Author Topic: Seven More Wii Games From Ubisoft  (Read 6125 times)

Offline Smash_Brother

• Let me show you my poké-balls
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile
RE:Seven More Wii Games From Ubisoft
« Reply #25 on: October 27, 2006, 07:06:57 AM »

Originally posted by: Kairon Heck, do they even hardbor the illusion that they can outmaneuver the multiple-development-house, deep-pocketed EA for any consistent period of time?

Clearly they do, and frankly, if there was ever a pony to REALLY bet on, it's this pony.

No one knows what the Wii will actually do when it launches: will it go over lukewarm and have no one caring after the first week, or will it be a public phenomenon the likes of which we haven't seen in decades (like, since the hula hoop)?

Ubi is, without question, betting on the latter and I strongly believe that, if the Wii takes off in the way Ubi is hoping it will, Ubi will rapidly become a much, MUCH larger name in the industry, maybe being the first 3rd party giant known for, you know, quality (sorry, Sega).
"OK, first we need someone to complain about something trivial. Golden or S_B should do. Then we get someone to defend the game, like Bill or Mashiro. Finally add some Unclebob or Pro666 randomness and the thread should go to hell right away." -Pap64

Offline Mario

• IWATA BOAT!?
  • Score: 8
    • View Profile
RE: Seven More Wii Games From Ubisoft
« Reply #26 on: October 27, 2006, 07:52:55 AM »
Plus there isn't really much to lose for them here. Red Steel and Rayman, the games with the biggest budgets (this is a guess) will probably sell at least a fair few hundred thousand no matter what, Red Steel especially.