2 (33.3%)
StarCraft (PC)
0 (0%)
San Andreas (PC)
0 (0%)
PoP:  Two Thrones (GC)
2 (33.3%)

Total Members Voted: 6

Author Topic: Random poll of the week: What game should I play? :)  (Read 2920 times)

Offline vudu

• You'd probably all be better off if I really were dead.
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: -19
    • View Profile
Random poll of the week: What game should I play? :)
« on: July 29, 2008, 02:41:49 PM »
Those of you who are paying attention know that my Wii is borked.  I'm looking for something to play for the next couple of weeks while it's gone.

I put a few options above, but feel free to "write-in" your own if my choices suck.  I'm limiting the selection to older PC titles or something for GameCube.  I haven't updated my PC in several years (since before Half-Life 2 came out, so I can't play most newer games.  The last games I played on it were Half-Life 2 and Psychonauts; both played fairly well, but it's not like I could crank the settings up to eleven or anything. 

Bioshock (PC):  I'm not entirely sure my rig can play this game very well.  I can buy the game from Steam for $30.

Deus Ex (PC):  I already have this game, but never played it.  I know some people on this forum feel pretty strongly about the game.  I heard there may be some compatibility issues with XP.

StarCraft: (PC)  I haven't played this game in almost ten years.  I don't remember a thing about it other than I enjoyed it when it first came out.

San Andreas (PC):  I played through GTA3 and Vice City on PC several years ago and liked both of them (both played fine on my system)I can pick it up from Steam for only $20.

PoP:  Two Thrones (GC):  I beat the first two Prince of Persia games, and I'm a little curious how the trilogy ends.  I hear this one doesn't suck as badly as Warrior Within.  I can get it used from GameStop for under $20.
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!

Offline UltimatePartyBear

• Voice of Reason
  • Score: 35
    • View Profile
Re: Random poll of the week: What game should I play? :)
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2008, 02:56:25 PM »
Deus Ex, without question.  It's the only game on your list that you own but haven't played.  I don't see why you had to waste your random poll of the week.

Besides that, it's very good.

Offline EasyCure

• wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle, yeah!
  • Score: 75
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2008, 09:28:51 PM »
i still can't believe you're white
February 07, 2003, 02:35:52 PM
EASYCURE: I remember thinking(don't ask me why) this was a blond haired, blue eyed, chiseled athlete. Like he looked like Seigfried before he became Nightmare.

Offline vudu

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2008, 09:46:47 PM »
I'm like Jaime Kennedy in Mailbu's Most Wanted.

... and all the girlies say I'm pretty fly for a white guy ...
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!

Offline EasyCure

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2008, 09:51:08 PM »
really? i never thought you were obnoxious
EASYCURE: I remember thinking(don't ask me why) this was a blond haired, blue eyed, chiseled athlete. Like he looked like Seigfried before he became Nightmare.

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2008, 02:36:40 AM »
Escape Velocity Nova.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline wandering

• BABY DAISY IS FREAKIN HAWT
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile
    • XXX FREE HOT WADAISY PICS
« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2008, 02:38:44 AM »
I haven't played any of the games you listed. I'll recommend Cave Story.
“...there are those who would...say, '...If I could just not have to work everyday...that would be the most wonderful life in the world.' They don't know life. Because what makes life mean something is purpose.  The battle. The struggle.  Even if you don't win it.” - Richard M. Nixon

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2008, 04:07:43 AM »
Deus Ex is fantastic.

Offline Nick DiMola

• Staff Alumnus
  • Score: 20
    • View Profile
    • PixlBit
« Reply #8 on: July 30, 2008, 06:17:05 AM »
Check out PixlBit!

Offline bustin98

• Bustin' out kids
  • Score: 30
    • View Profile
    • Web Design Web Hosting Computer Sales and Service
« Reply #9 on: July 30, 2008, 09:58:13 AM »
You have to see how the Prince of Persia turns out. At least buy the game for the next time you're looking to play a game.

Offline vudu

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 30, 2008, 02:34:09 PM »

I have no idea if you're joking or not.  What did you think I was?

Offline EasyCure

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 30, 2008, 02:39:29 PM »

I have no idea if you're joking or not.  What did you think I was?

does it matter? you already replied saying you're like jaime kennedy in Malibus Most Wanted, why are you still obsessing over this!