Author Topic: Spiderman 2 Questions  (Read 1930 times)

Offline Jale

• BURN BABY BURN
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
Spiderman 2 Questions
« on: July 18, 2004, 01:54:56 PM »
My question is:

Is it possible to perform that nice "Web Yo Yo" from the last game? Its that move where you hang from the cieinlg unside down. He does it some cutscenes but I can't find any trace of it.

Offline Draygaia

• View Profile
RE: Spiderman 2 Questions
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2004, 09:35:12 AM »
I nevered played it but it would be !@#$ed up not to have it.

The Spiderman game on the N64 was so awesome I wanted to buy it but my N64 is in such bad condition now.  I played the one for the GCN and it isn't something I would bother to keep ever.  I hope Spiderman 2 brings back from what was in the last generation.
www.chickenpatrol.com  Don't just eat meat.  Eat chicken.

Offline Jale

• BURN BABY BURN
    • View Profile
RE:Spiderman 2 Questions
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2004, 12:41:55 PM »
I didn't play the N64 one but the new one is good. THe web yoyo aint in there but there wouldn't be much chance to use it anyway. Its a good game, they have the swinging spot on and the slow mo is really great when fighting Doc Ock. Also, if you are bored and have got quite far, use the acrobatic trick that makes you dive headfirst with your arms tucked in while falling off the empire state building. Very funny.

Offline Pikkcuber

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2004, 04:35:57 PM »
Spiderman 1 for the GCN was a very solid game Spiderman 2 failed to improve anything and they messed up  alot of stuff.  Fighting is one button,cutscenes are not done too well (not that, that matters to much but still) the new swinging system is frustrating and its very hard to get to the staue of liberty.
PikkCuber

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2004, 08:59:44 PM »
"didn't improve anything"? I'd call a free-roaming city a major change.

Offline Cube_King

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2004, 01:05:58 AM »
Yeah, the sequel is better and improves on the original. I might actually buy this game.
"A bad game is bad forever, but a good game is even better..........." Shigeru Miyamoto

Offline Jale

• BURN BABY BURN
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2004, 04:02:57 AM »
I've bought it and I found it too short. Renting seems better for this game unless you truly love flying around the city.

It is so much better than the last game. The swinging is realistic and once mastered it is not frustrating. AS it says on one of the hint markers 'just because there is only one button called 'attack' doesnt mean it ends there'. There is a great attack where you shoot a web downwards and yank the enemie's feet out. I kill most people with the counterattacks, accessed by pressing X. It isnt that hard to get to the statue, at at least you CAN get there, unlike the last game.

Offline Draygaia

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2004, 07:31:29 AM »
Short....

Damn!  You know its like when a company really creates something awesome it has to make you want more.  I'm still getting it.  I also hope hope the company takes up some other Comic Characters and make good games of them.
www.chickenpatrol.com  Don't just eat meat.  Eat chicken.

Offline Jonnyboy117

• Associate Editor
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 37
    • View Profile
    • Nintendo World Report
« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2004, 05:05:10 PM »
The missions are short.  There is so much to do in the city that you could play forever though, sort of like GTA III and Vice City (though not as good).
THE LAMB IS WATCHING!

Offline Jdub03

• Bert Stanton speaking.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 23, 2004, 05:19:03 AM »
I would have to say the only improvement over the first is the swinging system and free roam city.  When I first played I was very dissapointed.  The fighting system is very twitchy.  At best it gets the job done.  You can stay in the air almost forever punching an enemy.  Each punch you through makes you float for about three seconds.  I also hate the fact that they incorporated that very weak ragdole physics to the enemies, which they used in that other movie game.  I cant remember the name. Nonetheless its still a very enjoyable game.  An absolute must rent.(I say rent because its so short)
How many legs does a dog have if you call the tail a leg? Four. Calling a tail a leg doesn't make it a leg. - Abraham Lincoln