Author Topic: Fanboy  (Read 1843 times)

Offline MCMD

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
Fanboy
« on: November 07, 2006, 10:11:40 AM »
Are we fanboys??? My friend says that I am a fanboy because I have Planetgamecube set as my homepage. Granted I do love Nintendo more than anything in my live (I need ot say sorry to my girlfriend) but I never thought of myself as a fanboy... So my question is do you consider yourself a fanboy and is that really a bad thing?

Offline Kairon

• T_T
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 48
    • View Profile
RE: Fanboy
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2006, 11:44:41 AM »
I consider myself a fanboy...

I don't think you're a fanboy if you regulalrly play PS2 or XBox. Even if you own only a GC but don't give Nintendo preferential treatment, then you're not a fanboy.

But if in videogames you specialize in Nintendo news and you generally believe that Nintendo games are almost always top quality and worth buying over other games... then you're a fan, not quite a fanboy.

A fanboy goes the extra distance of first ASSUMING that Nintendo games are always better, and then trying to find a way to prove that assumption right.

... that said, I am a fanboi. I believe so totally in Miyamoto and Nintendo's goals as compared to the corporate Sony and Microsoft, and I also believe in the entire spirit of Nintendo. I try my darndest to be impartial, which is why you'll see me arguing in favor of Gears of War in another thread on the forums (despite the fact that I don't own an XBox 360 AND am not that interested in actually playing Gears of War), but of course I also have games I don't like (I'm more or less done with the FF series, I've hated what's happened with it ever since FFVII).

So I don't look at a fanboy as being a bad thing. I mean, it's like Nintendo is my favorite sports team. I can acknowledge the good players on other teams and their skilled coaches, but my real focus is on my team and all its intricacies and etc. And of course, I innately believe that my team is good enough to win.

~Carmine M. Red
Kairon@aol.com
Carmine Red, Associate Editor

A glooming peace this morning with it brings;
The sun, for sorrow, will not show his head:
Go hence, to have more talk of these sad things;
Some shall be pardon'd, and some punished:
For never was a story of more woe
Than this of Sega and her Mashiro.

Offline GoldenPhoenix

• Now it's a party!
  • Score: 42
    • View Profile
RE:Fanboy
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2006, 02:28:23 PM »
Sorry don't consider myself a "fanboy".
Switch Friend Code: SW-4185-3173-1144

Offline Mario

• IWATA BOAT!?
  • Score: 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2006, 02:35:24 PM »
Don't fall victim  to labellers.

Offline Bill Aurion

• NWR Forum Loli
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2006, 03:13:23 PM »
I'm a fanboy of great games...Too bad most of them fall under the Nintendo label...
~Former Resident Zelda Aficionado and Nintendo Fan~

Offline vudu

• You'd probably all be better off if I really were dead.
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: -19
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2006, 03:16:23 PM »

Originally posted by: Bill Aurion
I'm a fanboy of great games...Too bad most of them fall under the Nintendo label...
...and the rest involve cat girls.
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!

Offline Kairon

• T_T
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 48
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2006, 03:36:29 PM »
Ba-dum-CHING!

~Carmine M. Red
Kairon@aol.com
Carmine Red, Associate Editor

A glooming peace this morning with it brings;
The sun, for sorrow, will not show his head:
Go hence, to have more talk of these sad things;
Some shall be pardon'd, and some punished:
For never was a story of more woe
Than this of Sega and her Mashiro.

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2006, 07:36:53 PM »
I remember when fanboy referred to comic book fans. The term is pretty common place nowadays, but I think Wizard Magazine really spread it around starting back in the early 90s.

In addition to Nintendo games, I like a lot of PC games as well. But Bill is right; pound for pound, can any other publisher or developer come even close to the amount of great titles Nintendo has made?

Offline GoldenPhoenix

• Now it's a party!
  • Score: 42
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 07, 2006, 09:50:40 PM »

Originally posted by: ShyGuy
I remember when fanboy referred to comic book fans. The term is pretty common place nowadays, but I think Wizard Magazine really spread it around starting back in the early 90s.

In addition to Nintendo games, I like a lot of PC games as well. But Bill is right; pound for pound, can any other publisher or developer come even close to the amount of great titles Nintendo has made?

Sony with Blasto.
Switch Friend Code: SW-4185-3173-1144