Author Topic: IGN's SSB Brawl FAQ...  (Read 6492 times)

Offline NWR_pap64

• You are not the boss of me
  • Score: 25
    • View Profile
    • Nintendo World Report
RE:IGN's SSB Brawl FAQ...
« Reply #25 on: September 05, 2007, 02:24:20 PM »

Originally posted by: Mashiro

And calling it "inexplicable" is a gross inaccuracy. It's perfectly explicable when a developer says, "Yeah, we're pretty sure we'll have it in there." and then doesn't. That kind of thing tends to make fans angsty. Even if it doesn't piss me off, I can understand how suggesting something and then going back on it will piss people off.

Actually, to kick that up a notch, Nintendo pretty much guaranteed online in the beginning . . . so angry from it lacking online is perfectly acceptable.

That was when SSB didn't even have a director and Nintendo was making a lot of empty promises.
Pedro Hernandez
NWR Staff Writer

Offline Mashiro

• Silent Protagonist
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
RE: IGN's SSB Brawl FAQ...
« Reply #26 on: September 05, 2007, 02:28:47 PM »
Doesn't change the fact that they said it.

Also Masahiro Sakurai said that when discussing online with Nintendo, Smash was the first game that came to mind as something that must be done and that he was pushing the game to be online.

So I mean there is a tremendous push to have this online, combined that with what's been said and it still give validity to those that would be angry (such as myself).

Offline UltimatePartyBear

• Voice of Reason
  • Score: 35
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 06, 2007, 04:04:42 AM »
Anger is understandable, but all the angst in the world won't make a bit of difference.  The balls are inert.  Personally, I'm baffled by all the doubt, not so much the promises of rage.

Offline Strell

• Score: -1
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 06, 2007, 06:05:50 PM »
You people are just mad I'm going to make the easiest twenty bucks ever and that you didn't think of it first.
I must find a way to use "burninate" more in my daily speech.

Status of Smash Bros Online bet:
$10 Bet with KashogiStogi
$10 Bet with Khushrenada
Avatar Appointment with Vudu (still need to determine what to do if I win, give suggestions!)

Update: 9/18 confirms t

Offline Sonuis

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 12, 2007, 12:36:21 PM »
It's funny about the Wi-Fi stuff.  Though it really doesn't matter to me, since there's still a lot of fun to it even if you can get one person to play with you.  Besides, even if it does have Wi-Fi support, it won't work for me since I run Satellite internet.  It's the most fake 'broadband' there ever is.

I'm still questioning the online support anyway.  Once it's confirmed, then it'll be fine.  I'm not getting my hopes up thankfully.  By the way...

Apparently this image is starting to float around the internet.  So far, I wouldn't believe it because there's still a bit of an ESRB issue.  I haven't heard of an official rating yet, and if it there was one, it'd be posted on the website.  Not to mention that online game stores still show RP pictures.  Seems that front cover is starting to disappear too.  I think the most obvious thing in the picture that'd be a dead giveaway would be the amount of stock pictures and controllers.

Hopefully I'm not late on this image on the forum :x.  I actually just saw it for the first time today.
"Oh no! Those are my hidden tomatoes!"
"You idiot! You hid those?"
"They look delicious."

Offline Bill Aurion

• NWR Forum Loli
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: September 12, 2007, 12:43:05 PM »
Already been confirmed to be fake... =)

(All the numbers listed there are pretty silly...)
~Former Resident Zelda Aficionado and Nintendo Fan~

Offline vudu

• You'd probably all be better off if I really were dead.
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: -19
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 13, 2007, 07:07:36 AM »
Plus, wouldn't it be in English, Spanish and French?
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!

Offline Dirk Temporo

• Score: -1
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 13, 2007, 01:21:23 PM »
Suggestive Themes? In MY Super Smash Bros?
"You've had your dream old man. It's time to wake up!"
-Travis Touchdown

Offline Sir_Stabbalot

• Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 13, 2007, 01:25:29 PM »

Originally posted by: Dirk Temporo
Suggestive Themes? In MY Super Smash Bros?

Blame the Zero Suit.
"I am going away, but the State will always remain" - Louis XIV, on his deathbed.

"Chimps are like fine wine: I drink them both." - A friend of a friend of mine.

Offline UERD

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 13, 2007, 01:39:31 PM »
It's 'Wi-Fi Connection', not 'Wifi Connection'. And besides, it looks like a hack job regardless.
"I'm looking for shrunken heads w/ DVD playback options. I figure I can hang them in my car like dice. Will you help me?"
- thatguy

"Can you shoot out customizable fireballs? Then why should your Mii be able to?"
- vudu

Offline Smash_Brother

• Let me show you my poké-balls
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 13, 2007, 02:44:10 PM »

Originally posted by: PartyBear
Anger is understandable, but all the angst in the world won't make a bit of difference.

Sure it will.

When a developer makes a decision like that and gets mailed a box of fire ants which swarm him and rend the flesh from his bones, the next developer to make decision like that would think twice before doing it.
"OK, first we need someone to complain about something trivial. Golden or S_B should do. Then we get someone to defend the game, like Bill or Mashiro. Finally add some Unclebob or Pro666 randomness and the thread should go to hell right away." -Pap64

Offline NWR_pap64

• You are not the boss of me
  • Score: 25
    • View Profile
    • Nintendo World Report
« Reply #36 on: September 13, 2007, 03:00:09 PM »
Speaking of fire ants, put my name on the package as well S_B.

Lord knows the Blog updates have annoyed me recently...
Pedro Hernandez
NWR Staff Writer