Author Topic: Why cant they make a decent DBZ game?!?!?  (Read 4589 times)

Offline BoB007

• Secret undercover Bob or something
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
Why cant they make a decent DBZ game?!?!?
« on: February 20, 2003, 08:49:08 PM »
Seriously, what is so hard about making a GOOD DBZ game. I bought Budokai and it lasted for like 2 weeks. Then it just started getting to damn repetative ( the moves that is ). The game was ok while is lasted but i need a good game before i die. I want a cell-shaded game ( it would look alot better cell-shaded than in 3D hence the TV show) with a HUGE variety of characters.

hmmmm SSJ4 Goku * drools *

I also want the moves and energy waves to be alot better. They had the same moves for practically every player and the only thing they did differently was change the name of it. I was thinking that it would be cool if you could create your own fighter and your own moves. The story mode of Budokai wasnt bad, but it wasnt good. I want a single player mode where you can either be bad and go to cities and turn them into rubble or be good and protect the cities or some crap like that. I JUST WANT LOTS AND LOTS OF EXPLOSIONS

I dunno im just suggesting ideas .... what do you guys think a " GOOD " DBZ game needs ? Or can there never be a " GOOD " DBZ game ?  

Offline Rafalapso

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2003, 01:39:15 AM »
One thing comes to mind when talking about making a DECENT DBZ game
MAKE IT 2D
remember the errors from the past: 3D DBZ fighting games always will be crap
because it will be slow, have bad controls and other problems related...

in my opinion, the best DBZ fighting game of all time was Hyper Dimension for SNES
make a DBZ game like it, and make a better combo system and you'll have a very good DBZ game...

Offline BlkPaladin

• Score: 9
    • View Profile
    • Minkmultimedia
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2003, 04:10:28 AM »
Accually its a problem that stems from greed. They want to milk a franchise so they throw out a throwen together product. This effects almost all Anime, and Movie based games. Most developers just wants to cash in on the name thinking they can continue to throw out garbage and people will buy it up. And unfotunatly they are right. By and far gaming is a complusive buying market whose consumers doesn't do much research before buying.
Stupidity is lost on my. Then again I'm almost always lost.

Offline Scyth3r

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2003, 07:20:01 AM »
Because its a not a very good show either?  

hehe j/k.

Offline SSJ3Goku

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2003, 10:18:42 AM »
Yeah, i dont mind Budokai as you can do the little disappearing trick, you know disappear in front of them and get behind them and then blast them! But anyway, were is the RPG they were showing, if you don't believe me that it exists, just look on Kazaa or Morpheus; 'DBZ gamecube movie' just search that. It's a cel shaded RPG and just has Goku flying around on Nimbus - i wonder if thats a bit of Budokai, i only done one battle on Budokai, so if anyone sees this could you please tell me if it is in it, or if it is completey different! Thanks

Offline Skyman_Welks

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2003, 11:53:39 AM »
I like the fighting style in the game, but what I think they should do is make an adventure/(maybe a small mixture of platforming elements) game based on the show...... or maybe even developing new plots and throwing them in as well.

I kind of liked the graphics on Budokai, but cell shading could be cool too. I think that it should include some RPG elements. When ever you run into a villain, you would go into a battle resembling that of Budokai. The battles would only be different if it wasn't a main villain but a henchman, like the saiba men, and if you're stronger than them, you will have an advantage

Example: Like how they get faster as their strength increases. if it's just a henchman, they will move in slow motion, giving you the speed advantage....... I think that is better than making you fight really fast.

I could see a lot of potential in a game like this, if they took the time. I'd definitely have fun playing something like that, and I'd definitely buy it as soon as it hit the shelf........ even though I am kind of losing my interest in the show.
What is character but determination of incident? What is incident by the illustration of character?

Offline Cerberus

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2003, 02:18:13 PM »

Originally posted by: BoB007hmmmm SSJ4 Goku * drools *

Uh SSJ4 would make it DBGT. Anyway a new DBZ game would be great if it was Dragonball. That was my favorite series of all three. (Course then it wouldn't be a new DBZ game.)

*thinks of a Dragonball: Budokai*  
You can pick you friends, you can pick your nose, but you can't pick your friend's nose.

Offline SGT Killjoy

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2003, 03:15:55 PM »
It is really hard to beat a good 2D game. Guilty Gear X2, Capcom vs SNK, and Capcom vs Marvel, have always had the most moves. Although Soul Calibur 2 is gonna rock. It has to or i'll cry.

Offline BoB007

• Secret undercover Bob or something
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2003, 05:22:00 PM »

Uh SSJ4 would make it DBGT.

Yeah no sh!t. By the time they make another DBZ game, the saga will probably either be in the middle or after GT.

Offline Sion441

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 21, 2003, 06:24:07 PM »
Yea, I think that's exactly it too. They think they can bank off the name and don't need to put lots of resources into it. Hopefully this will change some day..

Offline Infernal Monkey

• burly British nanny wrapped in a blender
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 21, 2003, 10:45:08 PM »

Originally posted by: SSJ3Goku
just look on Kazaa or Morpheus; 'DBZ gamecube movie' just search that. It's a cel shaded RPG and just has Goku flying around on Nimbus

Just a word of warning, make sure you type in the 'GameCube' part. Type in 'DBZ movie' on Kazaa and you'll get an MPEG of a woman being shot in the head. For real. A Faces of Death video. Not the most wonderful thing to view...

Anyway, in my opinion, the only way we'll ever see a good DBZ game is if it's developed by Sammy, SNK or Capcom. The masters of fighting games.
The only half decent DBZ game I've ever played was the Mega Drive one...