Author Topic: SUDEKI  (Read 2097 times)

Offline rambo

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
SUDEKI
« on: July 25, 2004, 01:38:22 AM »
So has anyone played SUDEKI yet on the xbox as is meant to be a very good rpg indeed.  It isnt out in the uk yet but i will definately be buying it once its released.  Just wondering though if anyone has it and what their thoughts are about it.

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
RE: SUDEKI
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2004, 04:16:53 AM »
I read two reviews and they said completely different things. One says the combat sucks, the story sucks, the voice-acting sucks, etc, while the other says the story is good, the voice acting is good, the combat is awesome, etc. The review average is 75%, but then that's the same as ToS had early on (though one 70% review for ToS listed "we can't understand the dialogue" as a downside to the game since they reviewed the japanese version...).

Offline Renny

• Satin
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2004, 06:41:24 AM »
Yep, GameRankings is worthless. Except to prove the pure idiocy of reviewers. I especially love the 1Up review [of ToS] where they contrast it to a game that hasn't been released.

"...by all accounts..."

Oh my.
"... i only see pS2s at the halfway house so its those crazy druggies playing them." - animecyberrat

Offline Ymeegod

• Score: -16
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2004, 10:33:07 AM »
Well I rented it this weekend.

Story is par-chessy, characters are very stale, and yeah the voice acting is bad--wishing you were deaf bad.

Other negatives--glitches in the game, there's alot of pixel-poping and alot of artifacts (namely look at cracks under doors while walking by them), some slow down, and alot of piss-poor level design that makes you backtrack alot (I freaking hate being forced to backtrack all the time).

The only upside would be the combat system which isn't to great but still it's the strongest part of the game.

Overall I would give this game a D-.  It passes but it's no system seller and there's plenty of other games I should have played instead. :0.

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2004, 09:28:20 PM »
Hehe, so far two out of three reviews I read said the voice acting was brilliant... So much for unbiased media. One review said the story doesn't pick up until the half-way point (10 hours or so), so your oppinion might vary depending on how long you play it...
I dunno about your country of origin, but here a D- (4-, we use numbers) is below the cut line.

Offline couchmonkey

• I tye dyed my Wii and I love it
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2004, 06:54:09 AM »
I'd like to check it out if I had an Xbox, but since I don't, I think I'll survive without it.
I like Gamerankings, because I can see a variety of opinions.  There's no one place that I trust 100% for reviews, so it's nice to see a few.
That's my opinion, not yours.
Now Playing: The Adventures of Link, Super Street Fighter 4, Dragon Quest IX

Offline Ymeegod

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2004, 07:22:32 AM »
D- is a 65 out of 100.  

And it's the exact same score that Gamespot gives it.  Gamespy gave it a 6 out of 10 and IGN gives it an 78.

And gamespy slams the voice acting as well.

Offline rpglover

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2004, 02:12:54 PM »
i played the demo of the game- it seemed alright- the battle system is kinda funky at first, but once you realize its all about timing and not about button combos then it becomes rather fun- but from what i have heard the game is short (which doesnt bother me- one of my favorite rpgs is breath of fire dragon quarter) and the story isnt too great but if the gameplay could hold up then i might give it a try
i call the big one bitey.

Offline Ymeegod

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 30, 2004, 06:46:50 AM »
Beat it in 17 hours--which is longer than most games but not for it's genre.  

Saddly just when Sudeki gets interesting it just ENDS--literally missing a few key chapters .

Offline nitsu niflheim

• Eye-Candy Andy
  • Score: 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 03, 2004, 08:46:16 AM »
I have absolutely no interest in this game, nothing at all about the game sells itself to me, the graphics look like ass, the characters designs are all stupid looking.  And 17 hours for a RPG or even a RPG hybrid game is too short in my opinion.
Currently Reading:  Odd Apocalypse ~ Dean Koontz
Currently Watching:  ?