Author Topic: NoE Prime 3 Arena Interview  (Read 10516 times)

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
RE: NoE Prime 3 Arena Interview
« Reply #25 on: July 15, 2005, 11:04:38 PM »
There's already enough 2d Metroids as well. Let it rest a bit.

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #26 on: July 16, 2005, 10:15:25 AM »
Well, it's been awhile sence Zero Missionso it wouldn't hurt but now that you mention it, I wouldn't mind waiting a little bit longer.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 16, 2005, 10:44:26 AM »
It's only been a while if you suffer from ADD or think that the Jak and Ratchet games are coming at a good pace.

Offline Bartman3010

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 16, 2005, 05:36:28 PM »
Hey, its a game where Samus competes with other bounty hunters. Truthfully, I'm tired of Samus losing all of her attachments and being stuck on one planet. Plus the controls arent "Hold strafe to run" more traditional (and interesting on the DS, if only the turning could go quicker.)

Metroid game in name only? I think its quite suitable, myself.
- Bartman

Mario Kart DS - 111728-668174
Metroid Prime Hunters - 3866-1460-2555
Tetris DS - 105680-429364

(Send PM if interested, you probably arent)
Better yet, check out #mariokartds on Esper.net, featuring the FriendCodeBot!

Offline Mr. Segali

• PAY YOUR RENT!
    • View Profile
RE:NoE Prime 3 Arena Interview
« Reply #29 on: July 17, 2005, 10:51:46 PM »
Speaking of Dread, any info on it at all (besides that one scan)?
Imported Super Princess Peach

Offline Blackknight131

• View Profile
« Reply #30 on: July 18, 2005, 08:59:11 AM »

Originally posted by: KDR_11k
There's already enough 2d Metroids as well. Let it rest a bit.

Hi. I disagree and want more 2D Metroid.
Bye.

Oh wait, I'm basically getting it with Castlevania Dawn of Sorrow....I'll be good for a bit...

Offline Ian Sane

• Champion for Urban Champion
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 18, 2005, 09:48:35 AM »
I love 2D Metroid but I think having too much of it too fast will burn it out.  I loved Metroid: Zero Mission but because Metroid Fusion had come out only a little over a year before (Fusion was Nov 2002 and ZM was Feb 2004) it felt a little too familiar.  I think the series would benefit from being dormant for a few years.  Not as long as the gap between Super Metroid and Metroid Fusion but three years or so between games would be acceptable.

I think Metroid Prime should take a break too but since that's one of the first games announced for the Rev Nintendo obviously has different plans.  It's too bad because they're killing off the appeal of their franchises with all these sequels.

Offline Deguello

• Cards makes me ill.
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 18, 2005, 11:08:19 AM »

I think Metroid Prime should take a break too but since that's one of the first games announced for the Rev Nintendo obviously has different plans.

So what would you think should be an adequate waiting period?  2 years, maybe?
It's time you saw the future while you still have human eyes.

... and those eyes see a 3DS system code : 2750-1598-3807

Offline Ian Sane

• Champion for Urban Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 18, 2005, 11:22:07 AM »
"So what would you think should be an adequate waiting period? 2 years, maybe?"

Is this a trick question?  MP2 came out in 2004 so therefore if I say "sure" then I'm basically supporting what Nintendo's doing since the Rev and thus MP3 probably will come out in 2006.  I think Retro should release something else first.  I'm very curious to see what else they're capable of.  Then they can go back to Metroid.

I think Metroid Prime 3 should be released around 2008 or so.  It's right in the middle of the Rev lifespan kind of like Super Metroid was for the SNES.  I would also have it be the only Metroid game released for the system to get the series back to a "one a system" schedule.  But we don't know pretty anything about the Rev release schedule so predicting what should go where and when doesn't make too much sense yet.  Obviously Metroid Prime 3 at launch is better than nothing at launch.  I just think Nintendo should space their franchises out more to keep them fresh.

Offline PaLaDiN

• I'm your new travel agent!
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 18, 2005, 11:24:36 AM »
I'll take 2D and Prime Metroids as fast as Nintendo can pump them out. This is one series where there can never ever be too much of a good thing.
<BR><BR>It shone, pale as bone, <BR>As I stood there alone...

Offline Michael8983

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 20, 2005, 02:55:40 AM »
If the other bounty hunters are as fleshed out as Samus with their own back-stories and personalities, I could see this standing out as a new franchise as opposed to just some spin-off. Kind of like the Warioware games. Even though it does star a Mario character and have all kinds of cameos from the Mario universe, it's far removed from being a Mario game with its unique gameplay and atmoshere along with a dozen or so original characters that are now widely recognized by fans of the series. It's practically an original franchise.
I think that's the key to Hunters' success. Being seen as something different that can stand on its own as opposed to just a slimmed down version of Prime that spits on the proven formula that ALL past Metroid games have clung too.
Unfortunately, most see it as the latter which is why its probably best Nintendo just release the game this Fall as planned and see if people actually want to play it online. If so, it will be the perfect selling point for a sequel that, unlike this one, would be designed with online play in mind from the start as opposed to just being tacked on at the last moment.

Offline kirby_killer_dedede

• I SUK AT DIS ENTERNIT OK
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 20, 2005, 03:08:17 AM »

Originally posted by: Renny

Originally posted by: Ian Sane
We complained about that a long time ago.  No need to continue.

I'd put that in my sig but I'm already feeding your narcissism too much.

Then god dammit, I will!
WHY HELLO THAR MR. ANDERSUN

4 8 15 16 23 42

Offline couchmonkey

• I tye dyed my Wii and I love it
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 20, 2005, 06:26:22 AM »
I agree with KDR on the change for this game, I think it's a good thing.  It can't hurt to change things up for one game, and even if it doesn't fit the "spirit" of the series, it does fit the plot.  Why not do something different?

I also agree that the series has been over done this generation.  What happened to the Nintendo that said the industry was tired of seeing too many sequels?  The promise at the beginning of the Cube's lifespan was that Nintendo would innovate and avoid uninteresting sequels, but I believe it went in the opposite direction.

Of course, a lot of it comes down to taste.  Obviously some people do like to have a sequel per year, just see Sony, Capcom, EA, and THQ.  It doesn't suit me though.
That's my opinion, not yours.
Now Playing: The Adventures of Link, Super Street Fighter 4, Dragon Quest IX