Author Topic: The Perfect Wii Tv  (Read 9408 times)

Offline KirbySStar

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
RE: The Perfect Wii Tv
« Reply #25 on: October 18, 2006, 07:02:42 PM »
Here's my Wii tv =)

A 32-inch Samsung LCD.  My gamecube using component cables looks beautiful on this thing.  

Offline GoldenPhoenix

• Now it's a party!
  • Score: 42
    • View Profile
RE:The Perfect Wii Tv
« Reply #26 on: October 18, 2006, 07:19:22 PM »
Mr. Jack how close do you sit to your TV? I heard that makes a difference as well when it comes to 1080p, I'll probaly be at least 7 ft from mine if I get a 32-40 incher.
Switch Friend Code: SW-4185-3173-1144

Offline Nick DiMola

• Staff Alumnus
  • Score: 20
    • View Profile
    • PixlBit
« Reply #27 on: October 18, 2006, 08:12:55 PM »
I would say I sit around 7 ft back and you can definitely still see jaggies even on the 360. Regardless, a bigger TV that does 1080p = total hotness. I just can't justify the purchase of any HDTV that doesn't have the potential for 1080p. When the HD switch happens a couple of years down the road I'm sure almost everything possible will be in 1080p and peple looking for the best experience will need it. I essentially bought my 24 inch HDTV because it did 1080p and eventually I can use it in my bedroom. I'm sure in a year or two when I have some more disposable income I'll purchase a big HDTV for the living room to really enjoy the 1080p that much more.  
Check out PixlBit!

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 410
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 18, 2006, 08:48:36 PM »
This is the TV that I want to get before I buy my Wii (I'm waiting for the Black one). I can use it for TV and for my PC since they are right next to each other and I've really been wanting something widescreen for a few years now(I always buy/rent the widescreen version of everything even though I have no widescreen).

Its only $1500 and the price just keeps getting lower the longer that I wait. I just can't bring myself to spend that kind of money when I know I'm neglecting other debts that should be paid off first.

Offline UniversalJuan

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 18, 2006, 09:35:06 PM »
I will actually own one of these sometime between Nov 3rd and Nov 7th, and man can I not wait. I am particulary looking forward to playing all my Cube games via my component cables on it (Have a 27in HD-Ready TV now but it's 1. Not 16:9, 2. needs to have the cables put into a different socket when using pro scan, and 3. I've seen this monitor in person....I need to play my games on this thing.) I simply wish I could afford to get every single one of you who don't have one or something better one of these too /tear

Edit: Far better link
They gave a war, nobody came, imagine all the fuss. They'd have to send themselves instead of...sending us. Yeah (People of the Generation - by Scatman John)

Originally posted by: Luigi Dude
The greatest game of all time is Super Smash Bros Brawl.  It

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: October 18, 2006, 09:37:27 PM »
The Kiosk seem to be using 4:3.  Probably 480P still though.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline capamerica

• ^______^
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 19, 2006, 07:18:05 AM »
@Brandogg
MS has said they have no plans to release as 1st party HDMI cable for the Xbox360, But they have said that 3rd party will release a HDMI cable for it.

MS just doesn't see a need to release a HDMI cable since so few HDTVs even use it.
"Alright, you know what? I'm just giving in and looking at the breasts."
Crow ~ MST3K
<BR>-- I like my food like I like my women Chinese, Japaneses, Korean, Filipino, Vietnamese and Hot! --

Offline The Omen

• Forum Fascist
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 19, 2006, 01:22:58 PM »
I have a 51" rear projection hdtv that really rocks, and it's only $900(because it is rear projection...like I care) if you shop at the right time.  My games look downright gorgeous with component cables, kids.
"If a man comes to the door of poetry untouched by the madness of the muses, believing that technique alone will make him a great poet, he and his sane compositions never reach perfection, but are utterly eclipsed by the inspired madman." Socrates