Author Topic: Which is a better SP colour as regards scratching?  (Read 2434 times)

Offline novastar512

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
Which is a better SP colour as regards scratching?
« on: March 05, 2003, 01:49:05 PM »
Well, I heard from a news article that the silver Gameboy SP scratches.  However, I was wondering how people have been finding about their SP getting scratched or rather not scratched.  And specifically, what colours.

Thanks

Offline mac<censored>

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2003, 03:06:00 AM »
I don't own one, but I checked out the display models at a store, and both the silver and metallic blue models showed obvious signs of wear (as it had only been out a few days, they must have really gotten worked over by the crowds [it was a very busy store...]!).  The black model looked much better, though I think this may be in part because the underlying plastic is black just like the paint (as far as I could see, the black model is actually painted too, though I could be wrong about this), making any wear/scratches a lot less obvious.

Offline Zaush

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2003, 02:57:12 AM »

Originally posted by: macshit
I don't own one, but I checked out the display models at a store, and both the silver and metallic blue models showed obvious signs of wear (as it had only been out a few days, they must have really gotten worked over by the crowds [it was a very busy store...]!).  The black model looked much better, though I think this may be in part because the underlying plastic is black just like the paint (as far as I could see, the black model is actually painted too, though I could be wrong about this), making any wear/scratches a lot less obvious.

I've found my black SP to be very scratch resistant. (yes it is painted black, has a fine metallic powder in the paint as well, looks pretty good) I wear a metal ring on my right hand while playing and it's still not accumulated a scratch from playing. I cart the thing around in my pocket and once again it hasn't recieved any scratches.