Author Topic: Nintendo to Help Promote Dragon Quest X  (Read 7198 times)

Offline NWR_Lindy

• Famous Rapper
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 14
    • View Profile
Re: Nintendo to Help Promote Dragon Quest X
« Reply #25 on: December 17, 2008, 08:12:17 PM »
Especially Square-Enix, who pretty much gave Nintendo the finger after the SNES.
Jon Lindemann
Contributing Editor, Nintendo World Report

My Game Backlog

Offline broodwars

• Hunting for a Pineapple Salad
  • Score: -1011
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 17, 2008, 08:46:46 PM »
Especially Square-Enix, who pretty much gave Nintendo the finger after the SNES.

Unfortunately, as much as I agree with the sentiment, it's not a good idea to piss off the biggest 3rd party publisher in Japan when your platform is suffering from a definite lack of quality 3rd party software.  Besides, as aggravating as Square-Enix's treatment of their properties can be, I do want to see AAA titles from them on the Wii, and if their stuff can sell maybe other 3rd parties won't be so hesitant about signing on.

And let's be honest here: Nintendo deserved every bit of what they got from Square in the N64 days.  Remember when Yamauchi said that RPG gamers were sad little people living in their parent's basement, and that they really didn't care about RPGs?  Yeah, that was bright.
There was a Signature here. It's gone now.

Offline Peachylala

• Bunk Pass Itch
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 17, 2008, 09:26:24 PM »
And let's be honest here: Nintendo deserved every bit of what they got from Square in the N64 days.  Remember when Yamauchi said that RPG gamers were sad little people living in their parent's basement, and that they really didn't care about RPGs?  Yeah, that was bright.
That's what comes with old age. And yes, it was Nintendo's fault that Square gave them the finger. If Sony had their way back in the early ninties, we would've had a SNES CD add-on with Secret of Mana. If the N64 used CD-Roms, we would've gotten better third party support and maybe Final Fantasy VII. That's what happens when you treat 3rd parties like sh*t.

While it's pretty good Nintendo is giving support to Dragon Quest X, where the eff is The Crystal Bearers? That game looked amazing. I would rather see Nintendo support that.
Peachy got himself a 360 Slim. ...Yahoo?

Offline NinGurl69 *huggles

• HI I'M CRAZY
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #28 on: December 17, 2008, 10:15:32 PM »
Well, Nintendo's hidden plan is to disrupt the old empires and treaties by acquiring the major weapons of the past (key publishers).  In Nintendo's UTTERLY SAFE position, they don't have to get REAL 3rd party games to show up in the next 2 years on Wii, they just simply intend to prevent those special games from ending up on the competing systems.
:: Six Sided Video .com ~ Pietriots.com ::
PRO IS SERIOUS. GET SERIOUS.