Author Topic: GC, worth buyin or not?  (Read 3873 times)

Offline kms1357

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
GC, worth buyin or not?
« on: February 22, 2003, 06:00:42 AM »
do you think it is? im not sure exactly cause i wanna buy it for games like super mario sunshine or luigis mansion or somethin like that(im a huge fan of adventure/action games especially mario) but im not sure wat other good games arer out there for the system... people say metroid prime is a good game but i dont like that kind of games, i want action adventure games like mario or luigi  or maybe a good racing game from time to time and some shooters... if you could please tell me some of the good games and if its worth it...and be kind on my budget, im only a kid with a budget of like 200 or so that i have been saving up and like a little extra(and i already have a ps2 so dont recommend it instead)

thank you all

Offline Gharakh

• View Profile
GC, worth buyin or not?
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2003, 06:08:27 AM »
you could always pawn off ur ps2 so you can afford more gamecube games
if you like shooters try out timesplitters 2, if you haven't already for the ps2.  you should at least rent metroid prime if u do get a cube because it really is a fantastic game. you might be too young for Eternal Darkness but that is also a great game (it has a lot of action/adventure elements)
for racing i have need for speed hot pursuit 2, its a good game, not the greatest racer ever but it is a fun game.
hope that helps a little bit anyway..

Offline EggyToast

• View Profile
GC, worth buyin or not?
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2003, 06:24:28 AM »
Of course we think it is: it's the gamecube section of the planet gamecube forums.

That said, besides the polling aspect of this thread, there's the upcoming F-zero, the upcoming wind waker, which will both be out by the time you have enough money to get them  Ikaruga is coming out, which is a great shooter.  Metroid really is more action/adventure than FPS.

Offline kms1357

• View Profile
GC, worth buyin or not?
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2003, 06:43:35 AM »
i like my ps2 and most of my games but i was planning o selling like 4 or 5 that i beat witch will leave me with like 4 and are there any games like grand theft auto vice city out there on GC cause thats like my fav ps2 game...where can i sell my ps2 games for a good price??? i wanna sell gta3, crash bandicoot(the new one, the wrath of cortex or sumptin)twisted metal black, formula one racing, and state of emergency and how much u think i can get off that?

thank you

PS-im only 12 but i am allowed to play games like gta and violent games, so being too young for a game dont matter

Offline Gharakh

• View Profile
GC, worth buyin or not?
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2003, 06:51:27 AM »
u wont get much for gta3. i saw someone in EB that was gonna trade it in and they only offered 5 bucks for it. and the game was only about a month old, practically brand new.
i don't think you'll get much for selling ps2 games because most of them you can buy brand new rather cheap.  shop them around before you sell them though. phone EB and ask what they will give for those games then go to some other places and see what they can give.

Offline Hemmorrhoid

• View Profile
GC, worth buyin or not?
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2003, 07:20:17 AM »
True Crime is supposed to be a real GTA killer.
Its bigger, less linear, introduces tons of different fighting styles like Kung FU, Wrestling etc, heavy emphasis on weaponless combat.

But theres still bullet time gun action too, much better graphics etc, and its also coming for the GCN.
LZ 2005

Offline Sean

• View Profile
GC, worth buyin or not?
« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2003, 07:55:52 AM »
Again, it seems like I see this kind of thread all the time.  OF COURSE IT'S WORTH BUYING (as someone said, this IS a GCN forum, after all...haha)!  That said, nearly any system is "worth buying" if you have the cash.

The GameCube doesn't boast huge 3rd party support, but games like (I need to just save this list for pasting, people ask about it so much) Super Mario Sunshine (much maligned, sadly, but really quite brilliant 99% of the time) and Metroid Prime (which any CUBE owner MUST buy, regardless of what you think about it--because you'll be wrong if you think you don't like "that sort of game" more than likely--it's that surprising) make the system worth purchasing, but then you have Pikmin, Super Smash Bros. Melee, Wave Race, Rogue Squadron, Eternal Darkness, the Resident Evil games, Animal Crossing, Super Monkey Ball 1 and 2, and on and on.  And those are JUST THE EXCLUSIVES.  All must-buys, with the exception of Wave Race, possibly.  Now, factor in all the other 3rd party games that are exclusive or multi-plat, and you've got yourself a good little system.

This has all been said before, elsewhere, so forgive me for reiterating.  
"I think that if the devil does not exist,
and man has therefore created him,
he has created him in his own image and likeness."
from Fyodor Dostoevsky's THE BROTHERS KARAMAZOV

Offline Perfect Cell

• View Profile
GC, worth buyin or not?
« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2003, 08:37:23 AM »
Its worth it because its great as a complementary game to a PS2 ( I also have a PS2 as a complementary to my GCN) You got a ton of quality Action Adventure type games, Mario Sunshine and Zelda and Eternal Darkness are great examples, theres the RE sereis and the very good Star Fox adventures. Shooters? How bout Star Wars Rouge Leader? or later on Star Fox from Namco. Racing games, well mostly its futuristic Racers, EG3, Tube Sliders, FZero GC, all look very good or are very good. Plus its a great Party system with titles like Super Smash Brothers Melle, Godzilla DAMM, Mario Party 4, Time splitters 2, and Monkey Ball 2

GC, worth buyin or not?
« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2003, 04:39:23 PM »
(To the poster of the topic.) Rar--please refrain from posting while drunk and stupid, thank you.
"Just a little gift from your friendly nieghborhood evil doer." - Me.

~ If you like serious, good quality Zelda rpgs, AIM HeroPiccolo and I'll give you a link. ~

Offline Gamer Donkey

• View Profile
GC, worth buyin or not?
« Reply #9 on: February 23, 2003, 12:31:18 PM »
I'm glad to see Godzilla on this list, but no one mentioned Burnout or 007, if not already owned for PS2.

Edit: Burnout is said to be much better on GC rather than PS2. I'd have to agree with that.
"Heh, i just saw a petition somewhere for Halo to come to PS2. Hey look a green donkey!"

-Mario (Just found it interesting...)

The Gaming Donkey has returned.

Offline Hostile Creation

• Hydra-Wata
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
GC, worth buyin or not?
« Reply #10 on: February 23, 2003, 01:59:08 PM »
Gamecube is definitely worth buying, and I assure you that any Nintendo game will be well worth the fifty bucks.  Sega is also very good, and Capcom.  If you have any game questions, ask.
HC: Honourary Aussie<BR>Originally posted by: ThePerm<BR>
YOUR IWATA AVATAR LOOKS LIKE A REAL HOSTILE CREATION!!!!!<BR><BR>only someone with leoperd print sheets could produce such an image!!!<BR>