Author Topic: Rock  (Read 39585 times)

Offline vudu

• You'd probably all be better off if I really were dead.
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: -19
    • View Profile
RE: Rock
« Reply #150 on: January 08, 2007, 02:25:10 PM »
I don't know what's wrong with you people; Morning View sucked.  Incubus got a little taste of success with a few tracks off of Make Yourself and tried to do an entire album full of watered down mainstream pop-rock songs.  The album was a huge disappointment.  A Crow Left of The Murder was much better.  I haven't heard too much off of Light Grenades, but from the little I have heard it's pretty good.  However, I think we can all agree that they'll never come close to topping S.C.I.E.N.C.E. and we should all just learn to live with it.  
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
  • Score: 10131
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: January 08, 2007, 03:51:03 PM »
I live in Melbourne, Florida. There's 2 Orlando rock stations and 1 local station, they're always playing Tool, at least when I turn it on. I've never been a fan, but I did like their old songs on the radio/TV like Prison Sex and Sober.
I think it says on the box, 'No Hispanics' " - Jeff Green of EA

Offline MaryJane

• Ain't got nothing on Felica Hardy
  • Score: -13
    • View Profile
RE:Rock
« Reply #152 on: January 09, 2007, 01:42:32 AM »
sweet i'm going to florida for spring break this year, at least I know your radio stations will be good. i'll be in the melbourne area, just not melbourne itself.
Silly monkeys; give them thumbs they make a club and beat their brother down. How they survive so misguided is a mystery. Repugnant is a creature who would squander the ability to lift an a eye to heaven conscious of his fleeting time here.

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
  • Score: 10131
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: January 09, 2007, 05:30:23 AM »
OMG LETS PLAY SOME WII!@131!!W!
I think it says on the box, 'No Hispanics' " - Jeff Green of EA

Offline Nick DiMola

• Staff Alumnus
  • Score: 20
    • View Profile
    • PixlBit
RE:Rock
« Reply #154 on: January 09, 2007, 09:02:10 AM »

Originally posted by: vudu
I don't know what's wrong with you people; Morning View sucked.  Incubus got a little taste of success with a few tracks off of Make Yourself and tried to do an entire album full of watered down mainstream pop-rock songs.  The album was a huge disappointment.  A Crow Left of The Murder was much better.  I haven't heard too much off of Light Grenades, but from the little I have heard it's pretty good.  However, I think we can all agree that they'll never come close to topping S.C.I.E.N.C.E. and we should all just learn to live with it.

I agree that Incubus will never top S.C.I.E.N.C.E. but I always associate Morning View with the Gamecube launch and it just carries some really fond memories for me. It is a very relaxing album and I usually put it on for summer night driving because it fits the mood so well (plus Aqueous Transmission is one of my favorite Incubus songs). To each his own I suppose.
Check out PixlBit!