Author Topic: Buy Less Than Jake's new album, DO IT NOW  (Read 6874 times)

Offline mouse_clicker

• Pod 6 is jerks!
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile
RE:Buy Less Than Jake's new album (AND DVD), DO IT NOW
« Reply #25 on: August 13, 2004, 04:19:06 PM »

You should feel good about The Clash...

The Clash played ska! Rudie Can't Fail is an excellent ska song from them- more traditional than the second wave stuff hitting the scene at the time.
"You know you're being too serious when Mouse tells you to lighten up... ^_^"<BR>-Bill

Offline Hostile Creation

• Hydra-Wata
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 13, 2004, 05:50:29 PM »
Traditional can be very good at times.  I like Rudie Can't Fail, listening to it now.  I like it more than a lot of the modern ska I've heard, anyway.  I'm still rather undecided on my opinion of ska, though, so I'm going to keep my trap shut.
HC: Honourary Aussie<BR>Originally posted by: ThePerm<BR>
YOUR IWATA AVATAR LOOKS LIKE A REAL HOSTILE CREATION!!!!!<BR><BR>only someone with leoperd print sheets could produce such an image!!!<BR>

Offline mouse_clicker

• Pod 6 is jerks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 13, 2004, 06:02:39 PM »
If you want a good example of 2nd wave ska, listen to some stuff by the Specials and Madness. Specifically listen to One Step Beyond, A Message to You, Rudy (a 1st wave cover) and Little Bitch, all 3 some of the best ska songs ever recorded in my opinion- A Message To You, Rudy, is very traditional as well. Two Tone ska is the best for skanking if you ask me, although I personally like 3rd wave better.  
"You know you're being too serious when Mouse tells you to lighten up... ^_^"<BR>-Bill

Offline KnowsNothing

• Babycakes
  • Score: 11
    • View Profile
RE: Buy Less Than Jake's new album (AND DVD), DO IT NOW
« Reply #28 on: August 13, 2004, 07:33:00 PM »
Oh hello, I just listened to the entire B  is for B-Sides album while playing Yoshi's Island.  I like this album, it makes me happy to listen to.
kka wakka wakka wakka wakka wakka wakka wa

Offline mouse_clicker

• Pod 6 is jerks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 14, 2004, 12:26:45 PM »
Then go listen to Hello Rockview if you haven't- best ska album ever released in my opinion, and Less than Jake's finest work, needless to say.

Offline Shift Key

• MISTER HAPPY-GO-LUCKY
  • Score: 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: August 26, 2004, 04:52:51 AM »
I've been listening to Streetlight Manifesto for the last two days. "Everything Goes Numb" is a brillaint album and again is second to Rockview on my favourite ska albums of all time. The title track, 'Point/Counterpoint' and 'A Better Place, A Better Time' are my favourite songs, but I've gone two days without skipping a track I must find some Catch 22 stuff now, because Tomas' vocals are like some sort of drug.
Check it out guys.