Author Topic: I like how the new background...  (Read 9642 times)

Offline Sir_Stabbalot

• Score: 1
    • View Profile
RE:I like how the new background...
« Reply #50 on: April 19, 2007, 02:02:17 PM »

Originally posted by: Smash_Brother

PREACH IT, BROTHA!

I so utterly despise the female robot paradigm. Maybe it was a cute idea once, but it has been utterly beat to death.

Woot! someone who sees things my way!

Originally posted by: wandering
See, now, if I ever built a killbot, it may have a face, but it definitely wouldn't have legs. I remember, on Battlebots, someone built this amazing mechanical spider - it moved quickly and beautifully. And it got creamed by a set of wheels with a tacked-on hammer. No matter how good you manage to make a machine with legs - I'm pretty sure you'd be able to make one with tracks or wheels that is faster, more maneuverable, and more stable.

True, tracks do have many advantages, but the analogy you're using isn't 100% applicable. The difference was that in Battlebots, the treaded robot had a dedicated weapon, the spider did not. My idea was for when motors and energy systems had advanced so that powered armor is possible, and it's only a few steps away from creating an automaton. Treads are superior for most things, but they have the inherent weakness that they can topple over if their center of balance is too high, and fixed drive systems have the weakness that they most often cannot compensate well for difficult terrain unless they have a large base, making it ill-suited for fitting in tight areas as found in close-combat or interiors.  However, for everything else like tanks, treads all the way.

Well http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/anime.php?id=7627 has a sort description of what it is like, but to get a better understanding of it I would suggest watching the first and 2nd episodes either from Youtube or Animesuki.

Basically what I meant by destruction at a larger scale was the destruction of several planet sized ships by one single entity, and that was just in the first 2 episodes that I watched. Obviously there's going to be some drama, but I don't think it is going to be as boring as Gundam is.

I'll look into it. And thanks for pointing to YouTube instead of asking me to download a 1-gig torrent just to try it out.

Originally posted by: nitsu niflheim
Legs get in the way of you having sex with your sexbot!

Call me xenophobic, but having sex with something that isn't human doesn't appeal to me.
"I am going away, but the State will always remain" - Louis XIV, on his deathbed.

"Chimps are like fine wine: I drink them both." - A friend of a friend of mine.

Offline Bill Aurion

• NWR Forum Loli
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
RE: I like how the new background...
« Reply #51 on: April 19, 2007, 03:02:17 PM »
Ahahaha, you know xenophobia is "the fear of FOREIGNERS," right?...I think different terminology would work better...

Let's see...Automatonophobia is fear of robots, and Genophobia is fear of sex...Soooooo, Automatonogenophobia?
~Former Resident Zelda Aficionado and Nintendo Fan~

Offline Smoke39

• Smoking is only bad for you if you're not made of smoke already
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: April 19, 2007, 03:22:59 PM »
I'd say non-humans are pretty foreign within the context of a sex partner for a human.
GOREGASM!

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #53 on: April 19, 2007, 03:50:23 PM »

Originally posted by: Athrun Zala

Originally posted by: Caliban

Originally posted by: Sir_Stabbalot

Heroic Age, destruction at a larger scale than I have yet to see...wait, can the Nodoss even be considered mechas?

I wasn't actually talking about a mech, more along the lines of something roughly seven feet tall that could be attached to squads to provide fire support.

However, it sounds interesting. Elaborate.

Well http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/anime.php?id=7627 has a sort description of what it is like, but to get a better understanding of it I would suggest watching the first and 2nd episodes either from Youtube or Animesuki.

Basically what I meant by destruction at a larger scale was the destruction of several planet sized ships by one single entity, and that was just in the first 2 episodes that I watched. Obviously there's going to be some drama, but I don't think it is going to be as boring as Gundam is.
Gundam is not boring! >=( (unless you're refering to GSD, G-Savior or GGundam.... in such case I'll let it slide...)

about Heroic Age.... Xebec is the studio behind it, Hisashi Hirai's boring character designs, angela opening, "Gold Race"..... smells a lot like Soukyuu no Fafner! (which was awesome )
maybe it's a not-too-connected sequel (same/alternate universe)?

GGundam kicked ass. You suck.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline Caliban

• In Space As Always
  • Score: 32
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: April 19, 2007, 04:00:50 PM »

I'll look into it. And thanks for pointing to YouTube instead of asking me to download a 1-gig torrent just to try it out.

Huh?! Each episode is only 175MB, and so far they only subtitled 3.

Offline Athrun Zala

• Tween Idol
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
    • TM!
« Reply #55 on: April 19, 2007, 06:04:41 PM »

Originally posted by: TVman

Originally posted by: Athrun Zala

Originally posted by: Caliban

Heroic Age, destruction at a larger scale than I have yet to see...wait, can the Nodoss even be considered mechas?

I wasn't actually talking about a mech, more along the lines of something roughly seven feet tall that could be attached to squads to provide fire support.

However, it sounds interesting. Elaborate.

Gundam is not boring! >=( (unless you're refering to GSD, G-Savior or GGundam.... in such case I'll let it slide...)

about Heroic Age.... Xebec is the studio behind it, Hisashi Hirai's boring character designs, angela opening, "Gold Race"..... smells a lot like Soukyuu no Fafner! (which was awesome )
maybe it's a not-too-connected sequel (same/alternate universe)?

GGundam kicked ass. You suck.
lol, it never did

not even when compared with the other AUs....
Quote from: [b]Professional 666[/b]
JOIN MY ASS

IT'LL BE LOTS OF FUN
Best. Quote. Ever. XD

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: April 20, 2007, 08:55:50 AM »
All this talk makes me think this forum needs more TJOOM!

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: April 20, 2007, 03:29:56 PM »
Well actually, the arena for battle bots have no real terrain.  Take the wheeled bought some place like a rocky forested mountain and I doubt it really be nearly as manuaverable(sp?)  as the legged one.  Sort of how it is.  Legged robots are generally more adaptable and consistent speed wise.  Wheeled are faster but are effected by their environment more extremely.  
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline that Baby guy

• He's a real Ei-Ei-Poo!
  • Score: 379
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: April 20, 2007, 04:04:46 PM »
Only if the leg bot has proper feet for a very uneven terrain.