Author Topic: Should I Gamecube?  (Read 2647 times)

Offline AndyB

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
Should I Gamecube?
« on: March 13, 2003, 12:01:54 AM »
Hey all. In the UK the Gamecube has dropped in price from £129 to £99 and I would like someone to tell me why I should buy one  I currently own a PS2 and a kick-ass PC but have always had a thing for the Gamecube just because it looks fun, Pikmin has always been a game that has caught my eye for originiality.
So, is this console worth my hard-earned cash?  What good games are out now and why are they good?  What good games are coming out in the future and does GC really have a future against the PS2 and XBox?  Thanks all.

Offline Mario

• IWATA BOAT!?
  • Score: 8
    • View Profile
Should I Gamecube?
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2003, 12:43:22 AM »
Well if your the kind of gamer who likes Mario, The Legend of Zelda, Pokemon, Pikmin, Resident Evil, Final Fantasy, Metal Gear Solid, Metroid, Super Monkey Ball, Mario Kart, Adventure games in general, platformers in general, or just damn fun games like Super Smash Bros, then you should get an xbox, coz its got hayloe! and hayloe is teh r0x0r$ of inavatoin and gaymeplai and my frend sed it was reely goog, xbox forevaar dude1!

Nah seriously, there are so many awesome games out on Gamecube its scary. Super Mario Sunshine is one of the best games ive ever played, Resident Evil Remake and Resident Evil Zero have some of the best graphics you will ever see and are frigin scary(But Starfox Adventures has better graphics than all games), Eternal Darkness is a brilliant game that will scare the sh!t out of you with its brilliance, Pikmin is the most innovative game you will ever play and its pretty damn fun too, Super Smash Bros Melee is the ultimate fighter and the best multiplayer game money can buy, Metroid Prime is just a few weeks away and is critically aclaimed as one of the best games ever, and the ultimate game that will put all other pieces of entertainment to shame, The Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker. Nuff said!

Offline thecubedcanuck

• View Profile
Should I Gamecube?
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2003, 01:39:11 AM »
you should get a cube because it will teach you to read exiting things like the form rules or better yet teach you to browse through the topics and find the one like yours that has been done 34 times already.  
Having sex when your 90 is like shooting pool with a piece of rope

Offline AndyB

• View Profile
Should I Gamecube?
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2003, 02:04:55 AM »
Oh I knew I'd get one of these. Very original. Being a big user of forums on other issues I know that a lot of people hate it when new users ask questions that have probably been addressed in the past. I also hate it but never actually slag of the new user, I look at the issue again and give constructive advice. Sadly for you though I have read lots of previous posts on this forum but didn't find direct answers to the questions I have raised. Yes there are hundreds of threads on people's favourite games, the future of the console etc but I believed that this new thread would be relevant to users because it raises the issue of the fact that the highstreet it losing confidence in the GC and has slashed its price. It also sums up lots of threads and puts them in one convenient place. Thankfully Mario gave a more mature and useful answer, cheers mate, I also enjoyed your nice criticism of XBox gamers Finally thecubedcanuck, your arguement was very poor, how is playing a console going to teach me to read, think it through next time.  

Offline Darc Requiem

• Score: 1
    • View Profile
Should I Gamecube?
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2003, 02:27:34 AM »
Hey Andy. I have to agree with Mario user wholeheartedly. Plus if I'm not mistaken Nintendo is running the get a free game with Gamecube promotion in Europe. Not only are the games Mario listed pretty damned good, there are some great games on the horizon. Product Number 3, Dead Phoenix, and Killer 7 for Capcom, MGS for Konami, Soul Calibur 2, Tales of Symphonia, Ridge Racer Next from Namco, and the whole EA lineup are just a few examples. So I wouldn't pay any credence to those "Gamecube is doomed" articles. Nintendo continues to make deals with top third parties, most recently Nintendo has made a deal with EA. Thats not including the plans they have with Namco, Sega, Capcom, etc. So if you worried about support its not an issue. The Nintendo 64 didn't have near this kind of third party support and the number games Nintendo themselves have produced are also in a great number on Gamecube. Most of Nintendo's major franchises have been released already or will be released shortly. Looking at my old N64 we never even got some of the franchises, Metroid is an example and when we did it took forever. Zelda came out 2 years after Mario on N64. Not the case at all on Gamecube. BTW Not all of us forum goers are jerks

Darc Requiem  
"Fiery words fuel debate and debate yields understanding."

Offline cubefreak123

• View Profile
Should I Gamecube?
« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2003, 03:08:27 AM »
hmmm y should you get a gamecube.  hmmmm think think *light bulb goes on* cuz if u dont were gonna bann u muahahahahaha jk.  Ok the real reason y is because the gamecube has  the BEST GAMES THAT U WILL EVER PLAY ON A CONSOLE. super smach bros metroid and plenty more on da way i completly agree with mario nuff said my work here is done now go to wal-mart and buy a gamecube a memory card super smash bros and metroid prime with a wavebird controller and go play till u cant play no more.  
A good friend will bail you out of jail but a best friend will be sitting next to you saying darn we really screwed up.

Should I Gamecube?
« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2003, 04:07:34 AM »
Hm, asking a Gamecube fansite's froum if you should get a Gamecube. Now, where can a possibility for bias occur in this scenario.....?

Seriously, I reccomend you get a 'Cube not as a jackass fanboy, but as a fellow gamer. I've gotten me a cube since they day it was available, and I wouldn't trade it for any other system in the world.