into my brain
I think you know the game I mean

Offline "Sky"

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2003, 08:29:28 PM »
If you're going to cheat just make sure Giftpia doesn't overtake Fire Emblem

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2003, 09:45:27 PM »
Ah, fire emblem...very good game...the only problem i had when i played it was I couldnt understand it.
So i made up my own story.

I did the same with river city ransom 2.....that story ended up beig about two homosexual men who
frequently visited a hotel and beat peopel up when they in it.......
NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post

Offline Grey Ninja

• Retired Forum Drunk
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2003, 10:16:50 PM »
It would take a very sick demented person to think up a story like that....  I approve.  
Once I had, a little game
I liked to crawl back into my brain
I think you know the game I mean

« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2003, 04:38:28 AM »
I'd like Fire Emblem and Giftpia. I don't know that much of Giftpia, nobody does, but it looks interesting.

Offline Biohazard

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2003, 10:56:13 AM »

Originally posted by: "Sky"

huh...who ever said they did?  I hate how everyone says that, out of all the people who came over to my house (alot) to play SSBM...no one liked Marth or Roy.  I just am wondering how everyone is saying "they are popular from SSBM..." (not flame bait but thanks for being my subject)

Anyway, I don't see how Nintendo.com's polls matter, rememebr that had that poll about the style of Zelda.  The "realistic" version dominated the rest but alast no results...we will see.
Johnathon Fauker
----------------------
PlanetGamecube's Resident Evil Freak.

Offline Ian Sane

• Champion for Urban Champion
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 05, 2003, 11:09:31 AM »
"Anyway, I don't see how Nintendo.com's polls matter, rememebr that had that poll about the style of Zelda. The "realistic" version dominated the rest but alast no results...we will see."

Nintendo.com's poll didn't affect Zelda's style because NOA has no input into the development of Zelda games.  That is strictly an NCL decision.  However localizing a Japanese game in the American market is NOA's decision so the poll is considerably more relevant.

Offline alexzman

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 05, 2003, 11:37:28 AM »
Yeah Ian Sane is right, these polls are put up by guys who just work at Nintendo.com/Nintendo Power, and not really for NOA directly. This poll would have the same amount of influence if it was on Planet GameCube's front page.

And besides it's obvious Fire Emblem is going to win because of Marth and Roy's appearance in SSB:M. The same way many people wanted the Mach Rider series to come back after seeing the trophy in smash bros., despite the fact it was never very good from the start.
--CURRENTLY PLAYING:
Sim City 4, Mario Golf
--LOOKING FORWARD TO:
F-Zero, SCII, and MK: DD

Offline WindyMan

• It was the dog.
  • Score: 5
    • View Profile
    • WindyMan's Roller Derby Notes
« Reply #12 on: February 05, 2003, 11:51:52 AM »
Yes, most polls on NOA's website mean jack when when it comes down to the end result of it, but still, the information that Nintendo gets from them is still taken into some consideration when NCL asks what's going on in America.

No matter what the poll, though, if one choice is totally obliterating the other three, something needs to be noted about it.  (The Zelda poll, while having the realistic choice winning, wasn't as clear-cut as Fire Emblem is in this one.)
Steven "WindyMan" Rodriguez
Washed-up Former NWR Director

Respect the power of the wind.

Offline Mingesium

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 05, 2003, 12:13:13 PM »
I was talking about this is the GBA - Fire Emblem thread

The timing of this poll is interesting. Just recently there was an announcement of the new Fire Emblem game. I bet a lot of gamers emailed Nintendo and ask if it will be coming to the US. The amount of email wasn't as big as the Zelda Bonus Disk, but it was big enough to put a poll up on their website. The other three games were probable already planned to come to the US. The poll is basically asking do you want Fire Emblem?  

Offline "Sky"

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 05, 2003, 12:35:32 PM »

Originally posted by: Biohazard

huh...who ever said they did?  I hate how everyone says that, out of all the people who came over to my house (alot) to play SSBM...no one liked Marth or Roy.  I just am wondering how everyone is saying "they are popular from SSBM..." (not flame bait but thanks for being my subject)

They just did. A lot of SSBM players really like playing as them. Just because the people who come over your house doesn't like using them doesn't mean other people don't. Remember that I'm using the internet crowd and people I know in real life to come to that conclusion. I really doubt Fire Emblem would be getting the attention it's getting now if Marth and Roy weren't included in SSBM.

BTW, I gained interest in Fire Emblem once I found out about Fire Emblem VI for GBA when I was doing some research and then looked up to find some information on the series

Whether or not this poll will have a major effect, in the end it's still worth a shot right? After all, it's only taking up a few seconds of our time

Offline Kai

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 05, 2003, 01:38:55 PM »
I would buy 3 out of 4 or these, so it kills to vote, but I voted for Giftopia, lest Nintendo think there's no interest in it at all. But Stafi is a cute (Starfish) character, I would buy that too.

Offline Perfect Cell

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 05, 2003, 02:29:54 PM »

Originally posted by: Biohazard

Originally posted by: "Sky"

Anyway, I don't see how Nintendo.com's polls matter, rememebr that had that poll about the style of Zelda.  The "realistic" version dominated the rest but alast no results...we will see.

Its a matter of taste dude, i love to use Roy, i started with Samus but once i got Roy unlocked i dont use anyone else, he kicks serious booty

Offline Cerberus

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 05, 2003, 02:50:38 PM »
Fire Emblem, because I am another mindless Roy and Marth admirer.
You can pick you friends, you can pick your nose, but you can't pick your friend's nose.

Offline BlkPaladin

• Score: 9
    • View Profile
    • Minkmultimedia
« Reply #18 on: February 05, 2003, 08:00:37 PM »
I voted Fire Emblem because I'm a sucker for more good Strategy RPGs. ( I also like using Roy in SSB:M)
Stupidity is lost on my. Then again I'm almost always lost.

Offline Game_Freak

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 05, 2003, 10:01:01 PM »
BOO Fire Emblem, go NINTENDO PUZZLE COLLECTION! Im really anticipating NPC, i need a puzzle game goddamit. And besides, NPC would be so easy to translate its not funny, i want NPC!

Offline Uglydot

• Jesus
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 06, 2003, 01:16:17 AM »
I read some reviews of The Legond of Starfi, and it looked fun, something a bit different too.  How often do you get to play as a starfish?  These games look like they would sell quite a bit, expecially with the recognition of Roy and Marth, but Nintendo will definatly have to do some major marketing, other than Fire Emblem, the names of these games aren't exactly something a lot of people would pick up off the shelf to buy on a whim.

Offline Recoilx

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 17, 2003, 02:46:42 PM »

Originally posted by: Uglydot
I read some reviews of The Legond of Starfi, and it looked fun, something a bit different too.  How often do you get to play as a starfish?  These games look like they would sell quite a bit, expecially with the recognition of Roy and Marth, but Nintendo will definatly have to do some major marketing, other than Fire Emblem, the names of these games aren't exactly something a lot of people would pick up off the shelf to buy on a whim.

Nintendo could always change the name; although the name 'Fire Emblem' seems pretty decent to me. It would be an amazing game to come to North America in my opinon. Heck, I hope KOEI releases Romance Of The Three Kingdoms Advance stateside (Although I doubt that will happen).

« Reply #22 on: April 17, 2003, 03:39:51 PM »
Fire Emblem, easy.  The rest of that stuff doesn't even compare...

Besides, I want to know what happens in The Sealed Sword cause Roy owns the other FE guys for two cents, IMO.
"This hand of mine glows with an awesome power...its burning grip tells me to defeat you!!!"

-Domon, G Gundam