Author Topic: I haz Wii :D  (Read 3369 times)

Offline MysticGohan

• I have a large position in nVidia.
  • Score: 12
    • View Profile
I haz Wii :D
« on: May 01, 2009, 02:30:20 AM »
Hey guys, just got my Wii, Got Mario Galaxy and SSBB. I'm pumped :)
Everytime you open your mouth you prove you're an idiot. ~Vegeta

Never argue with an idiot he'll bring you to his level and beat you with experience.

"I'm doing this because I'm PISSED! Why the hell didn't you ask for my help!?!?" `Roy Mustang  FMA

I could go into a Wendy's res

Offline Caliban

• In Space As Always
  • Score: 32
    • View Profile
Re: I haz Wii :D
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2009, 02:31:35 AM »
Awesome. Play Mario Galaxy first.

Offline BeautifulShy

• Shifting my body across the galaxy
  • Score: 79
    • View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2009, 03:41:45 AM »
That's great Mystic. I have to agree with Caliban.Mario Galaxy is great. Since I don't really know you Mystic Gohan what types of games do you like?
Maxi is dead. I killed him and took his posts and changed genders.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Quote by Khushrenada in Safe Words 15.
I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline Dasmos

• Needs Him Some Tang in His Lollies
  • Score: 52
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2009, 03:55:55 AM »
sell it while you can
Images are not allowed in signatures. That includes moving images (video).

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2009, 04:12:23 AM »
Conglaturation ! ! !

I recommend that you play Wii Sports first, it's an awesome game.
If I were you, I'd sell SSBBrawl and get Mario Kart Wii instead.

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2009, 07:27:10 AM »
Might I suggest some third party love?

RedSteel/No More Heroes bundle
Zack and Wiki
Godfather Wii

All under $30

Offline bustin98

• Bustin' out kids
  • Score: 30
    • View Profile
    • Web Design Web Hosting Computer Sales and Service
« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2009, 03:08:54 PM »
Those titles deserve all the love they can get. I'm stuck in Zack and Wiki though. Trying hard not to cheat.

Offline NinGurl69 *huggles

• HI I'M CRAZY
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2009, 03:27:32 PM »
What part?
:: Six Sided Video .com ~ Pietriots.com ::
PRO IS SERIOUS. GET SERIOUS.

Offline bustin98

• Bustin' out kids
  • Score: 30
    • View Profile
    • Web Design Web Hosting Computer Sales and Service
« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2009, 03:56:30 PM »
Its a room full of paintings. There is a broom, use the broom to sweep away clouds. A moon comes out and shines on a ghost which exposes a key. There is a two part painting of thorns and on the opposite is a large fish. The main image is an old man. If you walk across the floor opens up preventing you from going across to the fish.

• HI I'M CRAZY
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #9 on: May 01, 2009, 04:07:23 PM »
There's more interaction to do with the paintings.  I think there's another item besides the broom that can interact with paintings.

Plus, instead of cleaning with the broom, try the "opposite."

(As with all items, it's a good idea to discover the item's secondary function, which can be absurd or logical).
« Last Edit: May 01, 2009, 04:08:59 PM by NinGurl69 *huggles »

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
  • Score: -1350
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #10 on: May 01, 2009, 04:22:55 PM »
If you liked Metroid Prime and Metroid Prime 2: Echoes, make sure to get Metroid Prime 3: Corruption. It's a great end to the Metroid Prime trilogy, and the Achievements-like system in the game is great.
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20

Offline Dirk Temporo

• Score: -1
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 01, 2009, 04:26:43 PM »

No, but really that's pretty cool. What are your plans for the future of your Wii?
"You've had your dream old man. It's time to wake up!"
-Travis Touchdown

• HI I'M CRAZY
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #12 on: May 01, 2009, 05:08:15 PM »
If you liked Metroid Prime and Metroid Prime 2: Echoes, make sure to get Metroid Prime 3: Corruption. It's a great end to the Metroid Prime trilogy, and the Achievements-like system in the game is great.

I hate that achievement **** popping up on my screen.  Inform me after I save or when I load the game, don't tell me about these things when I'm enjoying the atmosphere.  It's like those awful out-of-place Bond Moment rewards in 007: Nightfire.

It seems like "achievment" is just a fancy word to make low-esteem players feel important when all they've managed is to trigger an in-game "unlocked" message about regular old unlockables.

Where am i getting all this rage.  I had Wendy for lunch.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2009, 05:12:34 PM by NinGurl69 *huggles »

Offline DAaaMan64

• Winner of the Most Terrible Username Award
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 01, 2009, 05:32:55 PM »
I see what you are saying Pro. I like achievements definitely. Es specially in online repetitive FPSs. However they probably don't have a place in adventure games and such. Needs an off option.

FREEEEEDDDDDOOOOOMMMMMMMMMM!!!!

Marvel Heroes - Marvel Heroes
Frozen Shoe Games

Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil. For I am with me.

Offline mac<censored>

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 02, 2009, 12:48:46 AM »

I dunno, ... I loved MP and MP2, but MP3 seems just kinda meh in comparison -- the split into many small areas (as opposed to the giant sprawling layouts of the others), and the constant contact with the outside really hurts, I think , and it feels far less immersive than the first two games.

I also find the wii controls worse than the GC MP controls, mostly because it seems to now put a huge emphasis on precision.  I found the GC controls worked really well after you got used to them, but I can never get things working all that well on the wii (maybe that's partly because I have a very small room, and end up usually playing pretty close to the TV, but whatever the reason, it's a less pleasant experience), and MP3 has been pretty frustrating as a result.

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 02, 2009, 04:01:37 AM »
MP3 is more story driven with many area unlocks based on arbitrary triggers rather than item upgrades, kinda approaching Zelda territory there. It really doesn't feel very Metroidy anymore.

Offline MysticGohan

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 03, 2009, 02:35:21 PM »
thanks Guys, I love the Smash Bros. Series and Brawl looked fun, along with those I got and extra controller with Wii play and nunchuck and Wii points card in which I got the browser and ALTTP. I plan on getting Prime 3 and others soon :)

I really like RPGs, Adventure, Action, Fighting, sim quite a wide variety actually.

I'm really enjoying Mario Galaxy, I haven't tried Brawl out yet, does anyone else have it? and play online? and if so has the online deal been improved since last I heard?

Never argue with an idiot he'll bring you to his level and beat you with experience.

"I'm doing this because I'm PISSED! Why the hell didn't you ask for my help!?!?" `Roy Mustang  FMA

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #17 on: May 03, 2009, 02:53:57 PM »
Yeah I got Brawl.It is laggy still. I played it the other day to test my new Wi-Fi setup and it is better than before but I was playing a non friend match so I don't know where the people I was playing live.

Based on the Genres you listed I can recommend these games.
RPGs: Tales of Symphonia:Dawn of the New World. That one is out now if you live in America.Europe is getting it as well but with additional content.
 When you say adventure you mean something like Zelda? If so than Okami and Zelda:TP.If you are talking about point and click adventures I can recommend Zack&Wiki:Quest for Barbaros' Treasure.
Action games: There has been a recent influx of this genre. Tenchu:Shadow Assassins, Madworld, and Deadly Creatures. Deadly Creatures can be an adventure as well.How could I forget No More Heroes.

Fighting: There isn't much in the genre.Brawl and Guilty Gear Accent Plus are probably the top games. Samurai Showdown Anthology recently came out.

That's it off the top of my head I'm sure others will come up with some that I missed.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2009, 02:59:12 PM by Maxi »
Alexis, she/her/Miss

I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline MysticGohan

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 03, 2009, 03:02:42 PM »
Yeah, I already have TP for GC, others sound good though. Any good games recommended coming this year? :)

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #19 on: May 03, 2009, 03:21:09 PM »
Punch Out!! is coming out on May 18th.There is a topic about it.I posted lots of what is in the game.

The Conduit comes out June 23rd in the US. It is a FPS. There is lots of customization with the controls. There will be 12 player online. The online features are robust.
I think you mentioned  the Sim genre if so than Little King's Story. In it you are a King and you use your towns folk to expand your town and defeat the enemys and bosses outside off your town. Nintendo Power says you move your towns folk like in Pikmin.The townspeople have different jobs that can expand your fledging community and fight your foes.

Sin&Punishment 2 I think is coming out in the Winter. Can't think of much else that might interest you. Anybody else got anything?

Edit:Check your PMs Mystic.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2009, 03:35:28 PM by Maxi »
Alexis, she/her/Miss