Author Topic: Intec Announces DS Peripherals  (Read 2517 times)

Offline TheYoungerPlumber

• Thy Rod and Staff
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
    • Nintendo World Report
Intec Announces DS Peripherals
« on: September 01, 2004, 06:24:26 PM »
What, you thought 3rd parties would let you use Nintendo's stylus?

Maximize Your DS Gaming Experience!

Intec Launches First-to-Market Nintendo(R) DS Gaming Accessories  

MIAMI, Aug. 31 /PRNewswire/ -- Intec, Inc., the leading manufacturer of cross-platform video game accessories, today introduced a full line-up of accessories for the soon-to-be-released Nintendo® DS gaming platform. The line-up, which is set to begin shipping in North America in conjunction with the launch of the Nintendo DS (date to be determined), will offer a full complement of products for the DS and is to include items such as a leather case, stylus pens, power adaptors, and more! ADVERTISEMENT     First and foremost, DS players need to power up and charge for game play. Intec's Road Power Kit (G1715 - MSRP $ 7.99), which plugs directly into a vehicle's existing power outlet, delivers the power needed when on the road. Next, whether at work, school, or visiting with friends, Intec's second power solution for the DS, the Power Max (G1716 - MSRP $8.99), offers users a lightweight A/C adaptor that's easy to carry. This heavy-duty adaptor offers users a long-lasting power source for continuous game play. And lastly, Intec offers the ultimate charging station for the DS -- the Dock It (G1710 - MSRP $11.99). By simply snapping the DS onto the stable, angled charging cradle, all users need do is plug in the A/C adaptor (sold separately) and their DS is displayed and charged while keeping it safe from bumps and scratches.

Next, Intec introduces the ultimate carrying case for the DS. The Safe Case (G1760 - MSRP $11.99), which features Intec's flagship high-grade aluminum construction to withstand daily bumps and drops, features an auto-locking slide lock, a durable nylon carrying strap, and a customized interior cushion molding for a snug and protective fit. Another carrying option is the Leather Hipster (G1705 - MSRP $14.99), which allows users to carry their DS in top-grain leather style. Features include smooth black leather, heavy-duty stitching, a magnetic close button, and an easy-glide belt clip system that keeps the DS secure at all times.

Next, the lower screen of the Nintendo DS offers users PDA-like touch capabilities, meaning players no longer have to rely on just buttons to move characters or shift perspectives. With that in mind, Intec will offer users a Stylus Pen Set (G1712 - MSRP $8.99), which comes with 3 heavy-duty stylus pens. The pens feature a rugged metal and plastic construction with soft tips that are tough enough to keep up with the most hard-core road gamer. Next, Intec's Safe Screens (G1709 - MSRP $4.99), which are geared to provide the DS screens with a protective transparent film, cling to the screens and can be removed by just peeling them off! With no messy glues to worry about, the Safe Screens are thin enough to maintain the sensitivity of the DS stylus, yet strong enough to prevent unwanted scratches.

Next, Intec offers a must-have for the serious gamer on the go - the Game Buds earphones (G1706 - MSRP $7.99). These high-quality stereo earphones, which allow users to play as loud as they want, feature an adjustable volume control, a mute button, and a retractable cord, allowing users to tuck away the cables and ear buds when not in use.

Lastly, Intec offers DS users the all-inclusive Starter Kit (G1780 - MSRP $14.99). The kit, which comes packed with the best accessories to maximize the DS gaming experience, features Intec's Game Buds earphones, Safe Screen protection films, and the Road Power vehicle power adaptor.

::Michael "TYP" Cole
::Associate Editor
Nintendo World Report

"Only CHEATERS mess up!" -Waluigi

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 98
    • View Profile
RE: Intec Announces DS Peripherals
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2004, 06:37:13 PM »
The only thing I've ever bought from Intec was some metal GBA game cases...  I'm usually not big on third party accessories, although I do think Pelican makes a great product (when there's no offical product near by)...   Anyone have any other third party accessory opinions?
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline MattVDB

• In need of an alter-ego
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
RE:Intec Announces DS Peripherals
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2004, 08:07:36 PM »
Personally, I am looking forward to having a screen cover for my touch screen.  That was one of my biggest fears when the DS was announced, but for 5 bucks, who can complain?  It will be what saves the value of many people's DSs, that is for sure.

Oh, and asking that question to me seems like flaimbait and not much else.  I've purchased thrid party items before (the best actually being Pelican Gameboy accesories), but have yet to buy any for my GCN.  So yeah, watch as the "thrid parties suck" comments start rolling in.

Offline ib2kool4u912

• Prez Sez, SCHOOL IS FOR LOSERS
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2004, 09:08:42 PM »

Originally posted by: UncleBob
The only thing I've ever bought from Intec was some metal GBA game cases...  I'm usually not big on third party accessories, although I do think Pelican makes a great product (when there's no offical product near by)...   Anyone have any other third party accessory opinions?

I've got the Intec LCD screen for my Gamecube, works great. I dont really have any other experiance with them.

Originally posted by: Ian Sane
"But if that extra slot under the gamecube isn't for a hard drive then what the hell is it for?"

The Gamecube waffle iron.

"I have made this thread. It is mine. I call it. But I will share it with you."-KnowsNothing

Offline couchmonkey

• I tye dyed my Wii and I love it
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2004, 08:31:04 AM »
I went against all traditional wisdom and bought a large third-party memory card for my N64 way back when.  I don't remember who made it, but honestly, I've never had a single problem with it - it was well worth the money.

I also buy GBA game cases from third parties, because I think those l'il guys need protection when I'm carrying them around everywhere.  I _could_ buy a case for the GBA itself, but I'm too cheap.
That's my opinion, not yours.
Now Playing: The Adventures of Link, Super Street Fighter 4, Dragon Quest IX

Offline joeamis

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2004, 04:14:44 PM »
I like my Pelican headphones with headphone adapter for gba sp:ce.  And my old Pelican regular gba case is superb, now with the gba sp:ce it fits the gb, the headphone adapter and headphones, the ac adapter, and 9 gba games, possibly 10 if I tried lol.  And it's a tiny case that fits in your pocket lol.  GO PELI!  

On another note it's good to see Intec's big support this early.  I can't imagine how many kids will lose their styluses, or break them, and then go buy Intec's.

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
RE: Intec Announces DS Peripherals
« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2004, 11:24:54 PM »
A friend of mine uses a "toothpick" (looks like a normal ballpen with a steel tip) for his PDA, seems to work.