Author Topic: Resident Evil: The Umbrella Chronicles Ships Over a Million  (Read 2308 times)

Offline Kairon

• T_T
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 48
    • View Profile
Resident Evil: The Umbrella Chronicles Ships Over a Million
« on: March 04, 2008, 09:00:14 AM »
The title has exceeded expectations of 620,000 in shipments. This is the second million-selling Wii title from third-party Capcom.
 http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/newsArt.cfm?artid=15460

Capcom®'s "Resident Evil™: The Umbrella Chronicles" Ships 1 Million Units Worldwide!    

Second Wii Game From the Company to Top 1 Million Units Following Resident Evil 4 Wii Edition

Capcom is pleased to announce that Resident Evil® : The Umbrella Chronicles, which was released in November 2007 for the Wii video game system from Nintendo, has shipped over 1 million units worldwide. This is the second Capcom Wii title to ship over a million units, following Resident Evil 4 Wii Edition, which was released in June of 2007.    

The Resident Evil series, which has sold over 34.5 million units globally (as of February 29, 2008), is one of Capcom’s most critically acclaimed and beloved franchises. As a testament to Resident Evil’s longevity and success, the series remains as innovative and original today as when the first title shipped in 1996.    

Resident Evil: The Umbrella Chronicles is a brand new game in the Resident Evil franchise, with familiar locales from the entire series, created specifically for the unique characteristics of the Wii console. This action/shooter hybrid reveals the back story behind the fall of the Umbrella Corporation by exploring locations from Resident Evil 0, 1, 2 and 3 as well as new never-before-seen locations, such as Umbrella’s stronghold. Resident Evil: The Umbrella Chronicles combines first-person, light-gun style combat with interactive pathways, multiple weapons and new enemies to create an entirely new Resident Evil experience that could only be delivered on the Wii. The game includes a two-player co-op mode and support for the Wii Zapper™ for even more intense light-gun style shooting action.    

The Resident Evil series is not limited to the realm of gaming though, as evidenced by its popularity with movie-goers around the world. Autumn in 2007 saw the continued success of the series on the big screens when the Hollywood blockbuster "Resident Evil Extinction" opened in theaters worldwide, going on to generate $147 million US dollars in revenues. Currently, Capcom, in cooperation with Sony Pictures Entertainment Japan Co., Ltd., is in the middle of producing a full-length CG movie, "Resident Evil: Degeneration".

Carmine Red, Associate Editor

A glooming peace this morning with it brings;
The sun, for sorrow, will not show his head:
Go hence, to have more talk of these sad things;
Some shall be pardon'd, and some punished:
For never was a story of more woe
Than this of Sega and her Mashiro.

Offline NinGurl69 *huggles

• HI I'M CRAZY
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
Re: Resident Evil: The Umbrella Chronicles Ships Over a Million
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2008, 05:32:16 PM »
1 million shipped.

5 sold.

GOTTA WORK ON THAT PRESS RELEASE LANGWEGE, CAPCOM
:: Six Sided Video .com ~ Pietriots.com ::
PRO IS SERIOUS. GET SERIOUS.

Offline Kairon

• T_T
  • NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2008, 05:37:10 PM »
Guh.

Still, geez.... CAPCOM! When are we getting more big support from you guys? You sold RE4, you sold RE:UC, why is it that now all we have are a Japan-only RE:0 port and a farmed-out Okami port! I wanna see stuff like what THQ put out! I wanna see a Wii SF:4, more info on Monster Hunter 3, a Wii Bionic Commando... or Megaman.. or Dino Crisis or whatever!

• HI I'M CRAZY
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2008, 05:41:27 PM »
Get this, Capcom will probably never make a real RE game for Nintendo again.

"looks at RE4 -- sold well"
"looks at REUC -- sold well"
[forgets about RE4]

"OH MY, THE REASON WHY REUC DID SO WELL WAS PROBABLY BECAUSE OF OUR CASUAL APPROACH!  HURRY!  LET'S MAKE MORE CASUAL ZOMBIE GAMES!"

Offline Kairon

• T_T
  • NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2008, 05:43:51 PM »
... I'd LOVE a casual zombie game. How would that play exactly?

Offline Caliban

• In Space As Always
  • Score: 32
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2008, 05:45:23 PM »
Capcom shouldn't touch Megaman... ever! Leave it to WayForward to make an impeccable job like they did for Contra 4. Wishful thinking, I know.
I agree with you Kairon on how Capcom throws the middle finger at gamers that supported them by buying games like Zack and Wiki, or RE:UC.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2008, 05:47:31 PM by Caliban »

• HI I'M CRAZY
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2008, 05:47:46 PM »
... I'd LOVE a casual zombie game. How would that play exactly?

A classic RE game with shoe-horned Wii Remote support.

Offline mastro

• I less than three U
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2008, 12:56:55 AM »
I was originally not very interested in this game but I got renewed interest in this game after realizing how much I actually like Link's crossbow training.
I didn't originally want that game either but my brother bought it for me and it turned out that I really enjoyed it but it was very short(got all platinums in about 3 days). So will probably end up picking this game in hoping it is a longer and more fleshed out Link's crossbow experiencing.

This game has not got the best reviews but it still looks fun to me. A lot of the complaints about it seem a bit to superficial to me. I am not overly concerned about when I shot them in face and it has no bearing on the enemy. The game probably could of used more polish but as long as its fun I imagine I will pick it up in a year when it drops price.
If you add any of my WiiC or any FC please PM me.

Wii #                   
4871 4170 1627 4831

Endless Ocean #       
7415 7735 7984

Smash Bros Brawl #   
1032 0904 4453

Offline Toruresu

• Lusts round Birdos
  • Score: 17
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2008, 05:31:46 PM »
I finally got a Wii! Got it with RE:UC and Endless Ocean. RE:UC is a good game, fun, fast, tough (tougher on hard). It was a good buy. I just wish Capcom would stop getting money from the Wii games to make X-Box 360/PS3 games.
Currently Playing:
Currently Reading: